***OFFICIAL NHL CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD***

Just now, ZamHammer said:

Dude, this is Minnesota pro sports in the playoffs.  We really kinda expect to lose.  Decades of conditioning ourselves for disappointment has led to a numb feeling when we get ousted.  At the realization of us being tossed....if you open a window, you can hear the whole state collectively say “Meh.”

:lmao:

...but seriously.

Same as Toronto but change meh to go leafs or fuck the leafs.....depending on how they do :lol: 

25 minutes ago, ZamHammer said:

Dude, this is Minnesota pro sports in the playoffs.  We really kinda expect to lose.  Decades of conditioning ourselves for disappointment has led to a numb feeling when we get ousted.  At the realization of us being tossed....if you open a window, you can hear the whole state collectively say “Meh.”

:lmao:

...but seriously.

The Leafs haven't won a cup for 51 fucking years, they are miserable pathetic fucking losers longest dry spell of any original 6 team :guzzle: 

Just now, Momorider said:

The Leafs haven't won a cup for 51 fucking years, they are miserable pathetic fucking losers longest dry spell of any original 6 team :guzzle: 

Trump end your dry spell? 

Just now, Momorider said:

Yeah.  Been a long dry run there for being a huge hockey hub.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, f7ben said:

Its gonna be fucking awesome when an American eventually leads the faggots ass leafs to glory :lol: 

Unfortunately, that ain,t going to happen. I got a feeling Mathews is built in the same mould as Jason Spazza. He doesn,t like getting hit, and as soon as it happens twice in the same period, they disappear. And he appears to be pretty fragile. When the going gets tough, the weak disappear.

Did you see Marriner getting squeezed last night ? I can just imagine him saying WTF is going on.  

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Unfortunately, that ain,t going to happen. I got a feeling Mathews is built in the same mould as Jason Spazza. He doesn,t like getting hit, and as soon as it happens twice in the same period, they disappear. And he appears to be pretty fragile. When the going gets tough, the weak disappear.

Did you see Marriner getting squeezed last night ? I can just imagine him saying WTF is going on.  

Fuck Marner is just a tiny little boy......he's playing a mans game now

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck Marner is just a tiny little boy......he's playing a mans game now

I'm sure you meant Mathews.  And yep!  Welcome to the big show....time to put on those man breezers and realize people are going to touch you in ways that are not fun.  I expect him to fizzle out because of it too.  

Just now, ZamHammer said:

I'm sure you meant Mathews.  And yep!  Welcome to the big show....time to put on those man breezers and realize people are going to touch you in ways that are not fun.  I expect him to fizzle out because of it too.  

No I meant Mitch Marner.......he was getting into a little scrum and looked like he was gonna cry when Backes or whoever grabbed him. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No I meant Mitch Marner.......he was getting into a little scrum and looked like he was gonna cry when Backes or whoever grabbed him. 

You were pretty quiet after the wylde loss the other day :dunno: 

Just now, f7ben said:

Oh...didn't really watch that game.  Still, my point stands about Mathews.  He gets flustered as hell when he gets knocked off the puck.  I really wanted to pick up Backes.  Hopefully he'll come back home before he's a shell.

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

You were pretty quiet after the wylde loss the other day :dunno: 

Because I was really disappointed.......what do you want me to say

1 minute ago, ZamHammer said:

Oh...didn't really watch that game.  Still, my point stands about Mathews.  He gets flustered as hell when he gets knocked off the puck.  I really wanted to pick up Backes.  Hopefully he'll come back home before he's a shell.

Backes is the exact opposite of what we need. He is slow and aging. Him coming here for anything other than league minimum would be Heater/Vanek 2.0

A buyout waiting to happen.

We dont need to sign anyone except Kaprizov ......Let the kids fill the spots and develop. We have a handful of legit kids to work with 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Because I was really disappointed.......what do you want me to say

Backes is the exact opposite of what we need. He is slow and aging. Him coming here for anything other than league minimum would be Heater/Vanek 2.0

A buyout waiting to happen.

We dont need to sign anyone except Kaprizov ......Let the kids fill the spots and develop. We have a handful of legit kids to work with 

Vanek was a lazy putz after his first year back here.  Backes is still a good power center. I'd trade Koivu for him in a second.  But, he's starting to feel his aggressive play.  He'll finish up in Boston.  I'd trade Koivu for him in a second.

1 minute ago, ZamHammer said:

Vanek was a lazy putz after his first year back here.  Backes is still a good power center. I'd trade Koivu for him in a second.  But, he's starting to feel his aggressive play.  He'll finish up in Boston.  I'd trade Koivu for him in a second.

Koivu is a far better defensive center. Backes has more grit which I like but he is SLOOOOOW. Koivu may get nominated for the Selke again. He has the least high danger scoring chances per 60 5x5 of any center in the league. I should say I'm no fan of Koivu but its because of what he is paid. He is probably the best 3C in the league right now. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Koivu is a far better defensive center. Backes has more grit which I like but he is SLOOOOOW. Koivu may get nominated for the Selke again. He has the least high danger scoring chances per 60 5x5 of any center in the league. I should say I'm no fan of Koivu but its because of what he is paid. He is probably the best 3C in the league right now. 

I don't think he's better but do think he is probably the best 3rd line center in the league.  One think about Koivu I've always liked is his smart play.  He usually keeps two opposing players occupied when he is on the ice.  He's still a pretty talented scorer at times and can sure lay out some beatings on the occassional game...he no small dude.  I just like Backes' method and consistancy of play better.