Looks Like Yamaha is releasing it's own sleds next year

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

The yammi version looks better and people were worried about cat clutches. But as it turns out the yammis are having more issues than the cats

I don't know a single Cat Turbo Tard that wouldn't welcome the Suzuki relationship back.  In fact, those whack jobs would litterally be dancing in the streets and climbing over each other to buy the next Zook turbo at $20k.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hard to say with all this fuckery and shit seasons the last few years.  IMO, I'd love to see a seperation between the Yammi and Cat and see Yammy build their own sleds again.  I'd love to see them go back to 2 strokes but, one wish at a time.  Reality is, I just don't think there are enough people that want a blue Arctic Cat.  Cat owns the market on high performance two strokes and has all the aftermarket research and go-fast parts to go along with it.  I think this is a good reason why Doo and Poo aren't bothering with it.  

Reality is, I think Yammi is done with sleds.  Sad.  But, let's face it, they were done messing around in the sled market when they refused to listen to market demand.  Partnering with Cat was a last ditch effort to try and renew their brand.....by using another brand??????  The whole thing stunk before the ink dried.

Makes one wonder if BRP would market the LYNX brand here if the Yammi and Cat disappear. 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't know a single Cat Turbo Tard that wouldn't welcome the Suzuki relationship back.  In fact, those whack jobs would litterally be dancing in the streets and climbing over each other to buy the next Zook turbo at $20k.

From what @Jet was saying, Suzuki wasn’t playing very nice with cat at the end 

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

Makes one wonder if BRP would market the LYNX brand here if the Yammi and Cat disappear. 

No idea.  Probably though.  Cat isn't going anywhere right now though.  Textron just dumped a bucket of cash on their sled division for R and D and had a solid rep presence visible during this last race season assuring teams that they are "all in".  Sounds like it's gonna be a solid relationship right now.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Why would they do that?   I don't see enough differences in the main models.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No idea.  Probably though.  Cat isn't going anywhere right now though.  Textron just dumped a bucket of cash on their sled division for R and D and had a solid rep presence visible during this last race season assuring teams that they are "all in".  Sounds like it's gonna be a solid relationship right now.

I don't think Cat is going anywhere either.  

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

From what @Jet was saying, Suzuki wasn’t playing very nice with cat at the end 

I think the deal to usher Yammi in to take over was poorly done and Suzuki wasn't gonna play ball on the bidding floor.  I think that renewed love would be an epic romance fit for reality TV.  Both would benefit.  But Cat is doing well with their 2strokes from a dependability standpoint so, not sure how that may play in.  A zook back in the Turbos would be a winner tho.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the deal to usher Yammi in to take over was poorly done and Suzuki wasn't gonna play ball on the bidding floor.  I think that renewed love would be an epic romance fit for reality TV.  Both would benefit.  But Cat is doing well with their 2strokes from a dependability standpoint so, not sure how that may play in.  A zook back in the Turbos would be a winner tho.

They’re new two strokes are ok. Performance is average though. Or less. That’s not good enough. I want a new ZRT 800!

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Let's hope so

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why would they do that?   I don't see enough differences in the main models.  

I really don't they would. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't think Cat is going anywhere either.  

I'd be floored if they did from the scuttlebut I've heard from the race tracks.  In fact, it sounds like engineering and design is really gonna up the game for the racers next year.  This will trickle down to consumers sleds as always.  Fuck...I think Textron wants Cat to win every single race!  :dunno:  Hey, I'm all for it.  Drop the touristy sled shit and focus on performance bred machines to a select consumer market.  Textron can ramp up and improve their wheeled divisions easily for revenue gains.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cat needed that money as their current r&d isn't good enough.   The shooting flames issue and clutching issues should have never made it to production or at the very least should not have lasted full season or two. 

• Like 1

I seen pics and rumours of a new triple but it’s pretty quiet out there 

The rumors are rediculous and getting these cock suckers to give up anything more than a shit eating grin is tough.  Mueller is taking a look at it all.  :lmao:

Just now, Kev144 said:

Cat needed that money as their current r&d isn't good enough.   The shooting flames issue and clutching issues should have never made it to production or at the very least should not have lasted full season or two. 

It was poorly done and watered down their own brand, IMO.  Cat's board decisions over the last 10 years have been astonishing poor.  Clutching issues are tough to call anyway when trying to get a CVT to work for all.  The Chinese shit Mr. Home Depot farmed out had such tight tolerances they were shit until 1500 miles...and by then, who cares.  The secondary was a pile and the primary needed it's O-rings filed down to get the fucking arms to move properly.  Now Doo and Yamaha are having fits with their clutching.  Which is bizarre for Doo because their shit started popping last race season and they still haven't figured it out.  Flame mapping?  Meh...I still don't see that as something that won't get remapped.  And nobody around here is talking much about it.  They are calling it "boot heaters".  :lol: It'll get remapped.  Besides, chicks dig burn scars.  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

It was poorly done and watered down their own brand, IMO.  Cat's board decisions over the last 10 years have been astonishing poor.  Clutching issues are tough to call anyway when trying to get a CVT to work for all.  The Chinese shit Mr. Home Depot farmed out had such tight tolerances they were shit until 1500 miles...and by then, who cares.  The secondary was a pile and the primary needed it's O-rings filed down to get the fucking arms to move properly.  Now Doo and Yamaha are having fits with their clutching.  Which is bizarre for Doo because their shit started popping last race season and they still haven't figured it out.  Flame mapping?  Meh...I still don't see that as something that won't get remapped.  And nobody around here is talking much about it.  They are calling it "boot heaters".  :lol: It'll get remapped.  Besides, chicks dig burn scars.  :lmao:

Cat has been a fangled mess

in the F7 era they were the fastest snowmobiles. Then in 2007 bam, now they’re the slow couch on snow. Then in 2010 they were like oh fuck we forgot our heritage and released the 2010 CFR 800 ho which was a killer. They’re chassis we’re good and their clutching was great 

so in 2012 they said let’s switch it up again with the procross, make them slow again and heck let’s go with all new clutching just for fun. Disaster. Wtf cat

Cat has been a fangled mess

in the F7 era they were the fastest snowmobiles. Then in 2007 bam, now they’re the slow couch on snow. Then in 2010 they were like oh fuck we forgot our heritage and released the 2010 CFR 800 ho which was a killer. They’re chassis we’re good and their clutching was great 

so in 2012 they said let’s switch it up again with the procross, make them slow again and heck let’s go with all new clutching just for fun. Disaster. Wtf cat

I know.  Idiots.  Their biggest mistake if you ask me was dragging their feet on the wheeled market.  WTF?  Everyone saw that taking off and used that money to keep sledding alive.  Instead, they fired the doofus that refused to see wheels as money and hired a guy that bartered plumbing supplies with the far east!  Oh, it all made sense!!!!   I mean....WUT?  Then, after letting him walk away with all that cash for punishment, they hired another team of idiots....FROM FLORIDA.  And for some idiotic reason moved AC HQ to the cities for reasons nobody can figure out other than he wanted his team to have more golf options.  

We'll see what happens but, it sounds like Arctic is slowly being put back in the hands of people that want to make a performance brand again.