How many of you cunts oppose the tariffs on IP

8 hours ago, Momorider said:

Trump has been talking about American getting ass raped without lube on this shit for 30 years. I support never buying another fucking thing from China ever fucking again they a thieving yellow slant eyed criminal rice eating fucks. The US should get the fuck out of the WTO at the same time. :)

What is hilarious is that pant shitting fucking senile POS FAKENEWSMAINECUNT was all about buy American and tariffs now that Trump wants to do it its the worst thing ever. If that alone isn't enough to disregard everything that cock breathed shit for brains ever posts I don't know what does :flush: 

What a brain dead queen you are :lol:

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

You poor dumb senile motherfucking piece of fuck.....just die already 

What sucks is this is only going to cost the average Joe more, the cost increases that we are seeing in copper and steel commodity goods is going through the roof, who do you think is going to absorb the increase in costs?

Opinion: Think nothing is made in America? Output has doubled in three decades

Published: Mar 28, 2016 3:50 p.m. ET

he U.S. manufacturing sector doesn’t get any respect.

Ask a random sample of people on the street and you’re likely to hear that America doesn’t make anything anymore, that China, Mexico and Vietnam took all of our factories, and that the only jobs left in America are flipping burgers and cleaning hotel rooms.

“Throughout history, at the center of any thriving country has been a thriving manufacturing sector,” says presidential candidate Donald Trump. “But under decades of failed leadership, the United States has gone from being the globe’s manufacturing powerhouse — the envy of the world — through a rapid deindustrialization.”

Also read: The one thing Donald Trump gets right

As with all myths, there’s some element of truth in what everyone says.

The number of jobs in the manufacturing sector has declined by about 5 million since 2000, falling from 17.3 million at the turn of the century to 12.3 million in 2015.

During World War II, when America was the Arsenal of Democracy, manufacturing provided more than a third of civilian jobs in the U.S., but that share has declined to only 8.7% in 2015. Only one of every 11 jobs is in a factory. Retail, health care, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality services now employ more workers than manufacturing does.

The decline in manufacturing jobs certainly makes it seem as if America has been deindustrialized, but it’s not so. America still makes lots of stuff, but the number of jobs has shrunk because it doesn’t take nearly as many workers as it used to.

Here are four surprising facts about American manufacturing you may not know.

Surprising Fact No. 1: Manufacturing is the largest and most dynamic sector of the U.S. economy.

China became the leading manufacturing economy in the world in 2010, but the United States maintains a strong second-place standing. The value added by U.S. factories is more than $2 trillion a year, equal to the next three countries (Japan, Germany and South Korea) combined. U.S. manufacturing is still the envy of the world.

Gross output of U.S. manufacturing industries — counting products produced for final use as well as those used as intermediate inputs — totaled $6.2 trillion in 2015, about 36% of U.S. gross domestic product, nearly double the output of any of the other big sectors: professional and business services, government and real estate.

Manufacturing is at the center of the economy; it’s highly connected with most other sectors, such as transportation, retail, mining, utilities and business services.

Manufacturing companies also account for about 77% of what the private sector spends on research and development each year. If it weren’t for manufacturing, there would be very little innovation in the United States.

Surprising Fact No. 2: Manufacturing output is a near a record high.

Technology and new ways of organizing work have revolutionized the American factory since the Golden Age of the 1980s. Today, U.S. factories produce twice as much stuff as they did in 1984, but with one-third fewer workers.

Total production of U.S. factories peaked in 2007 before falling by 18% during the Great Recession, according to the Federal Reserve’s industrial production report, which measures the volume of goods produced rather than the market value of those goods. The manufacturing sector has nearly recovered from the recession; output in 2015 was within 3% of the 2007 level.

But factory output has now stalled, with a strong dollar boosting demand for foreign-made goods at the expense of things made in the USA. It may take a few more years of growth to beat that record.

The output of durable goods was at an all-time high in 2015, more than triple what it was in 1980 and double what it was 20 years earlier. The production of electronics, aerospace goods, motor vehicles and machinery are at or close to all-time highs.

On the other hand, the production of nondurable goods is still down 7% from the peak. The output of the food and petroleum industries are at record highs, but the output of the chemicals, paper and printing industries are all off significantly from the pre-recession peak.

And, of course, other industries have nearly disappeared. The output of the apparel industries is down more than 80% since the heydays in the 1980s, while the output of textile mills is down about 50% since 2000. Those are the factories and jobs that are really gone for good.

Surprising Fact No. 3: Refined oil is America’s top manufactured good.

Most Americans use something every day that’s made in America without ever thinking about where it’s made: gasoline.

The crude oil may come from Canada, Saudi Arabia or North Dakota, but it’s refined right here in America.

Refined petroleum products — such as gasoline, fuel oil, jet fuel and liquefied refinery gases — are America’s top manufactured product, with a value of shipments going out the factory door of nearly $700 billion in 2014, more than four times as much as the No. 2 product: light trucks.

America’s other top manufactured products are pharmaceuticals, airplanes and automobiles. Rounding out the top 10 are iron and steel, animal slaughtering, plastics, organic chemicals and petrochemicals.

Surprising Fact No. 4: America also exports a lot of gasoline.

Despite what the haters say, the U.S. exports a lot of manufactured goods: $1.3 trillion worth in 2015. Last year, the leading exported manufactured good was civilian airplanes worth $63 billion, followed by auto parts ($58 billion), pharmaceuticals ($55 billion), autos ($55 billion), and gasoline, diesel and other refined oil distillates ($46 billion).

Other top exports include semiconductors, telecommunications equipment, medical equipment, plastics and airplane engines.

In 2014, before the price of gasoline tumbled along with the price of crude oil, refined oil was America’s biggest exported good, worth $62 billion.

Conclusion

American manufacturing isn’t dead by any means. But the loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs has devastated the working class, and made reaching the American dream more difficult. Technological advancements and the rise of low-skilled manufacturing in China and other developing nations mean that fewer Americans work in factories, just as technological advancements 100 years ago meant that fewer Americans worked on farms.

Most Americans now work in service-producing industries, where inequalities in opportunities, skills and incomes are more apparent. Recreating an economy that provides equitable growth won’t be easy, especially if we pine for the good old days when a third of us worked at the factory.

Those days are gone for good, even if U.S. factories still churn out lots of items that are Made in the USA.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-manufacturing-dead-output-has-doubled-in-three-decades-2016-03-28

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What sucks is this is only going to cost the average Joe more, the cost increases that we are seeing in copper and steel commodity goods is going through the roof, who do you think is going to absorb the increase in costs?

Bullshit......fear mongering. We will see almost no increase in price. The tariffs will be nothing we will notice as end consumers. They will bring back jobs though and the economy will be rocking along by more than double the GDP it ever did under the Obama regime

26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What a brain dead queen you are :lol:

This only proves that Trump is a salt of the Earth kind of guy.  He is putting tariffs on Chinese good which will end up driving costs up for all the Chinese shit his Sons are selling. 

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit......fear mongering. We will see almost no increase in price. The tariffs will be nothing we will notice as end consumers. They will bring back jobs though and the economy will be rocking along by more than double the GDP it ever did under the Obama regime

Listen, I purchase millions of dollars steel and copper products and the prices have been and are going up, now if you don't think that I'm passing those costs on you need to get your head examined. 

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Listen, I purchase millions of dollars steel and copper products and the prices have been and are going up, now if you don't think that I'm passing those costs on you need to get your head examined. 

So has the price of 2x4.....what's that got to do with tariffs

Listened to CSPAN last night about Chinese steel being branded as other sources and being shipped through other countries to avoid identification like you were saying.

Fuck them guys

21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Talking to our venders about this. With a lot of the product still coming from Canada, the price shouldn’t jump that high. China is the reason for the spike a few years ago. They drove the scrap prices through the roof. 

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

Listened to CSPAN last night about Chinese steel being branded as other sources and being shipped through other countries to avoid identification like you were saying.

Fuck them guys

That's not really anything new .

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

Fuck them guys

Yah....it is quite pervasive and totally illegal. Idiots like RR think that only 2.9% of our steel imports are chinese though :lol: 

China violates almost every law and trade agreement on a daily basis AND tariffs our exports. Time to put a stop to that shit. The idea that we need to keep getting fucked because it's going to cost consumers a couple more bucks is jibberish. Fear mongering and fucking extortion. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

China violates almost every law and trade agreement on a daily basis AND tariffs our exports. Time to put a stop to that shit. The idea that we need to keep getting fucked because it's going to cost consumers a couple more bucks is jibberish. Fear mongering and fucking extortion. 

100% correct

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....it is quite pervasive and totally illegal. Idiots like RR think that only 2.9% of our steel imports are chinese though :lol: 

Jack Welch was CEO of a rather large corporation. He fired North American workers and built factories in China. Effectively handing over years of manufacturing know how and technology to the Chinese in order to save a few bucks on every appliance manufactured. I'm pretty sure the Democrats were protectionists at the time but Republicans argued that people like Welch were doing their jobs by maximizing shareholder returns.  The workers would just have to adapt. 

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Jack Welch was CEO of a rather large corporation. He fired North American workers and built factories in China. Effectively handing over years of manufacturing know how and technology to the Chinese in order to save a few bucks on every appliance manufactured. I'm pretty sure the Democrats were protectionists at the time but Republicans argued that people like Welch were doing their jobs by maximizing shareholder returns.  The workers would just have to adapt. 

Well hopefully someone slits that guys throat. Modern Dems like Obama would support his actions 100% and obviously Republicans dont give a fuck. Trump is the only guy talking about and taking action on the issue that benefits the american citizen 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

But since you’ve admittedly gained so much on tax breaks, I’m sure it just equaled out...correct?  Or didn’t you pass those savings down to your customers and give your employees a nice bonus?  No? Awwww.....good lib!  Now you’re gonna break some shit off in your customers ass and I’m sure hit your employees and blame Trump for it.  AMIRITE?  Yes, I am.

Oh, and BTW, so is Ben.  You are wrong.  AGAIN!

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But since you’ve admittedly gained so much on tax breaks, I’m sure it just equaled out...correct?  Or didn’t you pass those savings down to your customers and give your employees a nice bonus?  No? Awwww.....good lib!  Now you’re gonna break some shit off in your customers ass and I’m sure hit your employees and blame Trump for it.  AMIRITE?  Yes, I am.

Oh, and BTW, so is Ben.  You are wrong.  AGAIN!

Wow! You are fucking stupid. 

Find someone that understand accounting and taxes, show them what you just wrote. 

I don’t think they’ll be able to make you understand how stupid you are.  I just think they’ll get a laugh out of it. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Wow! You are fucking stupid. 

Find someone that understand accounting and taxes, show them what you just wrote. 

I don’t think they’ll be able to make you understand how stupid you are.  I just think they’ll get a laugh out of it. 

I understand them.  SBYL.  Keep on grinding away at Daddy’s business sonny!

Hey, at least you don’t have to wipe up waffle pole syrup after breakfast to get your desk back to sell lightbulbs.

”THANKS DAD!!!” :lol:

Get fucked pissant. :lmao: