Spring Riding in Northern MN

I fit 10 beers in my tunnel bag, got 6 of em

down before the bolt fell out of my skid!! 

Got home and decided to switch over to southern Cokes, luckily I got a liquor store next door to my house!!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jet said:

I fit 10 beers in my tunnel bag, got 6 of em

down before the bolt fell out of my skid!! 

Got home and decided to switch over to southern Cokes, luckily I got a liquor store next door to my house!!!

I drank too much today....sled is on the trailer now. I know my limits....my mom and dad were happy to pick me up lol

19 hours ago, Edmo said:

My sled is covered with mud and dirt from last weekends riding. Trying to get out of Newberry was a bit ugly for a mile or so.

Nothing the hose can’t fix.

It was deep for us last weekend, no mud :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It was deep for us last weekend, no mud :bc: 

Oh 90% of what we rode was excellent. That first mile or 2 out of Newberry going towards grand Marais is always beat up. At least every time I’ve been there. 

Looks like fun Ben. Its been snowing almost non stop around south central AK for the last month. A little north of wasilla there is 10’ of snow in the hills. Its like every 3rd day it snows a foot up there. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks like fun Ben. Its been snowing almost non stop around south central AK for the last month. A little north of wasilla there is 10’ of snow in the hills. Its like every 3rd day it snows a foot up there. 

Riding into June I assume!!!

47 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Riding into June I assume!!!

A few places maybe. Sometimes May is so warm and sunny that 6’ of snow will melt in hust a few weeks. Then you have to ride dirt for a bit before you get back into the hills. 

Ive ridden Whittier in June a few times. June 10th was the latest ive ridden but lots of guys ride past that. 

28 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A few places maybe. Sometimes May is so warm and sunny that 6’ of snow will melt in hust a few weeks. Then you have to ride dirt for a bit before you get back into the hills. 

Ive ridden Whittier in June a few times. June 10th was the latest ive ridden but lots of guys ride past that. 

We rode the first weekend of june near sicamous a few yrs ago....was pretty hard on sleds to get to snow. 

23 hours ago, f7ben said:

I love late season riding. In 325 miles I have only seen one other sled that wasn't with our group. Faggots all put their sleds away as soon as it warms up

Thanks for the call.............  faggot!        :bigfinger: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, jammin said:

Thanks for the call.............  faggot!        :bigfinger: 

No one can get you up to the UP, no way is @f7ben getting you up to NE Minnesota :lol::bc: 

Maybe someday we will get you into some real snow, goat paths, and out on Mother Superiors ice :bc: 

IMG_6042.JPG

IMG_6051.JPG

IMG_6073 (1).JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No one can get you up to the UP, no way is @f7ben getting you up to NE Minnesota :lol::bc: 

Maybe someday we will get you into some real snow, goat paths, and out on Mother Superiors ice :bc: 

:lol: -  Yeah, I like to keep money in WI-  But the saddlebag you texted me about next year my wife said..... hell yeah- lets do it  :bc: 

We had some deep (er) snow......  Apex had a problem in it tho  :lol: 

FB_IMG_1521032038582.jpg

11 hours ago, jammin said:

:lol: -  Yeah, I like to keep money in WI-  But the saddlebag you texted me about next year my wife said..... hell yeah- lets do it  :bc: 

We had some deep (er) snow......  Apex had a problem in it tho  :lol: 

FB_IMG_1521032038582.jpg

Very cool to hear that Monica's in, figure around Valentines Day next year :bc: 

• Like 1

It's prolly pretty safe to assume when people look at bens cfr 1000 they have not rode a cfr 1000 so maybe it looks innocent, believe me those Cfr 1000 are monsters!!! We're talking the hair on the back of your neck raises and your toes curl when you hit the flipper. They fucking scream all the way to 120+ mph

40 minutes ago, Jet said:

It's prolly pretty safe to assume when people look at bens cfr 1000 they have not rode a cfr 1000 so maybe it looks innocent, believe me those Cfr 1000 are monsters!!! We're talking the hair on the back of your neck raises and your toes curl when you hit the flipper. They fucking scream all the way to 120+ mph

I dont know about all this hair raising talk etc :lol: but they pull as harder than any stock sled I have ridden after about 60 mph all the way through to high one teens 

I think my zrt will be faster top to bottom when I make just a few more small clutching changes 

I know my f10 was crazy corner to corner mid range once I figured it out. Never seen nothing like it before or since. 1000 is a low rpm agriculture motor. But it gets to peak and stays and doesn't stray. Very consistent!! As long as the power valves are spot on

Just now, Jet said:

I know my f10 was crazy corner to corner mid range once I figured it out. Never seen nothing like it before or since. 1000 is a low rpm agriculture motor. But it gets to peak and stays and doesn't stray. Very consistent!! As long as the power valves are spot on

I'm gonna fix that low rpm thing this summer :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rumor has it trails up north are getting hashed.  Pretty fucked around here now.  It may just be over.  Another late start and an early finish.  Wow.

It was pretty standard to good for me. We usually arent riding past about this time of the year and my first ride was 2nd week of december