Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

Race starts in a couple minutes.

The brakes on F1 cars are interesting, looks like they use a drum style brake system

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Uneventful start.

Just a heads up that The Indycar Race from Mid Ohio is on CNBC today.

I have a party to go to at 1, I'm going to miss this afternoons racing☹️

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I have a party to go to at 1, I'm going to miss this afternoons racing☹️

I'm missing F1 right now as I put on shark week as a concession to my wife. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Thanks man, I was going to do a little research myself, but said fuck it..lol..It just interested me, in pre-race when the cars are on the grid before the tires are on.. Straight up looks like drum brakes.. just the ducting to keep them cool

Screenshot_20180729-195152.png

Edited by Rigid1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry Jim :(

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Morning Jim

Damn, are you guys up that early, or just going to bed? I thought waking up at 5AM was early enough for me. You guys are almost in @jammin league if were getting up at that time :news:

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Damn, are you guys up that early, or just going to bed? I thought waking up at 5AM was early enough for me. You guys are almost in @jammin league if were getting up at that time :news:

I wake up at 4am, not by choice...It was funny, I looked at the bottom to see who is online at 4am..it's me, Steve, kivalo..All us east coast guys with insomnia..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I saw that yesterday, probably fed up with his team-mate.

One rumour I read yesterday is that Alonso is available next year to sit in the Red Bull seat.

Edited by 2strokemerc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Morning Jim

2 hours ago, ckf said:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I wake up at 4am, not by choice...It was funny, I looked at the bottom to see who is online at 4am..it's me, Steve, kivalo..All us east coast guys with insomnia..

It wasn't by choice....the Pizza Hut I had eaten  earlier was wreaking havoc on my bunghole. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I saw that yesterday, probably fed up with his team-mate.

One rumour I read yesterday is that Alonso is available next year to sit in the Red Bull seat.

Can't blame him there....Verstappen seems like a humorless entitled twat. 

• Like 2

Interesting article.

https://thesportsrush.com/max-verstappen-has-vetoed-sainzs-move-to-red-bull-marca/

The Daniel Ricciardo switch from Red Bull to Renault is going to have serious implications in the driver market.

Ricciardo will be partnering Hulkenberg at Renault and will be the designated number 1 driver for the team.

Christian Horner and co. have been given the job of identifying a swift replacement for Ricciardo and initially it was assumed that Sainz would make the journey from Renault to Red Bull, however, that doesn’t seem like the case now.

Verstappen has been identified as the no.1 driver of the team and has now vetoed Sainz’s return to Red Bull, according to reports in Marca

Red Bull chiefs Helmut Marko and Christian Horner have been guilty of favouritism towards Verstappen, something that might have triggered Ricciardo’s move away from the team.

Now, Sainz and Verstappen had an iffy relationship whilst at Toro Rosso in 2015, and thus Verstappen doesn’t want him to come to Red Bull and experience that tension once again.

Now, with Sainz out of the equation, Red Bull have reportedly turned their attention of Pierre Gasly, as Helmut Marko is a fan of the Toro Rosso driver.

Sainz could also reportedly be moving to McLaren, with Esteban Ocon now in a fix with both Renault spots out of the window.

The driver market is sure to spring up a few surprises in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Interesting article.

https://thesportsrush.com/max-verstappen-has-vetoed-sainzs-move-to-red-bull-marca/

The Daniel Ricciardo switch from Red Bull to Renault is going to have serious implications in the driver market.

Ricciardo will be partnering Hulkenberg at Renault and will be the designated number 1 driver for the team.

Christian Horner and co. have been given the job of identifying a swift replacement for Ricciardo and initially it was assumed that Sainz would make the journey from Renault to Red Bull, however, that doesn’t seem like the case now.

Verstappen has been identified as the no.1 driver of the team and has now vetoed Sainz’s return to Red Bull, according to reports in Marca

Red Bull chiefs Helmut Marko and Christian Horner have been guilty of favouritism towards Verstappen, something that might have triggered Ricciardo’s move away from the team.

Now, Sainz and Verstappen had an iffy relationship whilst at Toro Rosso in 2015, and thus Verstappen doesn’t want him to come to Red Bull and experience that tension once again.

Now, with Sainz out of the equation, Red Bull have reportedly turned their attention of Pierre Gasly, as Helmut Marko is a fan of the Toro Rosso driver.

Sainz could also reportedly be moving to McLaren, with Esteban Ocon now in a fix with both Renault spots out of the window.

The driver market is sure to spring up a few surprises in the next few weeks.

Good god F1 is full of whiny primadonnas....damn. 

11 hours ago, ckf said:

I went fishing. Had to be at rye harbor for 7 . Knew if I went back to bed I wouldn't make it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I went fishing. Had to be at rye harbor for 7 . Knew if I went back to bed I wouldn't make it.

Any storms to deal with this morning? How was the fishing?