Historic Maine wilderness inn destroyed by fire

ckf

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Where is it? State map dosnt show a trail within 50 miles of the place.

Cause there isn't .  It's on Chesuncook lake right at the edge of the Allagash Wilderness .  Pretty much the last stop on the way in and the first stop on the way out .   :bc: 

On 3/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, Snake said:

With all the water in the gas there, they should have used it on the fire.

Seriously though, tough deal all the way around.

We just fueled up there 2-3 weeks ago.  It was getting late too, we were on about mile 320 of a 400 mile day.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:39 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

001.JPG

Damn shame.  I wonder if they'll rebuild :dunno: 

On 3/18/2018 at 12:36 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Cool looking place, all that old dry timber once it starts burning it don't stop, those old remote historic buildings should be sprinklered as it's there only chance at survival when the fire starts.

Its all run on a generator.  Closest rode is like 10-15 miles away.  Fishermans paradise in the summer too. 

23 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Funny I've filled up there multiple times with my skidoos and never had an issue, maybe just inferior brands? :snack:

Fucking @Sal Rosenberg is behind the tragedy! :fuckoff:

I'm just hoping they had good insurance and will rebuild, place was a pretty nice stop to have in the middle of the woods 50 miles from the nearest civilization.

I've had "octane" lights kick on with 2 different sleds after gassing up there.  It is what it is, but I've known several folks who've had the same experience as Moe.  Sucks though, they were super nice folks.  Not the how do we say......dirty sweatpant...kind of folks :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

I've been there a few times over the years. It's become a popular spot to ride to. Last stop to top off fuel if you're going to the trains. Hopefully they have insurance and rebuild. If they decide not to. I wouldn't be surprised that they reopen Abol in the wintertime.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We just fueled up there 2-3 weeks ago.  It was getting late too, we were on about mile 320 of a 400 mile day.

Damn shame.  I wonder if they'll rebuild :dunno: 

Its all run on a generator.  Closest rode is like 10-15 miles away.  Fishermans paradise in the summer too. 

I've had "octane" lights kick on with 2 different sleds after gassing up there.  It is what it is, but I've known several folks who've had the same experience as Moe.  Sucks though, they were super nice folks.  Not the how do we say......dirty sweatpant...kind of folks :lol:  :bc: 

Yeah no doubt, they were always great anytime I was there. Like they say, the good die young so ol dirty sweatpants will live forever. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah no doubt, they were always great anytime I was there. Like they say, the good die young so ol dirty sweatpants will live forever. :lol:

Does that mean Marie in Kokadjo will too ?

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Does that mean Marie in Kokadjo will too ?

Probably......I love Marie!!!!! We were there last year twice last year. First time time they were slammed. Marie goes to one table tells and group of guys that have been there for a while " get up these folks need a place to sit and eat." The second time it was dead and she sat and talked with us while we ate lunch.