Sellers Market - Homes

Stoney

6 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

If this shit keeps up there won't be any first time home buyers, just crazy!

yep.  Sad part is our place went for the same money last september and the house was only 4 years old.  Can only imagine what it would have gone for this year.

2 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

I said that 10 years ago.  I don't know how they will either, but I think the government should STFU and let the market demand and correct itself.

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

yep.  Sad part is our place went for the same money last september and the house was only 4 years old.  Can only imagine what it would have gone for this year.

How far along is the new place?

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

she's all done and are in it.  Just haven't had time to put up any pictures. 

Nice! So the other place sold?

Just now, 04nightfire said:

It did.  We moved out in January and were living in the in laws place until we were finished the build

Oh...well good to hear.....one of these days I will get my as over there to see you guys...been close a few times. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Oh...well good to hear.....one of these days I will get my as over there to see you guys...been close a few times. :lol:

lol.  We aren't far from where the old house was.  Nice and quiet and lots of property to play on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Supply and demand will do a far better job of controlling the market than government will ever be able to do. If the market comes to the point where there isn't demand from buyers it will correct itself.

Perhaps we will one day come to multi-generational mortgages similar to Japan where mom & dad take on the mortgage and the kids finally pay off the mortgage.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Supply and demand will do a far better job of controlling the market than government will ever be able to do. If the market comes to the point where there isn't demand from buyers it will correct itself.

Perhaps we will one day come to multi-generational mortgages similar to Japan where mom & dad take on the mortgage and the kids finally pay off the mortgage.

Thats in some European countries as well.  In Japan you can't buy a car unless you have a place to park it.

46 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen.  :)

Will get some up in the  house build thread

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thats great.  How many months from start to finish?

just over 5 months from when we first put shovel to ground

• 3 months later...

We sold a few days before tax implemented but it was already slowing down because the market was being flooded with new listings. 

I was talking to an agent the other day and asked if alot of people walked away from deposits. He said no, alot of people renegotiated the price. I guess the other issue for those needed to mortgage alot got held up because they over paid.

We are patiently waiting for the new house.

20170721_111426.jpg

20170721_111317.jpg

1 hour ago, atc said:

We sold a few days before tax implemented but it was already slowing down because the market was being flooded with new listings. 

I was talking to an agent the other day and asked if alot of people walked away from deposits. He said no, alot of people renegotiated the price. I guess the other issue for those needed to mortgage alot got held up because they over paid.

We are patiently waiting for the new house.

20170721_111426.jpg

20170721_111317.jpg

Looks good.  Let the fun begin

• 5 months later...
On 30/04/2017 at 12:38 AM, atc said:

Little ways away 

But the new house in Severn Bridge 

(Different color though)

1472987776_Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 7.15.54 AM.png

Almost a year since we first consI deres it. 

Last weekend first starting trip from the soon to be new house 

26757008_10156079766267059_1037359368355331312_o.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, Puzzleboy said:

I know people in The Magic Kingdom (Quebec) who pay interest-only mortgages...... I'd never heard of such a thing. 

Interesting you mentioned this. My brother in law worked with many French guys in Montreal, and he told me way back in 1980 or so that the goal of every guy he worked with was to die with as much insured debt as possible.

They all stretched their credit as far as possible, with zero interest in actually paying anything off.

Anytime they purchased anything, the standard question was, how low can you get my payment. Worst case, if they couldn,t make a payment, the item would get re=possessed, but by then, they were ready to move on to something else anyways.

Kinda makes you wonder who is better off, they sure live every day like it is their last. LOL