***OFFICIAL NHL CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD***

What a complete joke that game was.  I enjoyed watching Winni play though.  Physical and truly determined to win.  Some nice brawls at the end.  Winnick (MN) beat the living fuck out of Tanev!!  JESUS!  Fucking lumped his melon up good.  Seeler(MN) is a tough kid but needs to realize this is the big league...he did well enough against Cheirot even after a rough start.

But let's be honest.  It wasn't right to have the Jets tender standing all alone and on his feet for most of the night while being forced to watch the game at the other end of the ice.  I think he should be allowed a chair and some reading material.  :lol:

I said Minny would win ONE in this series, I may have been a bit optimistic.  MINNESOTA PRO SPORTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after the first two games, Bhent and Zam have already tucked in their wieners and scurried away from the gagging sounds emanating from the Minnesota playoff wasteland?  :dunno:  

9 minutes ago, sledderj said:

So after the first two games, Bhent and Zam have already tucked in their wieners and scurried away from the gagging sounds emanating from the Minnesota playoff wasteland?  :dunno:  

No.  Back read a bit.  We both predicted a humiliating trouncing out of the first round against the Jets.  

23 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Ben was quick to jump on the leafs loss but was no where to be seen :snack: 

On 4/11/2018 at 9:43 AM, f7ben said:

Here is my bracket

bracket.png

Pretty similar to mine, Ben, only I have the Kings going all the way and winning Sir Stanley. Remember 2014? :bowdown: In the East, I have NJ beating the Bolts and the CBJ's beating the Caps. Longs shot with NJ beating the Bolts, but there are always upsets. I see Pitts in the final with L.A. Although they looked anything but great last night, they usually have a game or 2 like that before they get their act together. We have 20 guys in our pool and $20 bucks to play with all the winnings going to 1st place. $400 bucks is a decent pot. 

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You were awfully quiet this morning when I tried to lure you out :lol: 

I'm in a period of mourning .....it happens every time with the wild. Lasts about 3 days now lolz

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You nailed it...The Bruins  are hammering them.

Going to be awful tough for the young leafs to get to the next level, where they are tough enough to compete in the playoffs.

The Jets are Canadas best hope, to get near the finals.

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Going to be awful tough for the young leafs to get to the next level, where they are tough enough to compete in the playoffs.

I picked the jets to win the cup but I'd sure like to see MN make a series out of it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

I no expert by any means and didn't play the game growing up but how does an Original Six team like The Leafs exhibit so much futilty while an expansion team like Winnipeg assembles such a skilled and physical team?  Now I realize there is history in Winnipeg but they have done a great job in a short period of time. Hell look at what Vegas has been able to do.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I no expert by any means and didn't play the game growing up but how does an Original Six team like The Leafs exhibit so much futilty while an expansion team like Winnipeg assembles such a skilled and physical team?  Now I realize there is history in Winnipeg but they have done a great job in a short period of time. Hell look at what Vegas has been able to do.

They are completely different teams....the leafs might throttle Tampa or Vegas but they don't match up well against teams like Boston or Winnipeg 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They are completely different teams....the leafs might throttle Tampa or Vegas but they don't match up well against teams like Boston or Winnipeg 

I get that but I'm talking their long term futility.

I highly doubt the Leafs will win a game now and the same goes for Minny. Nash and the Peg is going to be a great series and can go either way. That is a tough pick? NJ is in tough against TB but I liked what I seen last night. Significant injury on TB now so it's possible NJ comes back? L.A. is in tough but with Doughty coming back, they have a shot. I like CBJ's chances and I think Pitts will forget about the game the other night and come back and school Philly. 

Edited by irv