Helmets?

On 3/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, Srxfasterapex said:

What's a good mx style snowmobile helmet? I'm looking at the fxr team fx-1 with electric shield, any good? 

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the point of having a Moto X style helmet with an electric shield? Why not just get a normal helmet with an E-shield, or is it the visor/look what you're after?

I'm confused? https://www.sportpat.com/en/2018-helmet-team-fx-1-heated-shield?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-rln5O62gIVRL7ACh3gBAOwEAYYASABEgLq7_D_BwE

2 hours ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Just looking for a change and the reviews look good on the titan so I thought I'd try it, they also said no need for electric googles 

Well my sons froze up pretty good on our first ride this season, so we got the electric.

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well my sons froze up pretty good on our first ride this season, so we got the electric.

How cold was it?

I bought this helmet for a Wyoming trip. First time with an mx'er. No fogging issues after I learned to open mouth piece when stopped. Take goggles off when working out a stuck sled.

Light helmet, no snow dust issues was the biggest plus. Nice to have 2nd goggle for sunny days, no sunglasses to fight with.

Don't understand the mx peak, maybe keeps snow off your face? Doesn't work as sun shade as some say and you get a lift or push when driving at speed.

Don't trust in extreme cold but I used it up to minus 18 with no problems or fogging. Full face for anything beyond that temp. Everyone I've ridden with has got frost bite with an mxer...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The Titan is actually electric goggles vs. a shield.

Personally, if your goggles are fogging up/freezing, usually a set up issue, need to find what works for you.

I think so.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

How cold was it?

I bought this helmet for a Wyoming trip. First time with an mx'er. No fogging issues after I learned to open mouth piece when stopped. Take goggles off when working out a stuck sled.

Light helmet, no snow dust issues was the biggest plus. Nice to have 2nd goggle for sunny days, no sunglasses to fight with.

Don't understand the mx peak, maybe keeps snow off your face? Doesn't work as sun shade as some say and you get a lift or push when driving at speed.

Don't trust in extreme cold but I used it up to minus 18 with no problems or fogging. Full face for anything beyond that temp. Everyone I've ridden with has got frost bite with an mxer...

I think it was about -18.  I also spoke with the rep cause we never had the adjustable vents on ours so likely had ver 1.0, that they corrected since.  It will work but we need to mess with and can't bother. 

They had a recall on the first run, goggles had a bad foam seal.

I noticed through trial an error that when stopped for a period if you left the mouth piece closed your hot exhale would find its way into the goggle through the vents on the underside of goggle. Open up mouth piece and I never had a problem.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

The Titan is actually electric goggles vs. a shield.

Personally, if your goggles are fogging up/freezing, usually a set up issue, need to find what works for you.

never had a problem with that on my titan...........

4 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

They had a recall on the first run, goggles had a bad foam seal.

I noticed through trial an error that when stopped for a period if you left the mouth piece closed your hot exhale would find its way into the goggle through the vents on the underside of goggle. Open up mouth piece and I never had a problem.

We were about 15 mins into a ride when my son's froze up real bad.  John from Rousseau Road passed by us on the trail and stopped and said to open up the vents on the goggles, we didn't have those vents or any adjustment.  Couldn't real do much so instead of messing with a summer/winter setup we ordered the winters as we use them for quadding as well.

MX helmets are only about looking like a bike MX helmet.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:11 PM, irv said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the point of having a Moto X style helmet with an electric shield? Why not just get a normal helmet with an E-shield, or is it the visor/look what you're after?

I'm confused? https://www.sportpat.com/en/2018-helmet-team-fx-1-heated-shield?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-rln5O62gIVRL7ACh3gBAOwEAYYASABEgLq7_D_BwE