Happy anniversary

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Good idea. I buy you a ticket to spirit mountain for the weekend..........

Do you ski? Cause SnoX is too gay for me

Edited by f7ben

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ours was not physically hurt at all. The mice made one entry point and came and went through that one small spot. They just stored their food in it. They didnt even get a chance to eat the food yet before we picked up the motorhome in December. 

Im not sure exactly how toy haulers or other motorhomes are built but Winnebago provides access hatches to everything. I can remove panels and get to every plumbing, electrical and mechanical thing on the coach.  I removed every panel and harch cover and inspected everything even using my iPhone borescope to look into areas I couldn't directly see. There was no damage to wiring or anything physically. Just small acorns and nuts in the drawers and cubby holes. Surprisingly there were almost no a orns found below the carpet level. They didnt store even a single nut in the basement or in the heating/AC duct work. 

You know Tom i didnt look to see what they did....there was mouse poop everywhere that you could see....i phoned our insurance place and dropped it off there to be inspected....got a call a few days later it was written off....was fine by me.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I ski, snowboard and race Snox. Duluth would be a trifecta for me. 

You are such a stud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You know Tom i didnt look to see what they did....there was mouse poop everywhere that you could see....i phoned our insurance place and dropped it off there to be inspected....got a call a few days later it was written off....was fine by me.

When do you pick up the new RV?  Have you figured out how to keep the critters out. I can tell you what doesnt work. Those peppermint oil fragrence pouches that guarentee to keep rodents away without killing them. Those dont work for shit at all.  I place 2 cases of those pouches inside and outside our coach.  At least 4 times the recomended amount for our square footage. The freaking Illinois mice ate right theough one pouch to get inside. They stored their nuts in the same drawers where pouches were. 

Those dont work at all. 

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

When do you pick up the new RV?  Have you figured out how to keep the critters out. I can tell you what doesnt work. Those peppermint oil fragrence pouches that guarentee to keep rodents away without killing them. Those dont work for shit at all.  I place 2 cases of those pouches inside and outside our coach.  At least 4 times the recomended amount for our square footage. The freaking Illinois mice ate right theough one pouch to get inside. They stored their nuts in the same drawers where pouches were. 

Those dont work at all. 

I can keep it at the place i bought it from for 6 months for free and they insure it..but will get it here when i bring them the toyhauler which wont be for a mnth or so i think....we got alot still and its rock hard....im gonna keep it at the same place I have the toyhauler at...no mice there....only thing is cant get it when the snow starts to pile up. Im debating bringing it to my friends that i was telling you about in havasau in oct.

Its crazy what those little buggers do. :lol:

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I can keep it at the place i bought it from for 6 months for free and they insure it..but will get it here when i bring them the toyhauler which wont be for a mnth or so i think....we got alot still and its rock hard....im gonna keep it at the same place I have the toyhauler at...no mice there....only thing is cant get it when the snow starts to pile up. Im debating bringing it to my friends that i was telling you about in havasau in oct.

Its crazy what those little buggers do. :lol:

There are fully enclosed storage units in Havasu for $225-$250 per month. 14’ wide 45’ long. Private units with ac power. Rv dump stations on site plus bathroom and showers. Gates with security. If Havasu wasnt so far from an airport we wild be putting our motorhome there. 

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks Dave. We are definitely having a blast. I have done more and seen more in the last 18 months than I had in all the 55 years prior combined. It has literally been non stop.  We will put the motorhome in storage next week and fly home for spring. I’m looking forward to actually being home for a couple of months. 

As I get older i realize how limited our time on earth is. Days, weeks and months pass so fast. My mom passed away suddenly in November. My dad passed away a month later but he was on borrowed time and wanted to go once we lost mom unexpectedly. A very close friend, one year younger than me, was diagnosed with a form of Mad Cow disease in February. They gave him 90 days to live. I went back to AK last week to see him. No way he makes it more than 60 days. Its so incredible to watch.

Im enjoying every day like it might be my last day on earth.   Retirement couldn’t be any better for me. 

You have the right attitude my friend. God bless. :bc:

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

There are fully enclosed storage units in Havasu for $225-$250 per month. 14’ wide 45’ long. Private units with ac power. Rv dump stations on site plus bathroom and showers. Gates with security. If Havasu wasnt so far from an airport we wild be putting our motorhome there. 

Ya ill just leave it on his lot...good enough....its not stupid hot in oct anyway....a lot depends to if i get a new truck in the fall or not. Lol

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya ill just leave it on his lot...good enough....its not stupid hot in oct anyway....a lot depends to if i get a new truck in the fall or not. Lol

If?  What is this If shit.  You can't pull that beautiful new RV with an old beater.  You will get laughed out of the country.  

A new 5er requires a brand new truck to pull it.  It's in the rules.  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If?  What is this If shit.  You can't pull that beautiful new RV with an old beater.  You will get laughed out of the country.  

A new 5er requires a brand new truck to pull it.  It's in the rules.  

Ive never been one to care what people think....they can laugh all they want. :lol: