The truth about the world we live in

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

That has nothing to do with influencing elections or covering up fraud for one party over the other.

Of course the media manufactured propaganda at all time through history.

How many people do you figure they could reach or could read during those times.

Plenty of evidence for that, too. 

Hey, I agree the media IS a problem. All im saying is they aren't a new problem.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

True.  But a lot has changed in the fundamentals of how that class thinks, and in turn operates.  Not saying they were overly self righteous back then, but they were a lot more conscious of their positions and carried a quieter humility and sense of integrity about it.  "Career politicians" solely depending on government pay was discouraged....and really not possible.  

How has the thinking changed?

Hamilton was all about a strong central government, he also thought debt was blessing for a nation, there have always been career politicians in our nation.

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

That has nothing to do with influencing elections or covering up fraud for one party over the other.

Of course the media manufactured propaganda at all time through history.

How many people do you figure they could reach or could read during those times.

A huge amount, Gutenberg invented the printing press in 1440 which was 336 years before the founding the US, and remember that the US populance was concentrated on the east coast.

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Plenty of evidence for that, too. 

Hey, I agree the media IS a problem. All im saying is they aren't a new problem.

OK, but they are a bigger problem.

I wonder if Watergate would even be an issue or would be brought to light in these times.

I remember as a kid , my dad coming home and putting on the 6 :00 world news. People trusted the media and their anchor back then.

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The first step is make a run for office to change it, but you don't want to do it.....I don't want to do it....

The guys who assembled and wrote the Constitution were the political class of the day, and by any standards they were wealthy men.

How about we support and vote for people that aren't part of the political class.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How has the thinking changed?

Hamilton was all about a strong central government, he also thought debt was blessing for a nation, there have always been career politicians in our nation.

First off, the thought of any politician in office who wasn't a proven success in society was laughable.  Secondly, somebody in an elected position didn't spend 1/3 rd of their term or time for and in the sole purpose of getting re-elected.  3rdly....pay for elected office....it was a joke.

I'm gonna let you google Alexander Hamilton as I find your comments about what I consider the ultimate founder of what we have (or used to have) and the most intelligent of our "Founding Fathers" referenced in any way with "career politician" revolting.  And if you think what he had in mind then is what we have now, well.......O.o

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

OK, but they are a bigger problem.

I wonder if Watergate would even be an issue or would be brought to light in these times.

I remember as a kid , my dad coming home and putting on the 6 :00 world news. People trusted the media and their anchor back then.

Yep...they weren't perfect but their "selective" stories and opinions of persuasion were a lot more frowned upon.  The media has become their own political power machine.  It's a disgrace.

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A huge amount, Gutenberg invented the printing press in 1440 which was 336 years before the founding the US, and remember that the US populance was concentrated on the east coast.

The literary rates in Colonial America among "whities" was around the 70-80% mark.  However, those living rural who had access to outside news in what may consider anything in a timely manner was relatively low.  "Rural"- remember, 15-20 miles back then was...well, A LONG FUCKING WAY.  Hell, a lot of people didn't even know about the war until there were soldiers in their fields.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

First off, the thought of any politician in office who wasn't a proven success in society was laughable.  Secondly, somebody in an elected position didn't spend 1/3 rd of their term or time for and in the sole purpose of getting re-elected.  3rdly....pay for elected office....it was a joke.

I'm gonna let you google Alexander Hamilton as I find your comments about what I consider the ultimate founder of what we have (or used to have) and the most intelligent of our "Founding Fathers" referenced in any way with "career politician" revolting.  And if you think what he had in mind then is what we have now, well.......O.o

I don't have to google Hamilton to know most of his adult life was spent in politics and government service, now if you want me to google that so I can paste and cut to prove you wrong I will :lol:   

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't have to google Hamilton to know most of his adult life was spent in politics and government service, now if you want me to google that so I can paste and cut to prove you wrong I will :lol:   

Do it.  

Clearly, you and I have different ideas of what a true "career politician" is.  And, I'd bet I'm probably more correct in the way most would think it today.  I do not make it a point to debate "cut and pastes" but I'll highlight some of what you are willing to do.    And forgive me if I don't get to it tonight.  I'm about to be preoccupied for the remainder of the night.  Not to fret though....I'll circle back ASAP!  :news:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The literary rates in Colonial America among "whities" was around the 70-80% mark.  However, those living rural who had access to outside news in what may consider anything in a timely manner was relatively low.  "Rural"- remember, 15-20 miles back then was...well, A LONG FUCKING WAY.  Hell, a lot of people didn't even know about the war until there were soldiers in their fields.

Yeah, I'm thinking the daily news was not hitting every porch in America.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do it.  

Clearly, you and I have different ideas of what a true "career politician" is.  And, I'd bet I'm probably more correct in the way most would think it today.  I do not make it a point to debate "cut and pastes" but I'll highlight some of what you are willing to do.    And forgive me if I don't get to it tonight.  I'm about to be preoccupied for the remainder of the night.  Not to fret though....I'll circle back ASAP!  :news:

Alexander Hamilton Biography

Political Scientist, Government Official, Journalist, Military Leader, Economist, Lawyer(c. 1755–1804)

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What have we not stuck to?

1. Social Secuity

2. Medicare/medicare/Obama care

3. Federal over reach on marriage

4. Department of education 

5. Power is suppose lie in the states. The Federal government clearly controls everything. 

6. All spending is suppose to originate in the house. It clearly doesn't anymore. 

7. The president isn't a dictator. Obama simply writes an executive order or uses a federal agency to push his agenda when congress pushed back. 

The constitution is clear. There are 17 enumerated powers. Non of which allow for what the federal government has become 

6 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The first step is make a run for office to change it, but you don't want to do it.....I don't want to do it....

The guys who assembled and wrote the Constitution were the political class of the day, and by any standards they were wealthy men.

When I was I DC last spring we visited Mt. Vernon. Ole George was worth anywhere from $200-$500 million in today's money. And he didn't earn it all himself by chopping down cherry trees...

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ok, so circling back for you honey-

First, you should do some research and teach yourself a few things.  Not just google shit. Let me help you with what most intelligent citizens of the US would generally accept as the definition of a "Career Politician":  an individual who has never worked outside the elected office in politics, a person who has usually worked in politics as a first "adult" position of relevance in their career or whose positions outside the political arena were solely to enhance or advance their career in politics.  

Now....this is what I believe a career politician is and believe (know) most citizens would agree with this definition.  Unless of course, they are still asking themselves what the definition of "is", is. :D

Now, assuming you agree this roughly fits the definition, you'd have to agree (after educating yourself on Hamilton) that he was no career politician.  Shit, he never even held a true democratically elected position!  Now I know I told you I'd go and "highlight" the why's and how's" of why Hamilton WAS NOT a career politician if you did another OH SO CLEVER cut and paste ¬¬, but, I'm not going to do that because if that is necessary by now, you are not the adversary I am hoping you to be here.  Just another knuckle-head who thinks his own ability to bullshit and do cut and pastes has somehow morphed in any way to intelligence...or, what most might agree with me on what consists of the definition of "intelligence".  

I'll end this little diatribe with this: In case you haven't noticed, you are one of the last standing lib-dems here.  Or really, the only one I consider to be of any real relevance.  Looking at who has departed, this is to your benefit BY FAR as those who have excused themselves were only detrimental in the Dem/Lib cause here.  And I don't hold it against you that the one last intellectual liberal pygmy hold-out we have here keeps leeching on to you.  I'd only offer you the advice that if you keep swimming to close too the muck on the bottom, the troll feeders there will start to think you are one of them.  Vincey!  This is your moment to "shine"baby!  A chance to really show the rest of us your skills in the art of "intellectual pugilism".  Don't squander it with bush-league tactics and bullshit.  Now, just wanna fling shit?  Cool by me too.  But don't confuse one "game" with the other.

Edited by Zambroski

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

1. Social Secuity

2. Medicare/medicare/Obama care

3. Federal over reach on marriage

4. Department of education 

5. Power is suppose lie in the states. The Federal government clearly controls everything. 

6. All spending is suppose to originate in the house. It clearly doesn't anymore. 

7. The president isn't a dictator. Obama simply writes an executive order or uses a federal agency to push his agenda when congress pushed back. 

The constitution is clear. There are 17 enumerated powers. Non of which allow for what the federal government has become 

Since the Constitution is so clear to you why don't you educate the rest of us on what Articles and Sections of the Constitution do your 7) bullet points violate.

4 hours ago, Anler said:

When I was I DC last spring we visited Mt. Vernon. Ole George was worth anywhere from $200-$500 million in today's money. And he didn't earn it all himself by chopping down cherry trees...

BALLER

And the cherry tree.

twf4z.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Cold War said:

:lol: How did I get in there?

Fuck I don't know.  I've corrected it now using the edit but my quote box was all fucked up and I couldn't figure it out and even with logging off and back on, it kept bringing the same thing up.  It's a weird glitch in this system.  And it really fucks things up on the mobile version. SO....:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Since the Constitution is so clear to you why don't you educate the rest of us on what Articles and Sections of the Constitution do your 7) bullet points violate.

Bush league.  Trying to draw members in to some type of circular logic be keep asking them to explain themselves further and further in depth is gay.  An opinion is just that.  If you disagree, then state it.

Is this going to be how you "roll" this entire weekend? It appears your frustration with the loss of fellow members to your party here is starting to lead you down a road of frustration.  Get your fucking head right man!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bush league.  Trying to draw members in to some type of circular logic be keep asking them to explain themselves further and further in depth is gay.  An opinion is just that.  If you disagree, then state it.

Is this going to be how you "roll" this entire weekend? It appears your frustration with the loss of fellow members to your party here is starting to lead you down a road of frustration.  Get your fucking head right man!  

It's a fair question Z....people love to cite The Constitution as some sort of catch all when complaining about The Federal Government so they should be able to back it up.

• Like 2