***OFFICIAL NHL CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD***

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't like Dustin Brown for one thing and not really hung up on where the players are from....hell if it weren't for Russians and Swedes The Wings would have been sunk. :lol: 

He certainly doesn't seem like he's a fan favorite, but he has turned thing up/on this season. There was a time when L.A. had the most CDN's of any NHL team, and maybe that's why I liked them so much at that time, but I think they still have what it takes to come back from this, I hope? I chose them to go all the way in the Playoffs so maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, irv said:

He certainly doesn't seem like he's a fan favorite, but he has turned thing up/on this season. There was a time when L.A. had the most CDN's of any NHL team, and maybe that's why I liked them so much at that time, but I think they still have what it takes to come back from this, I hope? I chose them to go all the way in the Playoffs so maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part? 

TBH I don't watch much hockey until the playoffs but I like Torts and The Blue Jackets and The Lightning mostly because I'm such a huge Yzerman fan and he has done a great job building that team. Guessing that The Penguins or Bruins will make it out of  the east and Winnipeg the west.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

TBH I don't watch much hockey until the playoffs but I like Torts and The Blue Jackets and The Lightning mostly because I'm such a huge Yzerman fan and he has done a great job building that team. Guessing that The Penguins or Bruins will make it out of  the east and Winnipeg the west.:thumbsup:

Torts is one of my all-time favorite coaches.  I love him calling out the NHL bullshit put in place by Bettman.  I was excited as hell when I heard the rumor he was a possible option for Minn.  Oh well.  “Tater Tot” is ok.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like Yzerman too, but his rep hasn't been the greatest since he joined TB. Him snubbing St. Louis wasn't any different than Keenan snubbing him years ago. Contract dispute/issues with him and Stamkos and of course Drouin. Not sure what is going on there as I personally don't know the man, but I know something is ascue and I know St. Louis was glad to leave as was Drouin. Stamkos leaving was very close but I think Yzerman knew if he allowed that to happen, he would have been lynched. 

Edited by irv

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Torts is one of my all-time favorite coaches.  I love him calling out the NHL bullshit put in place by Bettman.  I was excited as hell when I heard the rumor he was a possible option for Minn.  Oh well.  “Tater Tot” is ok.

Love him or hate him, Torts does a good job and has a way of getting things done. I just hope they can finish off the Caps. Torts would love that, as would I. 

38 minutes ago, irv said:

I like Yzerman too, but his rep hasn't been the greatest since he joined TB. Him snubbing St. Louis wasn't any different than Keenan snubbing him years ago. Contract dispute/issues with him and Stamkos and of course Drouin. Not sure what is going on there as I personally don't know the man, but I know something is ascue and I know St. Louis was glad to leave as was Drouin. Stamkos leaving was very close but I think Yzerman knew if he allowed that to happen, he would have been lynched. 

I didn't realize that...like I said I don't pay as much attention as I should because I do really like the sport.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the Leafs are so fucking lucky this game....it should be 6-3 Boston 

No kidding....Boston has clanged more than a couple and Torontos first PP Goal came after a blown call.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding....Boston has clanged more than a couple and Torontos first PP Goal came after a blown call.

I think I've seen 3 solid pipes and 4-5 blown wide open nets etc etc 

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

He’s a little weasel with a shnoz bigger than Sal Rosenberg’s

Funny when he slashed at Reilly and he went after him the weasel ran away :lol:  I am glad they put plekanec against the little twat waffle

35 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

He's a dirty little cheap shot shitbag , but damn , the asshole can play.  :bc:

18 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Hate the guy unless if he's in your team aka team Canada :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Funny when he slashed at Reilly and he went after him the weasel ran away :lol:  I am glad they put plekanec against the little twat waffle

Sort of like Kenny "The Rat" Linesman. :lol:

He is the new Little Ball of Hate taking over for Pat Verbeek.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

lol

And on that face off he took down Marner? with his stick prior to the puck drop

🙄

7 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

lol

And on that face off he took down Marner? with his stick prior to the puck drop

🙄

Not to mention he took a shot and cross check at Andersen.  Which is why he ran from Reilly 

7 minutes ago, Gotaf7 said:

Zach Parise out 6-8 weeks with broken sternum as reported by TSN.Tyler Ennis drawing in tonight.

Parise wouldn’t have made enough  difference.  He’s a “plus” for sure but we got through most of the year fine without him.  Having Suter out is our real tragedy.

I’ll shit if we win tonight.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Parise wouldn’t have made enough  difference.  He’s a “plus” for sure but we got through most of the year fine without him.  Having Suter out is our real tragedy.

I’ll shit if we win tonight.

Dude.....Parise was playing the best hockey he has played since coming to MN 6 years ago.....and now another freak injury has ended that. This is a massive blow to the team...

I would argue that our D corp is covering for Suter better than Tyler fucking Ennis will cover for Zach. I was actually slightly hopeful this would go 7 games. Its guaranteed over in 5 now