Ban Guns? Ban Cell phones & Automobiles too right away

• The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
  • Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
  • 1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
  • Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
  • Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
  • Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
  • Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
  • 94% of drivers support a ban on texting while driving.
  • 74% of drivers support a ban on hand-held cell phone use.

Teen Driver Cell Phone Statistics

• 11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving.
  • According to a AAA poll, 94% of teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting and driving, but 35% admitted to doing it anyway.
  • 21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.
  • Teen drivers are 4x more likely than adults to get into car crashes or near-crashes when talking or texting on a cell phone.
  • A teen driver with only one additional passenger doubles the risk of getting into a fatal car accident. With two or more passengers, they are 5x as likely.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Compare hours of use for autos and cellphondes to guns if you want to be honest 

That's one of the dumbest things you've said on this forum. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You are just too fucking stupid to understand. That does not surprise me in the least.  

Really? The time spent using a cell phone mitigates the fact that texting while driving is considerably more dangerous than even drunk driving?  It somehow makes deaths caused by distracted driving less bad than gun violence? You are a retarded faggot!

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Really? The time spent using a cell phone mitigates the fact that texting while driving is considerably more dangerous than even drunk driving?  It somehow makes deaths caused by distracted driving less bad than gun violence? You are a retarded faggot!

No? You dumb fuck. Any time people try to compare auto deaths to gun deaths it is helpful to also compare the amount of time people are using a device.  

For most people a car and cellphone are essential for work. They spend 10 hours per week in their cars, it stands to reason that there would be more car accidents than gun. Per hour of use guns are way more dangerous.  

Also most places fine people for texting and driving. I’m sure you and the op aren’t suggesting we fine people for having weapons. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Nothing a good ole fashion walk out won't fix. 

Another one?  That last one didn’t fix all this?  Or, was that just to put a few more nails in the Dem coffin?  The next one will FOR SURE fix our societal, errr....I mean “gun problems”.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Another one?  That last one didn’t fix all this?  Or, was that just to put a few more nails in the Dem coffin?  The next one will FOR SURE fix our societal, errr....I mean “gun problems”.

They did it wrong, the kids need more practice. One school had  a do over after the kids were jumping on cars and ripping down the flag.  OK , we are going to try this again................And no funny business!!!!   :lol: 

I think it is safe to say there will be no "TAKE OUR PHONES"!!!!!  chants.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They did it wrong, the kids need more practice. One school had  a do over after the kids were jumping on cars and ripping down the flag.  OK , we are going to try this again................And no funny business!!!!   :lol: 

I think it is safe to say there will be no "TAKE OUR PHONES"!!!!!  chants.

Oh yes, the next Liberal Facist rally paid for by tax dollars and implemented by public school teachers on behalf of the Democratic party will work out much better.  Now, if all the parents and students will just resist their urge to encourage all to think independently using ration and reason.....this will all go over much smoother.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

No? You dumb fuck. Any time people try to compare auto deaths to gun deaths it is helpful to also compare the amount of time people are using a device.  

For most people a car and cellphone are essential for work. They spend 10 hours per week in their cars, it stands to reason that there would be more car accidents than gun. Per hour of use guns are way more dangerous.  

Also most places fine people for texting and driving. I’m sure you and the op aren’t suggesting we fine people for having weapons. 

:lol:   I've seen it all now.  

18 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

You are just too fucking stupid to understand. That does not surprise me in the least.  

no its you who are too stupid. 20 years ago we didn't have any school shootings. before that, when I was in school, most of us guys had a rifle or shotgun hanging in the back window of our truck. we got in fights all the time, argued and never shot the school up. we settled it with our hands. these kids people are raising today seem to need revenge for everything. they ain't normal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

no its you who are too stupid. 20 years ago we didn't have any school shootings. before that, when I was in school, most of us guys had a rifle or shotgun hanging in the back window of our truck. we got in fights all the time, argued and never shot the school up. we settled it with our hands. these kids people are raising today seem to need revenge for everything. they ain't normal.

Yep.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Well said and absolutely true..we always took our guns to school,  a couple Teachers went Duck hunting with some of us after school. My neighbor 3 doors away was the Gym coach, he & I went hunting together all the time, Ducks, Pheasants, and Rabbits, great guy and great Teacher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

my Dad always says,  "America is only as good as its parents."  he is right and when todays kids come to voting age, America is doomed.

People are crazy to think the glorification of violence in media (games, movies, tv shoes) isn't having an impact as well.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

People are crazy to think the glorification of violence in media (games, movies, tv shoes) isn't having an impact as well.  

It certainly influences kids and even some Adults.

It's great to say, that there was no problem with gun violence 40 years ago. 

But the reality is, there is a problem now. 

Australia solved their problem. It didn't take thousands of dead kids to make them act. 

I'm sorry that none of you are intelligent enough to figure out the time/injury correlation. 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It's great to say, that there was no problem with gun violence 40 years ago. 

But the reality is, there is a problem now. 

Australia solved their problem. It didn't take thousands of dead kids to make them act. 

I'm sorry that none of you are intelligent enough to figure out the time/injury correlation. 

So what changed in the last 40 years? 

If it's truly about the kids then we MUST not allow them to drive until their 21, or do drugs, or be aborted... 

Take your kayak off the nearest 20 story building and face plant that fucker!  :thumb: 

Ask for Slope to try and catch you too  :lol: 

Edited by Skidooski

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Check the facts:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_massacres_by_death_toll

They existed, just not publicized. Social media has allowed news from everywhere in an instant.

This second part is truth, and I agree.

8 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

One thing that has changed is people like you are more common. How many times have you shown photos of your gun collection? You do that because you think people respect you for having all the fire power.  It’s pussy’s like you that support the narrative about tough guys owning guns. 

Years ago tough guys didn’t need a gun to feel tough. When you make being able to shoot someone a measure of manhood, you end up with fuckheads shooting up schools when they are bullied.