Looks Like Yamaha is releasing it's own sleds next year

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yes I've heard this and lots of "rumors".   The most common is Yamaha is done with sleds.

Sure seems that way. Without a lightweight 2 stroke they are irrelevant and would have a long way to go to be in the top 2. 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Sure seems that way. Without a lightweight 2 stroke they are irrelevant and would have a long way to go to be in the top 2. 

They need an 850 two stroke period. Everyone doesn't want to ride a four-stroke sorry Yamaha. 

29 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They need an 850 two stroke period. Everyone doesn't want to ride a four-stroke sorry Yamaha. 

I think 600cc is still the bread and butter of most 2 stroke sleds. So a 600 and an 850 would be great. They have the capability to make a world class 2 stroke they just dont seem to want to. 

21 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I think 600cc is still the bread and butter of most 2 stroke sleds. So a 600 and an 850 would be great. They have the capability to make a world class 2 stroke they just dont seem to want to. 

Yeah. They sure did their homework on those triples 

7 hours ago, SnowRider said:

@f7ben this must be another example of what Bennytoomany claims is the best sledding market ever......sledding is strong as ever according .7Momo :lol: 

I never said any of that you dumb mouth breathing motherfucker.....fucking toolkit :lol:

3 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

This is just 1 manufacturer but when I was at the AXYS release ride with the factory guys Chris Wolf said that Polaris sold more 800's than 600's and had for quite a few years,, that was in 2014. just FYI

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

This is just 1 manufacturer but when I was at the AXYS release ride with the factory guys Chris Wolf said that Polaris sold more 800's than 600's and had for quite a few years,, that was in 2014. just FYI

Yeah it seems like more people are getting 800's now but forever they always said that 600's were the biggest sellers. :dunno:

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The other Rumor that was given to me is that Textron isn't really big on sleds. That they are working on a deal to sell just the sled division of Cat to Yamaha. But that doesn't make sense to me as it appears as though Yamaha winding that relationship down

then why would they buy a sled manufacture ? they sure shit did not buy them for a atv line that the instantly changed the name on.

I can see them canceling the Yammi deal they don't really need them they are manufacturing the motors any way only thing yammi did was the engineering on it . cat can do that .

with the snowcheck only allowing dealer 12 per day till snow check is over and no other inventory allowed to be ordered tells me they are getting ready for exit

What percentage of dealers would snowcheck more than 12 sleds per day ? I personally don,t know of any.

Around here, most dealers would be lucky to snowcheck that many in a week. 

Edited by Frostynuts

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never said any of that you dumb mouth breathing motherfucker.....fucking toolkit :lol:

It really shows what a clueless fuck SR is. You would think after The biggest owning of a person I’ve ever seen when you laid the story out about the missing tool kit that he would never mention your name in a thread. But he’s such a fucking  imbecile that he doesn’t realize what a fucking tool he is!!

Funny that Yamaha would release their "own" sled next year when they just dropped all of "their own" sleds for next year. It sure looks like they dont give a fuck about sleds. 

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The other Rumor that was given to me is that Textron isn't really big on sleds. That they are working on a deal to sell just the sled division of Cat to Yamaha. But that doesn't make sense to me as it appears as though Yamaha winding that relationship down

I could see that happening. They have dropped the Arctic Cat name on all atv's and side x sides. All under the Textron offroad brand.

8 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What percentage of dealers would snowcheck more than 12 sleds per day ? I personally don,t know of any.

Around here, most dealers would be lucky to snowcheck that many in a week. 

that include what they are allowed to order for the year for them self . they Yammi are saying some bull shit to help keep the price of used yammis strong lol.

I was incorrect it is 3 per day. from a straight up well respected dealer in the UP  

My guess was correct. I normally order 70 to 80 new Yamaha's a year. Most dealers are going to be lucky to get 2!!!!!!!!!! That's not a misprint. Yamaha will rely 90% on their snow check program. They want to create a demand for their product and bring value to their used market. I say kudos to them for doing this. It's a bold move but I think it's the right one. Starting at 10 eastern time today each Yamaha dealer can order 3 2018 or 2017 models per day until they're all gone and models are limited!!!! If you want a Yamaha I strongly suggest you either order a new 2019 snow check or you get a 17 or 18!!! I doubt anyone saw this coming so it's going to be scramble for dealers and customers

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Not a good move on Yamahas part.  I think they are just trying to clear inventory to speed up their exit from the snowmobile market.

that is my guess that is why they only want dealers to snow check and in a dealers words be lucky to get 2 sleds . less checks to have to buy back inventory . also not as hard to get out of a dealer contract if dealer has no inventory

Textron is not a new owner of a sled / atv product , they have been there before, good or bad.  Other wild rumors that are going around is that Textron has been in talks with Honda to produce engines for some product lines, Textron also will be slimming down the product lines they have purchased. Yamaha snowmobile death speculation  has been around since the early 1990's Exciter / Vmax4 era , dollar to yen debacle . The two dealers I have talked with , think it is a good move to clean out non - current models , slow sellers and build needed hype and interest for the market's. But again you never really know.

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

From what @Jet was saying, Suzuki wasn’t playing very nice with cat at the end 

I read that cat was having supply issues, Suzuki was slow to release new product, cat wanted them off the board.  I think Suzuki owned a 1/3 or more of cat. 

My yamaha dealer who also carry cat and doo just told me Yamaha auctioned there left overs and spring order only for 19. 

Im not reading into any of this too much, I think cat has a new chassis ready for release but are putting it off to clear leftovers.. 

I also think textron is aware of the 2012 problem and don't want a repeat. 

Plus, Yamaha is very strict about qc. I remember when they joined with cat they actually made changes on the line.  I just don't ever see Yamaha putting there name on something like the belt blowing, chain case exploding, jack shaft snapping, I ain't got reverse, back ordered parts, engine mount heat exchanger snapper, that the 2012 was. Hell no, this will be a successful launch.

my 2 cents

9 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You get your information from Retards .  Birds of a feathah !!!    :bc:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Bottom of page 6 is where the ownage starts. :news: In regards to Bennytoomany stating snowmobiling is doing very well.

Did I say sledding was doing better than ever you fucking idiot? And for every article you post stating it's suffering I'll post one saying it's thriving. They are still selling over 100k units per year. Which is doing well

I don't think there is any Yamaha dealers that want to miss out on the snowmobile business. They just want the demands placed on them by Yamaha to be manageable. Poo,cat and doo force numbers that dealers can't handle. 

When it's snowing snowmobiles are huge dollar makers, there is nobody as passionate as snowmobilers. But we don't spend when the snows not flying, we get stupid when it is. Mother Nature works in cycles

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

then why would they buy a sled manufacture ? they sure shit did not buy them for a atv line that the instantly changed the name on.

I can see them canceling the Yammi deal they don't really need them they are manufacturing the motors any way only thing yammi did was the engineering on it . cat can do that .

with the snowcheck only allowing dealer 12 per day till snow check is over and no other inventory allowed to be ordered tells me they are getting ready for exit

Wut?  Are you saying the 998T's are being manufactured by Arcto?