Any concerts in your future???

• Gold Member

Got 2 concert tickets bought so far...  Kenny Chesney this summer...  not excited about that one but it should get me a good night with the wife and have Chris Stapleton tickets as well, which am stoked about....  aug 4th 

And then considering jumping in the stang, road tripping it and hitting up Sturgis and take in Aaron Lewis on the 7th and kid rock on the 9th at buffalo chip.

Any concerts in anybodies future?

Edited by BOHICA

We’ve been to 3 great concerts in the last month. 4 if you count The Rock Vault at the Hard Rock Cafe day before yesterday. 

We saw 3 Doors Down play an acustic concert at the Paramont in Denver. It was incredible. Ive seen 3DD 3 times now and that was the best for sure. 

Saw Nickleback 3 weeks ago in Vegas. Fantastic show. One of the best concerts Ive ever been to. The wife and I were trying to count how many concerts we have been to in the last 40 years and it’s close to 70 if not more. 

2 weeks ago we saw 38 Special on Fremont St. they put on a great show too. 

There are so many great concerts in Vegas. We arent really much into country music but many of the big names are playing here all the time. I suppose its time to give Jason Aldene a try. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Got 2 concert tickets bought so far...  Kenny Chesney this summer...  not excited about that one but it should get me a good night with the wife and have Chris Stapleton tickets as well, which am stoked about....  aug 4th 

And then considering jumping in the stang, road tripping it and hitting up Sturgis and take in Aaron Lewis on the 7th and kid rock on the 9th at buffalo chip.

Any concerts in anybodies future?

I used to go to plenty of concerts but I tired of it. Pay big bucks to hear horrible sound quality and some tone deaf bitch behind me sing every song. Yuck.

Now I only go to small venues where they make everyone sit down, shut up and put their damn cell phones away.

I need to see Springsteen one more time.

IMPACT FESTIVAL featuring

Avenged Sevenfold

Prophets of Rage

Marilyn Manson

Rob Zombie

Powerman 5000

Three Days Grace

Slayer

Corrosion of Conformity

Anthrax

Black Label Society

Last summer I saw Tool for the third time. If they finally release a new album and go on tour later this year, I'll see them again.

I also have Radiohead tickets for a summer show.

Edited by CaddisFly

1 hour ago, CaddisFly said:

IMPACT FESTIVAL featuring

Avenged Sevenfold

Prophets of Rage

Marilyn Manson

Rob Zombie

Powerman 5000

Three Days Grace

Slayer

Corrosion of Conformity

Anthrax

Black Label Society

Last summer I saw Tool for the third time. If they finally release a new album and go on tour later this year, I'll see them again.

I also have Radiohead tickets for a summer show.

That will be an incredible lineup. Where is this happening. I would like to go. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

That will be an incredible lineup. Where is this happening. I would like to go. 

Bangor, Maine.

The event, backed by Waterfront Concerts and Music Matters, will feature Avenged Sevenfold, Slayer and Rob Zombie heading up the three-day music weekend July 27-29

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Rock on the Range on May 18th ......can't wait

admat_mar14.png

I was torn between that and northern invasion. My girl lives north of Detroit so that would’ve been an easy drive. Fuck it, maybe I’ll go to both. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I was torn between that and northern invasion. My girl lives north of Detroit so that would’ve been an easy drive. Fuck it, maybe I’ll go to both. 

:lol: I know I was thinking of going to both as well. I was going to talk all my MN friends into going to Northern Invasion but I didnt drum up a lot of interest so I said fuck it and stuck with ROTR

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: I know I was thinking of going to both as well. I was going to talk all my MN friends into going to Northern Invasion but I didnt drum up a lot of interest so I said fuck it and stuck with ROTR

The problem with somerset is its sometimes cold as fuck during mid May. I went there to see the deftones and slip knot 3 years ago. It rained and the temp dropped to 45 degrees by the final show. Sucked. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The problem with somerset is its sometimes cold as fuck during mid May. I went there to see the deftones and slip knot 3 years ago. It rained and the temp dropped to 45 degrees by the final show. Sucked. 

I'm not a huge fan of that venue.....getting in and parking is shit. We had ozzfest tickets 20 years ago for there and were stuck in traffic trying to get in for 6 hours. Never made it to the show even. It was bullshit. Saw Slipknot , Sevendust , Slayer etc there also and it was a shitty dusty muddy mess that day. Just not a great venue. 

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I just got two tickets for Imagine Dragons at Summerfest.

I think there is a sex change joke in here somewhere but I'm gonna let it go :lol: 

Not too many bands I really want to see anymore. All the good bands are dead or too old to kick ass anymore. I might go see Judas priest but those guys are old as fuck too. Jamie Johnson is playing by me in August, I'd like to see him. I did all that shit back when rock shows were still "rock shows". Kiss, ZZ TOP, Iron maiden, grateful dead, every blues player you can think of, too many to list. Seems like a show nowadays is just some beat offs standing on stage playing with their dicks for 45 minutes. Meh..

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Not too many bands I really want to see anymore. All the good bands are dead or too old to kick ass anymore. I might go see Judas priest but those guys are old as fuck too. Jamie Johnson is playing by me in August, I'd like to see him. I did all that shit back when rock shows were still "rock shows". Kiss, ZZ TOP, Iron maiden, grateful dead, every blues player you can think of, too many to list. Seems like a show nowadays is just some beat offs standing on stage playing with their dicks for 45 minutes. Meh..

I saww Big John Dickerson and Blues Chamber in a bar and myself , the band and the nephew of the Guitar player were the only ones in attendance. Turns out it was a closed gig that they were using as practice for the bayfront blues festival or some shit. It was so fucking awesome 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I saww Big John Dickerson and Blues Chamber in a bar and myself , the band and the nephew of the Guitar player were the only ones in attendance. Turns out it was a closed gig that they were using as practice for the bayfront blues festival or some shit. It was so fucking awesome 

Bro I saw Willie fucking Dixon in a bar when I was 19. That was a once in a lifetime event for someone my age. That night I also saw Dave Mason and buddy miles. Front fucking row. And the first time I ever saw buddy guy play live. Mind bending experience. I think a gig like that would cost thousands of dollars for a ticket nowadays. We paid $15 cover charge. 

36 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Jeff Beck with Paul Rogers.  Ann Wilson also

Dweezil Zappa 

I went to see Jeff beck 3 years ago. The guy looks the same as he did last time I saw him in 1976. Same guitar too. I think they vacuum pack the guy after every concert and save him for the next. He’s one of top three guys on the guitar. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Bro I saw Willie fucking Dixon in a bar when I was 19. That was a once in a lifetime event for someone my age. That night I also saw Dave Mason and buddy miles. Front fucking row. And the first time I ever saw buddy guy play live. Mind bending experience. I think a gig like that would cost thousands of dollars for a ticket nowadays. We paid $15 cover charge. 

Whoa.....thats cool.