Looks Like Yamaha is releasing it's own sleds next year

7 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

What percentage of dealers would snowcheck more than 12 sleds per day ? I personally don,t know of any.

Around here, most dealers would be lucky to snowcheck that many in a week. 

Our ski doo dealer is usually in the 80 range 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Did I say sledding was doing better than ever you fucking idiot? And for every article you post stating it's suffering I'll post one saying it's thriving. They are still selling over 100k units per year. Which is doing well

Registration in just about every state dropped by a 1/3 since the late 90's - early 2000's. My god you're a moron, go read the article about the sales numbers for the last few years....doing well, what an idiot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Our ski doo dealer is usually in the 80 range 

per day doubtful that would be 3600 sleds in the 45 day spring window

Reality is yammie made to many sleds if they can allocated 3 leftovers per day to every dealer in the network so it's prob good they are only producing a handful of sleds and taking advantage of them all coming off the AC production line so they can shut their lines down.  Now maybe thats because they are changing them over to something all new or maybe they will throw in the towel.  Wonder home many Yamaha only dealers there are because thats really the only reason to keep building them so the dealers have something to sell in the slow season.    

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Reality is yammie made to many sleds if they can allocated 3 leftovers per day to every dealer in the network so it's prob good they are only producing a handful of sleds and taking advantage of them all coming off the AC production line so they can shut their lines down.  Now maybe thats because they are changing them over to something all new or maybe they will throw in the towel.  Wonder home many Yamaha only dealers there are because thats really the only reason to keep building them so the dealers have something to sell in the slow season.    

He meant 80 spring orders total.

15 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Registration in just about every state dropped by a 1/3 since the late 90's - early 2000's. My god you're a moron, go read the article about the sales numbers for the last few years....doing well, what an idiot.

Yah and sales were up 20% in 2015 in the US cause we had a good snow year.......should we look at historical registration numbers in the mountain states?

Face it ....you are just projecting you're negative queefy cunt blood perspective on the rest of us and our sport because you were too much of a bitch to stick with it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

almost positive they are putting that motor together in StCloud 

The 998 is built in there atv/sxs plant in Georgia 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah and sales were up 20% in 2015 in the US cause we had a good snow year.......should we look at historical registration numbers in the mountain states?

Face it ....you are just projecting you're negative queefy cunt blood perspective on the rest of us and our sport because you were too much of a bitch to stick with it.

most of the travailing mountain guys I know dont even register. buy sled out of state and just buy stickers for where you ride . if you decide to register  in your home state the following yr tell em you bought it from a rancher who used it on his privet property . no tax  

it is fucking crazy the numbers of mid west plates in the forest service lots now days . just 10 yrs ago you may see 1 plate from your state in a weekend in the lot now 10 is nothing . fuck run by Tog lot 50 trucks with Midwest plates getting fucked by aramark 

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

80 total nerd

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ez ryder said:

makes sense I did not think it was shipped over . that was part of the reason they got away from zuke  

Correct, Yamaha wanted to assemble it in the US to make it more profitable (avoid the tariffs, shipping costs, ect)  technically Yamahas sled line is "assembled in the usa" lol

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

most of the travailing mountain guys I know dont even register. buy sled out of state and just buy stickers for where you ride . if you decide to register  in your home state the following yr tell em you bought it from a rancher who used it on his privet property . no tax  

it is fucking crazy the numbers of mid west plates in the forest service lots now days . just 10 yrs ago you may see 1 plate from your state in a weekend in the lot now 10 is nothing . fuck run by Tog lot 50 trucks with Midwest plates getting fucked by aramark 

The manu's are selling a lot of machines still.....we may never see the peak numbers of the 90's again but that doesnt mean the sport is dying. Only a fucking moron would think so ......or someone who doesnt ride

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The manu's are selling a lot of machines still.....we may never see the peak numbers of the 90's again but that doesnt mean the sport is dying. Only a fucking moron would think so ......or someone who doesnt ride

true they may not be selling the numbers but the money is still rolling in just fine . people also keep there shit a few more yrs now seeing as it lasts a bit longer . back in the day we all got new shit every 2 yrs or less now it is 4 yrs poss 5 before dropping down for a new toy 

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

The 998 is built in there atv/sxs plant in Georgia 

I seen a reference once about it coming from Japan, but the Georgia plant makes sense.  I would have been very surprised if they had engine assembly farmed out to a third party. :bc:  

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I just posted alot of facts  but as usual you're just being a dumb cunt, I doubt you'll ever cure your diarrhea of the mouth.

Using our local club in Ontario as an example, over 50 % of members are over 50 years old, and probably another 25 % are over 65. Members under 25 are zero. Sledding for recreation is dying. Between crazy high prices, and very little snow in a lot of areas any more, definitely less sledders around. Kids these days would rather sit on the couch and play with their phones. I wouldn,t be surprised to see our local club, and many others in the area, fold, in less than 5 years. 

47 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Using our local club in Ontario as an example, over 50 % of members are over 50 years old, and probably another 25 % are over 65. Members under 25 are zero. Sledding for recreation is dying. Between crazy high prices, and very little snow in a lot of areas any more, definitely less sledders around. Kids these days would rather sit on the couch and play with their phones. I wouldn,t be surprised to see our local club, and many others in the area, fold, in less than 5 years. 

The prices are not crazy high....that is total bullshit

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The prices are not crazy high....that is total bullshit

The bigger problem is lack of snow. I see plenty of new sleds out there. And you don’t have to go down for 15k either. Plenty of low mileage used out there.

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The bigger problem is lack of snow. I see plenty of new sleds out there. And you don’t have to go down for 15k either. Plenty of low mileage used out there.

The brand new flagship model today is cheaper than it was in 1994 if you adjust for inflation......gas has been cheap for years. Shit winters are 100% the issue and that is just a cycle 

The issue is faggots like Snoughnuts not getting their kids into the sport and parents who are unwilling to do anything but give their kids an ipad and let them lock in to the electronics.

I can guarantee you my daughter will end up a sledder for life.....because that is what I am and she has learned from the best 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

nothing much...:lol2:

the tech on 2 strokes is injection schemes that are clean and accurate......dumbroski cant grasp that but its true :lol: 

the basic 2 stroke engine has been more or less unchanged for 60 years 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

the tech on 2 strokes is injection schemes that are clean and accurate......dumbroski cant grasp that but its true :lol: 

the basic 2 stroke engine has been more or less unchanged for 60 years 

Still trying to "un-embarrass" yourself I see.  Just move on.  You'll never heal if you keep digging at the scab.  Hell, you're the one that gave yourself that gaping wound....when you could have just accepted a surgical, easy heeling, cut.

Sadist ghey.  :lol: