Looking for kids ATV

2 hours ago, ontariobrent said:

Yes. Looking at the new Polaris 110 efi but its pricey

Just go buy a new one , if your lookin that new , you won’t find a whole lot of deals . They hold they’re value like 120 sleds and kids dirt bikes . You’ll sell it for close to what you paid for it . 

• Like 1

I have a couple of them. They were being saved for the grandkids, but they have no place to store them (city kids)

They are Yamaha Moto4's. One is an 80cc and the other is a 100 cc. Both are shaft drive with electric start

I will check again to see if they want them, but they have been sitting here for 2 years now, and i'd like them gone.

In the pic they are the yellow and blue ones

jul15 013.jpg

• Like 1

How old are the kids?

We started ours out on a Suzuki 50, but they out grow that.  Then we got a 250 Ozark, the Ozark has a 5 speed tran, so you can put it into 2nd gear and let them go and it will only go so fast.  As they get older the gears go up.

Have had the bike for 11 years now.

15 hours ago, ontariobrent said:

Looking for a kids ATV. Prefer name brand.

Don't be afraid to look at Eton atvs. They are not cheap Chinese atvs but rather ones who are built for Polaris and Suzuki, and maybe more? My son had one for 2 years and it worked flawlessly, plus it had a ton of safety features the others didn't have. I purchased it for around $1200 and sold it for that 2 years later. Definitely worth checking out, unless you like paying an extra grand or 2 just to have Polaris or Suzuki written on it. https://www.kijiji.ca/b-atv/canada/e+ton/c311l0a259  http://etonamerica.com/ Parts are also easily obtainable, which is a plus.

7 hours ago, Tricked-Toys said:

How old are the kids?

We started ours out on a Suzuki 50, but they out grow that.  Then we got a 250 Ozark, the Ozark has a 5 speed tran, so you can put it into 2nd gear and let them go and it will only go so fast.  As they get older the gears go up.

Have had the bike for 11 years now.

A Suzuki Ozark is a 250cc ATV.

Curious, why a 4 wheeler vs a bike?

This will be my kids (5 & 4) first year on dirt bikes, it is what I started on & personally think is a better choice to learn how to ride an off road vehicle. Was not until I was much older that any of us considered 4 wheelers..... they only positive thing I remember about them was winter riding (not on OFSC trails - there were not any in Windsor).

I agree as well about the prices.....kids stuff like this sells easy and for not much less, if at all, than what you will pay. 

Taiwan?

On 4/5/2018 at 11:56 AM, irv said:

Don't be afraid to look at Eton atvs. They are not cheap Chinese atvs but rather ones who are built for Polaris and Suzuki, and maybe more? My son had one for 2 years and it worked flawlessly, plus it had a ton of safety features the others didn't have. I purchased it for around $1200 and sold it for that 2 years later. Definitely worth checking out, unless you like paying an extra grand or 2 just to have Polaris or Suzuki written on it. https://www.kijiji.ca/b-atv/canada/e+ton/c311l0a259  http://etonamerica.com/ Parts are also easily obtainable, which is a plus.

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Taiwan?

Could be but who cares, they are a great working atv, plus if Polaris and Suzuki use them to build theirs, that says something right there.

Like I mentioned earlier, they have a ton of safety features on them that the others don't, including Polaris and Suzuki who they build them for. I forget all them but they came with a tether, a horn, a rev limiter box (can set max speed) full foot wells, won't start unless brake is applied, etc, etc, etc. I wouldn't have purchased one if I thought they were junk.

Viper 90R Quick Look Features List

• Electric start with back-up kick starter
  • Engine stop switch for safety with optional remote shut-off switch
  • Hydra-Disc® Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake
  • Fully automatic oil injection eliminates the need to premix the gas and oil
  • C.V.T. (Continuous Variable Transmission) provides even torque through all riding conditions
  • Adjustable throttle stop and electronically limited speed.
  • Keyed ignition switch for added security
  • Safety brake switch. Engine will not start until brake is engaged.
  • Wide, sturdy wheel-base
  • "A" arm independent front suspension has adjustable individual shocks for a safer more surefooted ride
  • Swing arm rear suspension helps maintain traction under rough riding conditions
  • Parking brake
  • Quick release seat latch for easy access
  • On-board tool box for simple field repairs
  • Tail/Brake light and Horn
  • Pulsing Front LED
  • Multi Panel body design
  • Flag Holder
  • Oil Tank low indicator light

HPIM0565.JPG

3 hours ago, irv said:

Could be but who cares, they are a great working atv, plus if Polaris and Suzuki use them to build theirs, that says something right there.

Like I mentioned earlier, they have a ton of safety features on them that the others don't, including Polaris and Suzuki who they build them for. I forget all them but they came with a tether, a horn, a rev limiter box (can set max speed) full foot wells, won't start unless brake is applied, etc, etc, etc. I wouldn't have purchased one if I thought they were junk.

Viper 90R Quick Look Features List

• Electric start with back-up kick starter
  • Engine stop switch for safety with optional remote shut-off switch
  • Hydra-Disc® Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake
  • Fully automatic oil injection eliminates the need to premix the gas and oil
  • C.V.T. (Continuous Variable Transmission) provides even torque through all riding conditions
  • Adjustable throttle stop and electronically limited speed.
  • Keyed ignition switch for added security
  • Safety brake switch. Engine will not start until brake is engaged.
  • Wide, sturdy wheel-base
  • "A" arm independent front suspension has adjustable individual shocks for a safer more surefooted ride
  • Swing arm rear suspension helps maintain traction under rough riding conditions
  • Parking brake
  • Quick release seat latch for easy access
  • On-board tool box for simple field repairs
  • Tail/Brake light and Horn
  • Pulsing Front LED
  • Multi Panel body design
  • Flag Holder
  • Oil Tank low indicator light

HPIM0565.JPG

Nothing wrong with that.

Fyi park to park passes are now good for eastern ontario trail riders.  Good to see network growing.

On 4/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Nothing wrong with that.

Fyi park to park passes are now good for eastern ontario trail riders.  Good to see network growing.

That is good news, but unfortunately I no longer own atvs. Truthfully, there has been a few times that I have missed them, but once I think about storage, upkeep, insurance, trail passes, transporting them, etc, that usually leaves me pretty quickly. If I lived out in the country or had better access to the trails, that would likely differ, but just like the dirt bike I owned, it just wasn't feasible. 

31 minutes ago, irv said:

That is good news, but unfortunately I no longer own atvs. Truthfully, there has been a few times that I have missed them, but once I think about storage, upkeep, insurance, trail passes, transporting them, etc, that usually leaves me pretty quickly. If I lived out in the country or had better access to the trails, that would likely differ, but just like the dirt bike I owned, it just wasn't feasible. 

We drive ours off our property and can go anywhere in Parry Sound with them.  Trails are a bonus.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We drive ours off our property and can go anywhere in Parry Sound with them.  Trails are a bonus.

We use to be able to drive our's right from our trailer out to the trails but unfortunately, not everyone had common sense. Now, if you want to ride, you have to go out to the front gate (about 2kms) and leave from there. One atv has already been stolen from this spot and if memory serves, I think his replacement is the only quad there now? There was, at one time, about 10-15 of us who all owned quads. They were a lot of fun when we had time but with the things I mentioned, and when my son decided to play hockey, they just weren't worth keeping around any longer. 

009_9_02.jpg

010_10_02 (Large).jpg

009_9_05.JPG

016_16_05 (Medium).jpg

HPIM0130 (Large).JPG

019_19_03 (Medium).JPG

022_22_01 (Large).JPG

Image003_4.jpg

Image005_6 (Medium).jpg

Image012_13 (Medium).jpg

Image015_16 (Medium).jpg

46 minutes ago, irv said:

We use to be able to drive our's right from our trailer out to the trails but unfortunately, not everyone had common sense. Now, if you want to ride, you have to go out to the front gate (about 2kms) and leave from there. One atv has already been stolen from this spot and if memory serves, I think his replacement is the only quad there now? There was, at one time, about 10-15 of us who all owned quads. They were a lot of fun when we had time but with the things I mentioned, and when my son decided to play hockey, they just weren't worth keeping around any longer. 

009_9_02.jpg

010_10_02 (Large).jpg

009_9_05.JPG

016_16_05 (Medium).jpg

HPIM0130 (Large).JPG

019_19_03 (Medium).JPG

022_22_01 (Large).JPG

Image003_4.jpg

Image005_6 (Medium).jpg

Image012_13 (Medium).jpg

Image015_16 (Medium).jpg

We're on a 4 season road so only have township to deal with.:bc: