Some Great News from the OFSC

Paul Murray past Governor of District 7 is now the OFSC President.

Look for lots of the things we all wanted along with being run from the bottom up.

Congrats Paul.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/leadership/board-of-governors

Edited by Algonquin Rider

3 hours ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Paul Murray past Governor of District 7 is now the OFSC President.

Look for lots of the things we all wanted along with being run from the bottom up.

Congrats Paul.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/leadership/board-of-governors

:bc: to hopefully some positive changes.....with the OFSC and mother nature!

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Stoney said:

:bc: to hopefully some positive changes.....with the OFSC and mother nature!

Here’s hoping.

I personally fail to see what difference a figurehead can make. It’s supposed to be the board of governors and the clubs that decide the direction of the OFSC.

Weather really is the bigger influence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Here’s hoping.

I personally fail to see what difference a figurehead can make. It’s supposed to be the board of governors and the clubs that decide the direction of the OFSC.

Weather really is the bigger influence.

Weather is the much bigger factor to success, no doubt.....old man winter has not been winning the last couple of years....

I think whenever you have good leadership that truly understands the business, more positives are usually the outcome across the board.....personally do not know the new Pres or any other levels within the OFSC, but seeing how the ASC runs their ship and their endorsement, that sounds like a positive.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Says he who has no sled.:lol:

Never heard of him.

Lol. still no fuck given even if I had a sled. 

No sled on the horizon either. I think I may be all over upper Michigan and florida all winter ...........

Not sure yet.

I hope the sport turns around though

16 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Lol. still no fuck given even if I had a sled. 

No sled on the horizon either. I think I may be all over upper Michigan and florida all winter ...........

Not sure yet.

I hope the sport turns around though

Just add snow and it will be fine.

35 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Possibly but I think its almost a turning point of regression. Price of sleds is ridiculous, no snow, the ofsc seems to be a rudderless ship etc

Well since I've been doing this, I have always said the future will be a family event.   Days of the lone wolf are gone, same as quads, etc.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well since I've been doing this, I have always said the future will be a family event.   Days of the lone wolf are gone, same as quads, etc.

yup. Problem is not everyones family is into it. So the hay-days of sledding are behind us. Unfortunately, I enjoyed them a lot.

15 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

yup. Problem is not everyones family is into it. So the hay-days of sledding are behind us. Unfortunately, I enjoyed them a lot.

I seem to recall reading that the most significant increase in rider demographics is women. I'm seeing an increase in the number of families on the trails. Still lots of just the guys but that is changing.

40 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I know, my wife could care less to ride or be out in the cold, but I'll be in it until god says otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Powersports in general are dying. There has not been a single positive trend in the snowmobile world for years now. Sad to say, but the party is over. 

Sounds the same as cottage ownership quite frankly.  People are getting moved out.  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds the same as cottage ownership quite frankly.  People are getting moved out.  

Going to be a big influx of cottages for sale soon.....maybe a price correction to go along with that..

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Going to be a big influx of cottages for sale soon.....maybe a price correction to go along with that..

What reason would that be?  There is a shortage of waterfront cottages however the prices over the past 10 years have been quite gradual.

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

Powersports in general are dying. There has not been a single positive trend in the snowmobile world for years now. Sad to say, but the party is over. 

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What reason would that be?  There is a shortage of waterfront cottages however the prices over the past 10 years have been quite gradual.

You tell me why cottage ownership is dieing like the powersports? If what you suggest is true, I can only imagine people will be selling.....

As for prices, recently I agree, increase have been gradual to none existent.....it was the not so recent bump that I still shake my head at. But like all things, it is a relative. 

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You tell me why cottage ownership is dieing like the powersports? If what you suggest is true, I can only imagine people will be selling.....

As for prices, recently I agree, increase have been gradual to none existent.....it was the not so recent bump that I still shake my head at. But like all things, it is a relative. 

OK perhaps I should have been a bit clearer.  Its not dying, its transitioning.  Most cottage owners today have or own inherited properties and sell cause they can no longer afford the bills or the cost to inherit.  New owners are buying properties, many just for the land and are knocking down and rebuilding and keeping the places open all year as demographics are moving more north.  The traditional owner is holding in many cases an old property that is a demolish in waiting.  

Most current cottage owners would be shut out of the current cottage market.

26 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

The selling  prices have dropped , people’s dream o Meters are still high . 

I was almost going to suggest that, that some of the prices seem to be creeping down, still out to lunch though, especially when you see some that are a tear down, as AC also suggested.