Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, ckf said:

. It's not like he bought a winning team, it was the Force India team :lol:

Well yeah but still...does his kid have any talent?

20 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Force India has been better than Williams lately.

True, but that isn't really that high of a bar. F1 has always had one or two dominant teams with one or two others knocking on the door. This year it is Ferrari and Mercedes with Red Bull close, but not quite there. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

True, but that isn't really that high of a bar. F1 has always had one or two dominant teams with one or two others knocking on the door. This year it is Ferrari and Mercedes with Red Bull close, but not quite there. 

Was thinking Lance Stroll could finish in the top ten occasionally verses at the back of the field if he was in a pink car. Perez and Ocon finished 7 and 8 last race.

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

And  how about that Canadian food billionaire Latifi buying a stake in in McLaren for 273 million so his kid has a ride...

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And  how about that Canadian food billionaire Latifi buying a stake in in McLaren for 273 million so his kid has a ride...

My dad was only a thousandair or I'd be driving in F1.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think over time this is not good for the sport. If the most talented drivers can't get to the big leagues because less talented drivers get a seat do to their fathers being rich. Not good for any of the top tier series.

• Like 3

Former Ferrari and Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne has died after suffering complications from surgery.

The 66-year-old executive, who oversaw the dramatic turn around in fortunes for the Fiat-Chrysler group (FCA) which effectively saved both car companies from bankruptcy, was also the chairman and CEO of Ferrari.

He was replaced in all of his positions within the FCA empire earlier this week, after it was revealed he had suffered complications during shoulder surgery, and would not be able to return to work.

Reports in Italy claimed he had slipped into a coma, and on Wednesday, it was confirmed he had died.

https://drivetribe.com/p/ferrari-and-fiat-chief-sergio-marchionne-PKtuBr6kQFC0N6BASV4BNQ?iid=YRFTieBSRAimLHt0h7RjDQ&utm_campaign=formula1&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=organic

I missed Q2 but in Q1 it started wet got dry then started raining again. The guys who were on slicks during the dry window did well. Ricciardo was last to go on slicks and almost didn't make it into Q2. Timing the weather is everything.

Edited by 2strokemerc

6 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I missed Q2 but in Q1 it started wet got dry then started raining again. The guys who were on slicks during the dry window did well. Ricciardo was last to go on slicks and almost didn't make it into Q2. Timing the weather is everything.

I turned it on at the end of Q2. All Mercedes front row :(  

7 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Hopefully the crybaby messes up the start again and the Ferraris go past him. He'll be whining all race long if he's not leading.

Is it just me, or does the crying seem worse this season?

33 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is it just me, or does the crying seem worse this season?

I think he's moved it up a notch. He's so used to winning and now the Ferraris are faster so he's having trouble dealing with it.

• Like 1