General Knows Best.....

• Platinum Contributing Member

Or does it in Clown Posse land......:snack:

Retired four-star Army general: Trump, 'under the sway of Putin,' threatens national security

Jessica DurandoUpdated 11:35 a.m. ET March 17, 2018

A retired four-star Army general said that he thinks President Trump is a “serious threat to US national security” because the president "is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks."

Retired Gen. Barry McCaffrey tweeted Friday that “it is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of (Russian President Vladimir) Putin.”

Reluctantly I have concluded that President Trump is a serious threat to US national security. He is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks. It is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of Mr Putin.

— Barry R McCaffrey (@mccaffreyr3) March 16, 2018

More: In war of words with Trump, fired FBI's McCabe says he will no longer be silent

McCaffrey, a military analyst for NBC News and president of his own consulting firm, BR McCaffrey Associates, was director of Office of National Drug Control Policy under President Clinton from 1996 to 2001.

He received three Purple Heart medals for injuries sustained during his service in Vietnam, two Silver Stars for valor, and two Distinguished Service Crosses.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Russian involvement in the 2016 elections and whether there was any collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Mueller has indicted several former Trump campaign aides and 13 Russian nationals as part of his ongoing probe into Russian interference in the presidential election.

AP Reporter Josh Lederman says fresh moves by the US to Punish Russia suggest that the Trump administration is giving "some credence' to the work of special counsel Robert Mueller. (March 15) AP

Trump's administration sanctioned several Russian organizations on Thursday for unsavory behavior, including attempts to alter the 2016 presidential election. The sanctions, though, are largely symbolic: A third or so existed under the Obama administration, and the individual-level sanctions likely won't hurt Russia's economy. Among the repeats are Yevgeniy Prigozhin, a Russian oligarch known as "Putin's chef."

Trump has also been criticized for not putting in place sanctions against Russia earlier, after Congress passed a bi-partisan bill last summer.

Last month, U.S. Cyber Command chief and National Security Agency Director Adm. Michael Rogers told the Senate Armed Services Committee that he had not received any new authority from Trump to strike at Russian cyber operations.

Regarding U.S. efforts to counter the Russian intrusions, Rogers said, “We’re taking steps, but we’re probably not doing enough.” 

McCaffrey's remarks were echoed on MSNBC Saturday by retired United States Navy Admiral James Stavridis.

Asked by MSNBC host Alex Witt for his thoughts on McCaffrey's statement, Stavridis replied: “I know the general well. I have a lot of regard for his opinions, he does not state them loosely.”

“In terms of the current situation with Russia, our president needs to understand that Vladimir Putin is no friend to the United States, that Russia is actively seeking to undermine our nation not only domestically but our foreign policy as well,” he added. “I agree with Gen. McCaffrey that our president does not spend enough time focused on the threat that is emanating from Russia today.”

Meanwhile, tensions between U.S. ally Britain and Russia have reached Cold War-era levels of frostiness. 

The diplomatic snit stems from the poisoning of Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter, Yulia, 33, who were found unconscious on a park bench in a shopping area in Salisbury, England, on March 4. They remain in a critical condition. 

Britain's foreign minister Boris Johnson said Friday it was "overwhelmingly likely" Putin directly ordered the attack. British officials say military-grade nerve agent was used.

Contributing: Josh Hafner

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/17/retired-four-star-army-general-calls-trump-under-sway-putin-threat-us-national-security/434811002/

Edited by SnowRider

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i see smails is in full blown trump defense mode again....

Not at all but let's be honest here...McCaffery is a hack and I have been ignoring most of these threads because any comment that runs counter to the anti Trump narrative is met with comments like yours. At the end of the day none of it means shit and there is certainly nothing you and I can do to affect any of it but flail away.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

McCaffery is a media flack and spin doctor...WGAF what he has to say not to mention he worked for The Clintons.

Why are you so easily triggered when Dump is criticized? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not at all but let's be honest here...McCaffery is a hack and I have been ignoring most of these threads because any comment that runs counter to the anti Trump narrative is met with comments like yours. At the end of the day none of it means shit and there is certainly nothing you and I can do to affect any of it but flail away.

You didn’t have to vote for Dump.....:snack:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How many 4 star generals are there? He said he was in support but critical of Trump. His warnings came after the Russians poisoned the two in England after confirmation it was the Russians by the Brits. Trump looked the other way.

FUCK TRUMP

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

do you agree with what the general is saying or not? if not, you are damn dumb. if you think there is some merit, why don't you just say it? 

Edited by Snoslinger

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

do you agree with what the general is saying or not? if not, you are damn dumb. if you think there is some merit, why don't you just say it? 

:lmao: from the homo that has been :wrong: about everything since like forever 

12 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why are you so easily triggered when Dump is criticized? 

Triggered....did you miss the part where I say I ignore most of these threads....Pay attention.

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

McCaffery is a media flack and spin doctor...WGAF what he has to say not to mention he worked for The Clintons.

Every veteran I have ever spoken to has mad respect for Mattis. Some swing Dem and some swing republican. They all love the guy. 

17 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Every veteran I have ever spoken to has mad respect for Mattis. Some swing Dem and some swing republican. They all love the guy. 

Mattis or McCaffery? 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Mattis. Most of those generals are just politicians. Mattis seems like the real deal. 

If you read about Mattis and his background he comes across as a guy that has one interest only and it's being a soldier.

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Why does Dump ignore and remain quiet on Putin related issues......:news:  What’s the Faux anoise coverage been like..... 

quiet as a mouse.

U.S. imposes new sanctions on Russian entities over 2016 election meddling

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/15/us-russia-sanctions-election-meddling-465475

McCaffrey is a Dem shill.  He lost whatever respect he had by sucking the corn out of Schwartzkopf’s ass before his shit hit the ground.  He’s a politician first, a business man second, and not sure what takes the 3rd to the 20th spot but it’s not being a soldier.  He was the type of General that Obama cherished.  ZERO CARE AT ALL FOR HIS TROOPS.

But look! A military guy tweeted something about Trump and Russia!!!  .....and his bank will grow this week for it.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

McCaffrey is a Dem shill.  He lost whatever respect he had by sucking the corn out of Schwartzkopf’s ass before his shit hit the ground.  He’s a politician first, a business man second, and not sure what takes the 3rd to the 20th spot but it’s not being a soldier.  He was the type of General that Obama cherished.  ZERO CARE AT ALL FOR HIS TROOPS.

But look! A military guy tweeted something about Trump and Russia!!!  .....and his bank will grow this week for it.

:lol:

Bingo....don’t expect the usual suspects to see, admit or understand this.