Sign in to follow this  
Srxfasterapex

Helmets?

Recommended Posts

What's a good mx style snowmobile helmet? I'm looking at the fxr team fx-1 with electric shield, any good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People seem to like the Titan helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two Titans, my son really likes it.  I have yet to wear mine.  Added the heated visor to them as the base fogged up pretty good and didn't feel like messing with two different settings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Fly F2 Carbon Kevlar has been phenomenal all year. Super happy with it. My OG 509 sinisters seal up the best, but my favourite goggle to use in them is the 509 aviators. Also use 509 sinister X5 with a clear lense for night riding. 

Image result for fly f2 carbon orange

 

Image result for 509 aviator black ops

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey odot1, why am I being discriminated against because I am a white Canadian ? LOL 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey odot1, why am I being discriminated against because I am a white Canadian ? LOL 

answered your own question!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats show turbans work better than helmets.:thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey odot1, why am I being discriminated against because I am a white Canadian ? LOL 

It’s was 2015 and idiots like Fail and Irv voted for their favourite hair style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey odot1, why am I being discriminated against because I am a white Canadian ? LOL 

If this law ever came here...  I'd not be able to charge anyone for going without a helmet.   Orrr.... lay the charge and STRONGLY ENCOURAGE taking it to court to fight it and create a precedent.  It's just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.  Personally, I'd never go helmet less...  legal or not.  But if you're going to exempt one group from this law, then all should be exempt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, odot1 said:

Just move to Alberta, change your religion and bam!  No helmet even needed!!! Problem solved!

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-turban-wearing-sikhs-motorcycles-without-helmet-b-c-manitoba-1.4599573

Wow... how long until Sharia law is valid... at least in Ontario they decided riding a motorcycle is a privilege and not a right. With this decision though how long until it's challenged in Ontario again. They should have to sign a waiver... in an accident, no OHIP coverage for head injuries.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Wow... how long until Sharia law is valid... at least in Ontario they decided riding a motorcycle is a privilege and not a right. With this decision though how long until it's challenged in Ontario again. They should have to sign a waiver... in an accident, no OHIP coverage for head injuries.

Sharia law :lol:  try to keep the religions in order before commenting.

I know you will say you know the difference but decided to include Muslims anyway :lol:  

 

no one should be forced to wear a helmet, its a good idea to wear one but we are just a few steps away from wearing one in a car.  First will come children then adults 

Let alone chin strap fines 

Edited by 1trailmaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Sharia law :lol:  try to keep the religions in order before commenting.

I know you will say you know the difference but decided to include Muslims anyway :lol:  

 

no one should be forced to wear a helmet, its a good idea to wear one but we are just a few steps away from wearing one in a car.  First will come children then adults 

Let alone chin strap fines 

Stupidity continues from Fail...  not most but some Muslims wear a turban in varying forms. See the link. The point is that the immigrant population in Canada be it Hindu, Muslim or Sikh have been pushing for our laws to change to accommodate them for some time. We have had challenges to helmets for motorcycles in Ontario, now Alberta, development of communities in the Montreal area where all residents regardless of their religion MUST dress appropriately to conform to the modesty expected of a Muslim woman and of course lobbying to accept Sharia law in Ontario.

http://www.parsonrob.com/sikh-vs-muslim-headgear-understand-the-differences.html

As for helmets on a motorcycle... fine don't wear one but if your melon is busted up in an accident don't expect OHIP to pay for it. Sorry that goes against your socialist policies but if you want to take high risk activities without reasonable protection that's your problem not the rest of ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Stupidity continues from Fail...  not most but some Muslims wear a turban in varying forms. See the link. The point is that the immigrant population in Canada be it Hindu, Muslim or Sikh have been pushing for our laws to change to accommodate them for some time. We have had challenges to helmets for motorcycles in Ontario, now Alberta, development of communities in the Montreal area where all residents regardless of their religion MUST dress appropriately to conform to the modesty expected of a Muslim woman and of course lobbying to accept Sharia law in Ontario.

http://www.parsonrob.com/sikh-vs-muslim-headgear-understand-the-differences.html

As for helmets on a motorcycle... fine don't wear one but if your melon is busted up in an accident don't expect OHIP to pay for it. Sorry that goes against your socialist policies but if you want to take high risk activities without reasonable protection that's your problem not the rest of ours.

glad you looked up the difference, my job is done here you finally learned something new 

 

So if you are speeding and get in an accident you feel OHIP shouldn't cover you?  

You cross in the middle of the street and get hit by a car, you feel no coverage due to high risk crossing.

You turn left on a green light trying to beat the traffic, high risk move NO COVERAGE 

Let me know where this HIGH RISK ends for you

 

Personally I would wear a helmet by my choice, maybe risk it by not tightening the strap enough 

Edited by 1trailmaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

glad you looked up the difference, my job is done here you finally learned something new 

So if you are speeding and get in an accident you feel OHIP shouldn't cover you?  

You cross in the middle of the street and get hit by a car, you feel no coverage due to high risk crossing.

You turn left on a green light trying to beat the traffic, high risk move NO COVERAGE 

Let me know where this HIGH RISK ends for you

Personally I would wear a helmet by my choice, maybe risk it by not tightening the strap enough 

STILL WRONG FAIL AS USUAL

just needed to show how wrong you were when you made the assumption that there aren't any Muslims that wear a turban.

Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is just plain stupid... is that what happened to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 02sled said:

Wow... how long until Sharia law is valid... at least in Ontario they decided riding a motorcycle is a privilege and not a right. With this decision though how long until it's challenged in Ontario again. They should have to sign a waiver... in an accident, no OHIP coverage for head injuries.

 

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

STILL WRONG FAIL AS USUAL

just needed to show how wrong you were when you made the assumption that there aren't any Muslims that wear a turban.

Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is just plain stupid... is that what happened to you

:lol:  okay 02sled nice back pedal on SHARIA LAW comment

As long as you know now I am all good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just stupid.  We have a helmet law, because we have socialized healthcare.  Same as seat belts.  It's not about having a nanny state, it's about costs. 

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Sharia law :lol:  try to keep the religions in order before commenting.

I know you will say you know the difference but decided to include Muslims anyway :lol:  

 

no one should be forced to wear a helmet, its a good idea to wear one but we are just a few steps away from wearing one in a car.  First will come children then adults 

Let alone chin strap fines 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the Snell-rated turbans. 

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stats show turbans work better than helmets.:thumbsup:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

That's just stupid.  We have a helmet law, because we have socialized healthcare.  Same as seat belts.  It's not about having a nanny state, it's about costs. 

There are 1000 times the head injuries in car than Bike complete bullshit sames goes for the lame bicycle kids helmet 

 

guy on a bike gets totaled, head is concussion, broken back, arm, leg, and finger nail - what money are you saving :dunno:  

This is about profits for Insurance companies not healthcare 

 

as I said I would wear one Sledding for sure as it blocks the winter elements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you allowed open face bike helmets :dunno:  one pebble to the face you night go down

dot-approved-motorcycle-helmet-half-helm

 

just laughable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

 

:lol:  okay 02sled nice back pedal on SHARIA LAW comment

As long as you know now I am all good 

Yeah right... dumb as a stump Fail, give everyone a hug can't seem to grasp the concept that there is constant lobbying for Canada to adapt our laws to accommodate the immigrants coming here so that Canada can become just like the countries they needed to get away from.

You still claiming turbans are Sikhs only eh? What an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Only the Snell-rated turbans. 

Don't forget the "Dirty diaper" turban. They protect you from Johos, LGBTQ and other minorities. Only problem is they attract flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying that our initiative should be to teach motorcyclists to ride in a manner which ensures their death after an accident?  That would be cheaper.  :)

In any case, you missed the point.  Most jurisdictions with socialized healthcare, will make decisions based on the greater good.  Mitigating risk for taxpayers.  That's how it works. 

And not upon a motorcyclist's wish to ride helmetless.  I don't like it, but I understand it.  Many U.S. states allow it, but they can. 

 

 

On 3/31/2018 at 10:37 PM, 1trailmaker said:

There are 1000 times the head injuries in car than Bike complete bullshit sames goes for the lame bicycle kids helmet 

 

guy on a bike gets totaled, head is concussion, broken back, arm, leg, and finger nail - what money are you saving :dunno:  

This is about profits for Insurance companies not healthcare 

 

as I said I would wear one Sledding for sure as it blocks the winter elements 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.