Sellers Market - Homes

Stoney

Anyone else notice lately that just about every home listed for sale is sold either before you even notice the for sale sign or very soon after.....cannot believe it, I know it is Spring and all, but crazy how fast things are moving.

I keep bugging the wife now is the time. I swear since the 404 opened to keswick prices jumped at least $100,000. I'm tearing down old garage now, new one waiting. Adding as much value as I can with little cost. 

2 hours ago, atc said:

I keep bugging the wife now is the time. I swear since the 404 opened to keswick prices jumped at least $100,000. I'm tearing down old garage now, new one waiting. Adding as much value as I can with little cost. 

Yesterdays at my daughters gymnastics in Keswick, a couple of ladies were saying the exact same thing.

If you sell, you likely will need to buy, so all relative....unless you're looking at some real fix-er-ups!

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Yesterdays at my daughters gymnastics in Keswick, a couple of ladies were saying the exact same thing.

If you sell, you likely will need to buy, so all relative....unless you're looking at some real fix-er-ups!

Or Beaverton area.

New phase of a subdivision there Seven Meadows, some lots 50 x150 mid $300's

Edited by atc

This one really caught my eye. In udora. A little higher then I want to go but property taxes alot less. Same commute to Newmarket.

this HTML class. Value is https://m.realtor.ca

For some reason I can't post full link.

But it's mls N3502327

Edited by atc

I am in mount albert.. prices exploding here as well, pretty crazy. 

I have owned a house in beaverton since 2005... its doubled and was cheap as fuck to buy back then. Wish I could convince the wife to sell from here an move there... I would be mortgage free in a couple years. 

That seven meadows subdivision will touch the back yard there, but a 'park' is planned where my backyyard is. 

Our area is growing like crazy with 2 new houses in the two years we"ve been here lol. There"s 4-5 empty lots still (2-3 acres)each and only a matter of time before they get bought up. If I was younger I"d be trying to buy the lot next door off the guy that has it to and either build on it or just keep it vacant.

we bought a year ago May for $585k in Newmarket.....probably would go for at least $800k-$850K now. House across the street went in a day for $890k.And one ( newer) is up for $1.170k... but I think that's high.

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I can't believe how quick houses go in that area.  We are priced fair and would love to see ours go in a month

Where are you located?

I know homes near my cottage are not selling as fast as in the city.

Anyone notice the "coming soon" signs now a days on house going up for sale....I know I have seen them in the past, but now they are far more common.

Good way to build up the interest, prices and offers I guess in an area that is hot.  

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Anyone notice the "coming soon" signs now a days on house going up for sale....I know I have seen them in the past, but now they are far more common.

Good way to build up the interest, prices and offers I guess in an area that is hot.  

Some don't even make it to market and are shown to good potential clients before anyone else.

28 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ya  we noticed that also

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Some don't even make it to market and are shown to good potential clients before anyone else.

Very true.....or like Bigfish's friend, they came knocking on their door with an offer hard to refuse!

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our neighbour called a real estate agent about listing their house. He made an appointment to come see them the next day. He brought a buyer with him who ended up buying for more than they were going to list for that same day. Apparently he and his wife had lost out on two other homes and they wanted in this neighbourhood 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Our neighbour called a real estate agent about listing their house. He made an appointment to come see them the next day. He brought a buyer with him who ended up buying for more than they were going to list for that same day. Apparently he and his wife had lost out on two other homes and they wanted in this neighbourhood 

Did the buyers speak English ??

16 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

We are just outside of Orillia on the West shore of Couchiching

Good luck.  Would be surprised to see homes that far north sell that quick.  Be patient.