Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's pretty funny actually. :lol:

He blew by the McLaren and Haas cars like they were standing still!

Already up to 6th. The cars are going to get harder to pass now though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Already up to 6th. The cars are going to get harder to pass now though.

Yep...still should be a good points day all things considered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Good morning, looking like a good finish. Missed most of the race so far, I'm at work and these airplanes keep breaking. Might be able to see the end.

Get your shit together Fletch! 

Priorities!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree....just surprised he made it all the way to P2.

Have you read any of the contraversy concerning last weekends race? Hamilton crying like a baby, saying Raikkonen deliberatly ran into him. See below,

Lewis Hamilton’s dream run at Silverstone was well and truly destroyed by Kimi Raikkonen yesterday when he caused a collision with the British driver. Hamilton had a slow start, which meant Vettel and Bottas were quick to overtake him. As Raikkonen was doing the same, the Ferrari driver locked his wheels and banged into Hamilton. As a result, Raikkonen got a 10s penalty while Hamilton was at the back of the field.

Although Lewis Hamilton finished second ultimately, it was his arch rival, Sebastian Vettel who took the victory while Kimi Raikkonen finishd third. Hamilton staged quite a drama post race where initially he refused to perform his media duties. He refused the interview post the race and looked visibly upset and miffed. He went on to suggest directly and indirectly that the Raikkonen clashed deliberately with him, as a part of Ferrari’s strategy.

“This is the greatest crowd in the world, and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to bring it home for them. I’ll never give up.” Hamilton said. “The team did a great job this weekend and there’s been a lot of pressure on for us all. Interesting tactics I would say from their side but we will do what we can to fight them in the next” 

For these comments, Lewis Hamilton received quite a lot of backlash from media and people on Twitter. The person leading the backlash was Kimi Raikkonen‘s wife, Minttu Raikkonen who had this to say:

“When you cry like a girl when you lose, do ballet [instead] #JustSaying” on her Instagram story.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Looks like Vettel on pole, Bottas, Raikkonen, Verstappen. Hamilton needs to see his shrink, almost had a breakdown after his car quit in Q1.

I saw he was going to back because of qualifying issues....he really is a whiny Primadonna. 

Just now, ckf said:

I missed the start of the race, but it doesn't appear as though there were any major incidents at the 1st corner :dunno:

Same here...why is Ricciardo so far back?

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How in the Fuck did Hamilton get to the front?

Vettle went off track and hit the wall in the rain while leading. That put him out front after Bottas and Kimi pitted under the safety car.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Same here...why is Ricciardo so far back?

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Bad qualifying run.

Major grid penalties due to power unit changes. Had to start at rear of grid. Renault garbage..

8 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Major grid penalties due to power unit changes. Had to start at rear of grid. Renault garbage..

Ahhhh...that sucks.