Performance tire thread.

Well I will be needing tires for this summer and I am stuck on two options. I posted this next door  but hoping because there are a lot more people over here that one of you guys will have had some first hand experience. One of the main reasons that I am down to these two is that they are both available from my Costco and both a very decent price I think. Both are also available in the size that I need. 205/50r16

BridgestonePotenza re - 71R $136.99 EA. Plus a $70 rebate if bought before April 15

BFGoodrich G-Force sport comp-2 $157.99 EA.

bs_potre71r_ci2_l.jpg

Comp2_Rt1Q_16i_Costco.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Well I will be needing tires for this summer and I am stuck on two options. I posted this next door  but hoping because there are a lot more people over here that one of you guys will have had some first hand experience. One of the main reasons that I am down to these two is that they are both available from my Costco and both a very decent price I think. Both are also available in the size that I need. 205/50r16

BridgestonePotenza re - 71R $136.99 EA. Plus a $70 rebate if bought before April 15

BFGoodrich G-Force sport comp-2 $157.99 EA.

bs_potre71r_ci2_l.jpg

Comp2_Rt1Q_16i_Costco.jpg

Neither are Z rated. Not "performance" tires. Bfg makes an excellent off-road tire, but Bridgestone blizzaks are hands down the snow tire to have. What are they going on?

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Neither are Z rated. Not "performance" tires. Bfg makes an excellent off-road tire, but Bridgestone blizzaks are hands down the snow tire to have. What are they going on?

I have blizzak ws80's and I would have to agree. They are going on my 1997 WRX. I have Potenza re-11A's on there right now but Bridgestone discontinued that model and now only offer the re-11 but unfortunately not in my size

Screenshot_2018-03-20-18-15-26.png

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I wouldn't put Bridgestone tires on a fucking laundry cart , complete , utter garbage

I have had 2 different sets of Bridgestones under my car and loved both. 

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Go with the cheaper of the two. Both are great tires, and you won't be pushing any limits as far as performance. Just my 2C.

Your absolutely right. I won't be driving my car hard enough to worry about exceeding the limit. I was leaning to the 71's already but you don't know until you ask.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Blizzaks on the X5.

Thing goes anywhere.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Blizzaks on the X5.

Thing goes anywhere.

I did a winter rally. It was way more legit rally than I was expecting. My WRX with blizzaks blew my mind with what it was going through. 2 feet of snow up a large hill with a hair pin, non-issue. Just unreal

FB_IMG_1521592433818.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I did a winter rally. It was way more legit rally than I was expecting. My WRX with blizzaks blew my mind with what it was going through. 2 feet of snow up a large hill with a hair pin, non-issue. Just unreal

FB_IMG_1521592433818.jpg

I absolutely love my Subaru, and my Jeep. Both companies have the awd/4x4 system locked up. Best on the market! 

1 hour ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

You are correct. I've found in my experience, they wear quickly and weird, similar to Pirellis. Excellent tires, lots of grip, not so much longevity.

My Ford 500 came with pirellis, awesome tire but I put hankooks on for replacements and couldn't be happier. 18 inch tire and didn't want to break the bank!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got them installed on Friday. $655 cad installed with free lifetime repairs. Now just have to wait for the cold and snow to fuck off lol.

20180330_125311.jpg

20180330_125322.jpg