Southern Ontario Polaris Dealer Closing

scottyr

My long time Polaris dealer, Go Performance in Dorchester has decided to close the doors on May 31.    Todd was basically squeezed out by Polaris after they made completely unreasonable demands for sled orders and dealership upgrades.    I am disappointed to see him close as I have been dealing with him since 1998 but I dont blame him one bit after seeing the list of demands they made to him.  

Polaris is taking back all of his sled/atv inventory at the end of the month.   I know he is having some pretty massive parts/accessory sales coming up and I am trying to pass along the word as Polaris made him sign off that he cannot advertise a "going out of business" sale.    

Their phone number is (519)268-7533 if you are looking for anything in particular.   

Edited by scottyr
  • Sad 1

On 4/7/2018 at 12:21 PM, scottyr said:

My long time Polaris dealer, Go Performance in Dorchester has decided to close the doors on May 31.    Todd was basically squeezed out by Polaris after they made completely unreasonable demands for sled orders and dealership upgrades.    I am disappointed to see him close as I have been dealing with him since 1998 but I dont blame him one bit after seeing the list of demands they made to him.  

Polaris is taking back all of his sled/atv inventory at the end of the month.   I know he is having some pretty massive parts/accessory sales coming up and I am trying to pass along the word as Polaris made him sign off that he cannot advertise a "going out of business" sale.    

Their phone number is (519)268-7533 if you are looking for anything in particular.   

How often does that place have rideable snow within a 100 miles? :guzzle: I guess that doesn't mean you cant sell sleds but it sure doesn't help mush  :dunno: 

• 2 weeks later...

What the OEM,s have been up to for years now you must take X number of sleds/Parts/Accessories/you must have a state of the art shop and showroom on a slim margin with touch and go winters meantime sleds are brutally expensive and the shops that have blown the big dollars on brick and mortar are 100 dollars plus a hour to work on our slush scrapers,i have watched good dealers with talented techs shut down and damn near loose everything trying to satisfy their particular manufacture and now you got limited dealers to choose from miles away and are to busy in their shop to look at your ride for a couple weeks of a 10 week season for some,gone are the mom and pop family run dealers that would bend over backwards to help you now you are the one bending over,it will and has started to come back on them what do they think they are selling BMW,s,Merc,s along with long cheap financing its a deck of cards all these manufacturers  got to where they are today from a dedicated group of small business snowmobile orientated people that have been trampled shame on all snowmobile builders your future is bleak look to the past to save your ass.Joe 

• Like 1