Anyone actually snowcheck a new sled?

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I sold mine last yr. Then at the end of the yr got a little 14 garvy from a customer. Looking for a small outboard now. I was gonna go to the boat show yesterday until the wife said " don't , knowing you , you will drag something home "

When I was young I had a little 13 foot Boston Whaler with a 25 merc on it.  That thing was an awsome little skip.  I'd do that again too.  Bullet proof and could be sprayed down after use (muddy dog feet).

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

When I was young I had a little 12 foot Boston Whaler with a 25 merc on it.  That thing was an awsome little skip.  I'd do that again too.  Bullet proof and could be sprayed down after use (muddy dog feet).

Funny , when I was 15 my sister owned a marina on long island south shore ny. I was out in a 14 footer with a 25 . Thing got stuck wide open , I threw it in nutral and it sounded like it was gonna blow so I threw it back in drive. Fucking motor flipped into the air , cut my wrist with the prop and went to the bottom of the ocean.

1/2 the reason I figured id try this gravy with a small outboard is I'm sick of ethanol , wiring issues , and all the other bullshit. Figured with a small outboard if the thing fucks up I can throw it in the back of truck and bring it somewhere. Also a lot of cool trout ponds around here with 10 hp limits.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Funny , when I was 15 my sister owned a marina on long island south shore ny. I was out in a 14 footer with a 25 . Thing got stuck wide open , I threw it in nutral and it sounded like it was gonna blow so I threw it back in drive. Fucking motor flipped into the air , cut my wrist with the prop and went to the bottom of the ocean.

:lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I sold mine last yr. Then at the end of the yr got a little 14 garvy from a customer. Looking for a small outboard now. I was gonna go to the boat show yesterday until the wife said " don't , knowing you , you will drag something home "

I can’t go to the boat show either. Boy you can speed a hundred g’s in a hurry there. I roll around to the Donzi’s and Cobalt boats and get weak in the knees. :lol: 

Just now, Edmo said:

I can’t go to the boat show either. Boy you can speed a hundred g’s in a hurry there. I roll around to the Donzi’s and Cobalt boats and get weak in the knees. :lol: 

Ill buy another one either when I retire or at least when I can keep it in the water and live withinn 15 minutes of it. In my buss I don't have time to use it till July. 

1 hour ago, jammin said:

I'll be riding an 04 F6 until I die or maybe get a 14 / 15 in a few years.   New sled $$ are nut's but good for the one's that go for it.  :bc: 

I don’t mean to brag, but I will be rocking my 06 XF another year.

F6F396B4-270C-427A-91AA-F5EC519652D5.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don’t mean to brag, but I will be rocking my 06 XF another year.

F6F396B4-270C-427A-91AA-F5EC519652D5.jpeg

Smart man....one of the best sleds Cat has built and that 700 laydown mill is still competitive.:ylsuper:

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Smart man....one of the best sleds Cat has built and that 700 laydown mill is still competitive.:ylsuper:

Funny how all manufacturers can get some so right and some so wrong.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I’m like Vince with Arctic Cats when it comes to the water. Seadoo till I die no matter how many times I have to bend over. 

if it has a super charger you best not go over the hours before rebuild . somthing fucking stupid like 40 . when they go it takes out the whole fucking motor . my bud owns a ski shop it is shocking how many of those 2 and 3 yr old skis end up in salvage from ingesting bearings from the charger 

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if it has a super charger you best not go over the hours before rebuild . somthing fucking stupid like 40 . when they go it takes out the whole fucking motor . my bud owns a ski shop it is shocking how many of those 2 and 3 yr old skis end up in salvage from ingesting bearings from the charger 

The one I bought had the updates. 

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The owners manual on my 300 seadoo says around 300+ hours :dunno: for a rebuild of the  charger 

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The owners manual on my 300 seadoo says around 300+ hours :dunno: for a rebuild of the  charger 

Or 2 years whatever comes first.:lol:

When I had the Seadoo Jet boat it felt like a ticking time bomb.  None of that nonsense with either Kawi or Yammi.

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Or 2 years whatever comes first.:lol:

When I had the Seadoo Jet boat it felt like a ticking time bomb.  None of that nonsense with either Kawi or Yammi.

Had a few 4 stroke seadoos never had a lick of issues myself. :dunno: 

31 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Had a few 4 stroke seadoos never had a lick of issues myself. :dunno: 

I had an 06 and it did not have a recommended hour re-build, I believe that started in 07 and after with the ceramic washers,  but make no mistake there were lots needing them.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Does yamaha still make 1200 2S triple ? I think it’s called GP1200R or something. I hear great things about that motor.