Happy anniversary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was all for the control of the oil (kinda control), how come it didn't pay off for big oil?

Old Evil Haliburton (HAL), had you invested $10k with them on 10/2001, you would have $53k today, 10.67% annualized growth.

Then for sure Chevron...$10k now $48k, 10.05% annualized growth.  Not much better...lets compare.

Apple - your $10k now worth $1.7Million, 37% annualized growth.

CAT - $107K, 15.53% annualized 

MMM - $71k, 12.72%

MSFT - $54k, 10.82

KO - 26k, 7.4%

HD - 40k, 10.86% annualized growth.

So if you were a powerful Executive getting enriched by controlling the oil in Iraq..well you'd have been off working for just about any other DOW component company or tech company.  I guess I've just never really seen where the rubber meets the road on this.

4 minutes ago, F3600 said:

If it was all for the control of the oil (kinda control), how come it didn't pay off for big oil?

Old Evil Haliburton (HAL), had you invested $10k with them on 10/2001, you would have $53k today, 10.67% annualized growth.

Then for sure Chevron...$10k now $48k, 10.05% annualized growth.  Not much better...lets compare.

Apple - your $10k now worth $1.7Million, 37% annualized growth.

CAT - $107K, 15.53% annualized 

MMM - $71k, 12.72%

MSFT - $54k, 10.82

KO - 26k, 7.4%

HD - 40k, 10.86% annualized growth.

So if you were a powerful Executive getting enriched by controlling the oil in Iraq..well you'd have been off working for just about any other DOW component company or tech company.  I guess I've just never really seen where the rubber meets the road on this.

Think further in the future when oil starts to rise in price and there is less of it in the ground......maybe 40 years from now