Just for clarification...

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So non mass shootings on school campuses are irrelevant? Im not suggesting we change anything. Kill em all!

No but mass shootings drive the anti gun narrative.   You know that as well as I do.   I don't hear liberal groups EVER reference all the young black men dying in Chicago or other US cities when it comes to gun control.   I don't see school walkouts for those kids either.  Outrage only happens after the mass shootings and they like to use false statistics to bolster that narrative.   

Edited by Highmark

51 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well perhaps by facing the reality that the media plays a part, all the violence, all the glorification, all the copycats stuck in some miserable existence looking for their 15 minutes of fame.   Why are we publicizing their name and faces 24/7 after they commit their acts.  Keep them nameless and faceless.  Then we can face the reality that almost all these kids came from single parent households, are on some of psychotropic drugs, and probably gave off plenty of warning signs that were all ignored.  Then we can explore why the medical community won't share patient data of these types with law enforcement that could have identified these at risk types well before they snap.   I do know that the NRA isn't the problem, but you'd never know that reading/watching the news.

I agree, except: something about HIPAA...

That's just another gateway for one of these "experts" to make a claim that "anyone with a terminal illness can't own firearms because statistically they are more apt to blow their fucking brains out". The rest is good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No but mass shootings drive the anti gun narrative.   You know that as well as I do.   I don't hear liberal groups EVER reference all the young black men dying in Chicago or other US cities when it comes to gun control.   I don't see school walkouts for those kids either.  Outrage only happens after the mass shootings and they like to use false statistics to bolster that narrative.   

You dont hear it because you dont live with it, its a daily narrative around here. And they actually try to do stuff about it. Schools are relatively safe in Chicago, there are cops or at least security at every school. But the shootings in Chicago almost exclusively involve drug sales. Hence why I have said our military should focus on cartels in Mexico instead of muslims 10,000 miles away. 

On the second bold, also you dont see walk outs but there are neighborhood marches pretty regularly. And you dont see it where you live but it is a regular news event here. People are fed up with it. Its not until suburban white kids get shot until you see it on a national scale. Because in Chicago its mostly isolated in the brown neighborhoods where most white people stay away from anyway. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Starts a topic with "Just for Clarification"    Then twists facts and tells lies. Good work Trumpster. 

Feel free to point out the lies, asshat.

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

There has been 290 shootings on school campuses since Sandy Hook. How do you suppose the FBI should handle this? 

That's a bit disingenuous. Straight from cnn... How many of those were drug deals gone bad? Ban drugs..

Maybe the fbi should start by doing it's fucking job??? Before we give up our constitutional rights?

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Feel free to point out the lies, asshat.

That's a bit disingenuous. Straight from cnn... How many of those were drug deals gone bad? Ban drugs..

Maybe the fbi should start by doing it's fucking job??? Before we give up our constitutional rights?

Well if the FBI is going to preemptively stop gun violence you dont think a violation of our rights needs to occur? Or just the 2nd amendment right needs to be protected? 

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You dont hear it because you dont live with it, its a daily narrative around here. And they actually try to do stuff about it. Schools are relatively safe in Chicago, there are cops or at least security at every school. But the shootings in Chicago almost exclusively involve drug sales. Hence why I have said our military should focus on cartels in Mexico instead of muslims 10,000 miles away. 

On the second bold, also you dont see walk outs but there are neighborhood marches pretty regularly. And you dont see it where you live but it is a regular news event here. People are fed up with it. Its not until suburban white kids get shot until you see it on a national scale. Because in Chicago its mostly isolated in the brown neighborhoods where most white people stay away from anyway. 

I'm sure its discussed locally but its not nationally.   Not by the pro gun control crowd as a reason for gun laws.   Not 1/100th that the actual mass school shootings get.

Couldn't agree more on the bold.   Grow them here and sell them thru controlled programs or put more effort into stopping heroin and meth from coming across the border.   Tell Mexico if they are not going to we are.   Air Force and if needed ground troops.   It is a issue of national security.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm sure its discussed locally but its not nationally.   Not by the pro gun control crowd as a reason for gun laws.   Not 1/100th that the actual mass school shootings get.

Couldn't agree more on the bold.   Grow them here and sell them thru controlled programs or put more effort into stopping heroin and meth from coming across the border.   Tell Mexico if they are not going to we are.   Air Force and if needed ground troops.   It is a issue of national security.  

Thats funny because whenever you or anyone on cable news wants to discredit more gun laws they/you always bring up chicago.

Fact is our govt knows where all of the drugs are coming from, if they wanted to stop it they could. But they dont. Why is that? I just watched a History channel series about kingpins. One of them was about El Chappo. But there was actually 3 drug lords in Mexico. The smartest of which was a guy names Fuentes. He was probably one of the richest men in the world. The Mexican govt made it their goal to take him down. When he narrowly escaped capture he called the president of Mexico himself and said if you dont want me taking all of my money out of Mexico you better back the fuck off. And guess what, they did. The largest industry in Mexico is the oil industry, about $7 billion annually. Fuentes cocaine empire alone was worth $30 billion annually. Now how many legit corporations and banks does it take to move and hide that kind of money? 

12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well if the FBI is going to preemptively stop gun violence you dont think a violation of our rights needs to occur? Or just the 2nd amendment right needs to be protected? 

If they get multiple tips from multiple credible sources they might just want to start there. 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Thats funny because whenever you or anyone on cable news wants to discredit more gun laws they/you always bring up chicago.

Fact is our govt knows where all of the drugs are coming from, if they wanted to stop it they could. But they dont. Why is that? I just watched a History channel series about kingpins. One of them was about El Chappo. But there was actually 3 drug lords in Mexico. The smartest of which was a guy names Fuentes. He was probably one of the richest men in the world. The Mexican govt made it their goal to take him down. When he narrowly escaped capture he called the president of Mexico himself and said if you dont want me taking all of my money out of Mexico you better back the fuck off. And guess what, they did. The largest industry in Mexico is the oil industry, about $7 billion annually. Fuentes cocaine empire alone was worth $30 billion annually. Now how many legit corporations and banks does it take to move and hide that kind of money? 

They bring it up because the left never does.   That's the point.

Mexican govt is an issue.   The cartels control much more than just the drug flow.  They are involved in illegal immigration as well.   Its laughable to think the prototype walls wouldn't make a difference with both.  But some have to have their cheap labor.  "clears throat."  

I wish Trump would sit down with the Mexican govt and simply be clear.   We are taking out the cartels, you can help us or not.   

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They bring it up because the left never does.   That's the point.

Mexican govt is an issue.   The cartels control much more than just the drug flow.  They are involved in illegal immigration as well.   Its laughable to think the prototype walls wouldn't make a difference with both.  But some have to have their cheap labor.  "clears throat."  

I wish Trump would sit down with the Mexican govt and simply be clear.   We are taking out the cartels, you can help us or not.   

Trump doesnt need to ask permission for that. Trump nor Obama nor Bush sat down with Assad or Khadafi or leaders of Yemen or anywhere else before we intervened. When El Pedrino killed a DEA agent the US feds came in and took Pedrino out without consent from the Mexican govt. Cartels own the govt and they are unloading poison upon our citizenry. If a muslim terror group did that we would outraged. But terrorist organizations on our southern border continually do it and also threaten, kill and torture US/mexican law enforcement, legislators, journalists and whomever gets in their way. And most likely are using legit US corps and banks to help facilitate this. Yet the US media, Fox news included, never mention this. They are all over Muslim extremists but never once mention the source of most domestic gun violence. Muslim extremism accounts for dozens of deaths in the United States while gang violence over drugs accounts for tens of thousands. And cartel violence threatens our sovereignty more than any other current threats.

We can ban muslims but we cant ban or even restrict gun/ ammo sales that eventually gets used by criminals. And we do nothing, absolutely nothing about cartel violence and the root cause of most gang violence. Build a wall? Pfft, Chapo was famous for his tunnels, he has submarines, planes, rail and legit companies who are shipping drugs to shipping hubs like Chicago, LA, New York, etc... Do you really think tens of billions of dollars in drugs and cash are being hustled across the border by illegals?  

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Trump doesnt need to ask permission for that. Trump nor Obama nor Bush sat down with Assad or Khadafi or leaders of Yemen or anywhere else before we intervened. When El Pedrino killed a DEA agent the US feds came in and took Pedrino out without consent from the Mexican govt. Cartels own the govt and they are unloading poison upon our citizenry. If a muslim terror group did that we would outraged. But terrorist organizations on our southern border continually do it and also threaten, kill and torture US/mexican law enforcement, legislators, journalists and whomever gets in their way. And most likely are using legit US corps and banks to help facilitate this. Yet the US media, Fox news included, never mention this. They are all over Muslim extremists but never once mention the source of most domestic gun violence. Muslim extremism accounts for dozens of deaths in the United States while gang violence over drugs accounts for tens of thousands. And cartel violence threatens our sovereignty more than any other current threats.

We can ban muslims but we cant ban or even restrict gun/ ammo sales that eventually gets used by criminals. And we do nothing, absolutely nothing about cartel violence and the root cause of most gang violence. Build a wall? Pfft, Chapo was famous for his tunnels, he has submarines, planes, rail and legit companies who are shipping drugs to shipping hubs like Chicago, LA, New York, etc... Do you really think tens of billions of dollars in drugs and cash are being hustled across the border by illegals?  

Estimates are around 20% or more not to mention the impacts of illegals and how the cartels make them pay.   Yes enough of them are gang members or become gang members.   Has to be a multi-directional effort.   Not just the drugs but the gangs coming in as well.  I can post article after article on where walls/fences have worked even in the US but you will just shrug it off anyway.   

First paragraph I agree with for the most part but I do think we need control over who is coming in from ANY countries.   Its more to do with we don't know who they are and cannot trust the countries of origin of knowing either.   Maybe not recently but lets not totally forget who perpetrated the largest single murder event in the history of our country.  The cartels as violent as they are do not have a goal of the destruction of America.   Yeah I know that's extreme thought but do you think for a second radical islamic extremists wouldn't' set off a WMD in NYC or DC given the chance?   Cartels wouldn't.    The cartels don't want the American govt as enemies.   It hurt them in the cocaine trade in the 80's when the fed govt finally got involved.   

Edited by Highmark

18 hours ago, JEFF said:

Ok so I'm thinking to myself all these liberal folk want the government to take our AR15's and other scary guns from us in the wake of recent school shootings that could have been prevented if current laws were followed. The FBI dropped the ball, the local police dropped the ball, the school resource officer dropped the ball, ect.... We will never know all of the details of the complete and utter failure of our government on all levels in the parkland shootings.    The "liberals" wanted gun control before the FBI dropped the ball at this latest shooting. This comment isn't clarifying, it is cherry picking one shooting to make a point.  Did they drop the ball in Sandy hook, in Vegas, Columbine? How many school shootings should the FBI done something about ahead of time? What pre-emptive actions in the 100's of other shootings could they have taken that the NRA would have supported?

These same liberals are foaming at the mouth trying to get our president ousted by any means necessary. They absolutely hate him. Like hate this country hasn't seen towards their president in a VERY long time, if ever.  Calling him every name in the book, racist, misogynist, even comparing him to Hitler. The list goes on and on. Pure hatred.    Every means necessary? Did they set Trump up or are is investigating someone who admits to sexual assault, having ties to Russia, is suspected of breaking campaign finance laws now and issue? How many Trumpsters wanted Obama dead? How many times did the right wing news talk about impeaching Obama.   Are you saying that Trump isn't a racist and misogynist? Are you saying that his comparisons to hitler are not warranted?  His campaign speeches were compared to Hitlers because they were very similar. He call Nazi's good people. You really think that doesn't warrant a comparison with Hitler?

These very same liberals also hate Russia. It's a newfound hatred as things were hunky dory with Russia when the last administration was in charge. They even had a nifty little reset button for Russia. But that all changed when Trump became president. Weird, I know. But now the Russians are trying to destroy our country by placing clickbait ads on facebook. (owned by an uber liberal) And by many other chanels as well according to the leftist in this country. Scary shit for sure. Now the fact that Trump is "pals" with Putin is causing untold fear and anxiety amongst our liberal contingent of this country, and whom are looking for ways to control this situation with Russia and their "puppet" Trump in our whitehouse. 

Are you aware that Obama put sanctions on Russia? Where was the love affair with Russia? If you want to talk about what has changed, how about the right wing losing their shit when Obama said he would be more free to deal with Russia after the election? The right lost their shit about him telling the truth.  If he was seen to be dealing with Russia in any way the right wing would have lost their minds. Now it's Trump in power, they ignore his close ties to Russia, his possible vulnerabilities because of his finances. You refuse to believe he has ties to Russia even after his son admits it.

Which brings me back to the gun thing... You really want this "illegitimate president"  who won the presidency on the back of Russia, whom is doing Russia's bidding for them at their will according to liberals in America. The same president that is in Putins back pocket. The same president you compare to Hitler. You want him to take your guns from you? Is this the argument your making?

Why not?  Breitbart and Fox had you believing that a Nigerian born secret Muslim terrorist was going to enact Sharia law. They had you buying guns at a record rate.  Yet you didn't do a fucking thing about it? Before that, Bush and Cheney lied to get you to enter into a war with Iraq. You didn't do a fucking thing even after it was proven that he lied. Trump has lied more than Obama, Bush and Clinton. Yet you still haven't done a fucking thing.  The only thing these guns are doing is killing your own citizens.  You might as well give them up.  

Only in America...   Is right.  Highest gun deaths in the 1st world. 

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Oh come on, you can't deny the fact we have a gun/shooting issue.  Saving all life is the goal. 

Neal

Looks more like a mental health issue.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So not the guns then

The commonality and ease of access to guns does play a part in the US having far more gun related homicides than other countries.  To deny it is a component is idiotic.  We must manage all aspects of the problem.  To lay the issue at a single fault is also intellectually dishonest.

Neal

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The commonality and ease of access to guns does play a part in the US having far more gun related homicides than other countries.  To deny it is a component is idiotic.  We must manage all aspects of the problem.  To lay the issue at a single fault is also intellectually dishonest.

Neal

There was an ease to making bombs too....