John Brennan, a Former C.I.A. Director, Suggests Russia ‘May Have Something’ on President Trump

John Brennan, a Former C.I.A. Director, Suggests Russia ‘May Have Something’ on President Trump

By EILEEN SULLIVANMARCH 21, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump indirectly criticized Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, on Wednesday for the ongoing investigation into Russia’s 2016 campaign meddling, even as a former C.I.A. director said during a morning news show that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia may have compromising information on Mr. Trump.

After a weekend of attacking Mr. Mueller — against the advice of his own lawyers — Mr. Trump picked up again in early morning tweets when he said he was quoting a former Harvard professor stating that Mr. Mueller should never have been appointed to be the special counsel to investigate Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. That investigation has expanded into inquiries into Mr. Trump’s aides and his own business dealings.

“I was opposed to the selection of Mueller to be Special Council,” Mr. Trump attributed in a Twitter post to a professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, Alan M. Dershowitz.

It was not immediately clear on Wednesday which remarks of Mr. Dershowitz’s the president was quoting. An interview with Mr. Dershowitz on Fox News on Tuesday and an opinion piece by Mr. Dershowitz published on Wednesday did not include the exact phrasing that Mr. Trump used in his tweets. And the language was not found in a search of Mr. Dershowitz’s cable news appearances over the past week.

Separately, on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” John O. Brennan, a former C.I.A. director, speculated that the Russians “may have something on him personally,” referring to Mr. Trump.

Mr. Brennan was the C.I.A. director when a salacious dossier surfaced in 2016 that claimed the Russians had compromising information on Mr. Trump. There has been no proof that such material exists, but Mr. Trump’s affection for the Russian leader has raised questions about the nature of their relationship.
On Tuesday, Mr. Trump congratulated Mr. Putin on his re-election and made no mention of the election meddling. Mr. Trump has routinely issued statements about Russia and Mr. Putin that sound at odds with his own advisers and administration actions.

“I think he’s afraid of the president of Russia,” said Mr. Brennan, now retired from government service and a critic of Mr. Trump.

On Saturday, Mr. Brennan attacked Mr. Trump on Twitter after the president tweetedabout his excitement over the firing of the deputy director of the F.B.I., Andrew G. McCabe.

“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history,” Mr. Brennan wrote.

For months, Mr. Trump personally attacked Mr. McCabe, a 21-year veteran of the F.B.I. and former deputy director. Mr. McCabe briefly served in the top role after Mr. Trump fired James B. Comey, the president’s first F.B.I. director. Mr. McCabe was fired on the eve of his retirement, which puts his government pension in jeopardy. After the firing, it was disclosed that Mr. McCabe kept memos on Mr. Trump, which Mr. Mueller’s investigators can. Mr. Mueller has accused 13 Russians and three companies of election meddling. Three of Mr. Trump’s former associates have pleaded guilty as part of the ongoing inquiry. Last week, the special counsel issued subpoenas for the Trump organization, seeking documents including some related to Russia.

Mr. Trump has consistently called the investigation into Russia’s meddling a “hoax.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/politics/trump-mueller-russia.html

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, racer254 said:

My god, you really just slop up anything spoon fed to you.  As long as it has the words "Russia" and "trump"

LOL.  This is the big one.

Show the class how you criticize Dump.....:news:

:lmao: 

Brennan voted communist and supported the US communist party and Barry appoints the fuck commie POS to one of the most sensitive intelligence positions there is :lol: only the leftards would think this is OK 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"I think"   "May have."

Got to love today's news.  

Yesterday the headline on CNN was “mueller has trump cornered!” :lol: 

Sources say!

46 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Show the class how you criticize Dump.....:news:

:lmao: 

Search through the forum.  I will criticize when needed, and btw, you need to figure out the difference between criticizing and lying. 

42 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Brennan voted communist and supported the US communist party and Barry appoints the fuck commie POS to one of the most sensitive intelligence positions there is :lol: only the leftards would think this is OK 

Oh wow, did he pass classified intel to the Russians in the Oval Office?

:dunno:

24 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh wow, did he pass classified intel to the Russians in the Oval Office?

:dunno:

Probably :dunno: fucking commie plant  :flush: 

Edited by Momorider

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Oh that’s right. You’re an independent. Kooky, but and independent. 

I'm not independent. I'm a conservative. When Trump acts like a conservative I applaud it. When he talks about spending money we don't have or placing tariffs denounce him. I used to be a partisan hack job like the vast majority of the members on this site. Blindly supporting people like Bush and Mitch McConnell. Those days were don't about shortly after we invaded Iraq under Bush Jr.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not only did they spy on congress but also the Press and basically got a pass for it.  :lol:  

Obama administration spying included press, allies, Americans

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/04/obama-administration-spying-included-press-allies-americans.html

1. Fox News reporter James Rosen

In 2013 the news broke that Eric Holder’s Justice Department had spied on James Rosen. Obama’s DOJ collected Rosen’s telephone records as well as tracked his movements to and from the State Department from where he reported. Rosen was named as a possible co-conspirator in a Justice Department affidavit. Rosen claims that his parents phone line was also swept up in the collection of his records and DOJ records seem to confirm that. Despite the targeting of Rosen, there were no brave calls to boycott the White House Correspondents Dinner.

2. Senate Intelligence Committee and the CIA

CIA officers penetrated a network used to share information by Senate Intel committee members, including Sen. Diane Feinstein, the committee’s Democrat chair. The bombshell New York Times report went on to disclose:

The C.I.A. officials penetrated the computer network when they came to suspect that the committee’s staff had gained unauthorized access to an internal C.I.A. review of the detention program that the spy agency never intended to give to Congress. A C.I.A. lawyer then referred the agency’s suspicions to the Justice Department to determine whether the committee staff broke the law when it obtained that document. The inspector general report said that there was no “factual basis” for this referral, which the Justice Department has declined to investigate, because the lawyer had been provided inaccurate information. The report said that the three information technology officers “demonstrated a lack of candor about their activities” during interviews with the inspector general.

The Obama White House defended CIA director John Brennan’s actions and response. Imagine that.

3. Associated Press Phone Records

Much like James Rosen and his shady al Qaeda looking parents, Obama’s  Justice Department secretly obtained months of phone records belonging to AP journalists while investigating a failed terror attack. And much like the Rosen spying, this was personally approved by Attorney General Holder.

Mass surveillance and expansion of such under the Patriot Act is one of the most historically prevalent things about the Obama administration. There’s even a Wikipedia page dedicated to that alone. So why do the media and former administration officials act shocked and surprised when someone points the finger in their direction and asks if targeting an incoming President is possible?

There is a long, decorated history of questionable—even unconstitutional—surveillance from the Obama administration none of which proves Trump’s twitter ravings to be true. But it certainly is enough to raise suspicions among Trump’s supporters and even some of this critics that he could be perfectly correct.