Sidewinder

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is a marina here that used to sell Cats and I know the owner fairly well and he said the amount they make on a new sled doesn't amount to much of anything...maybe why they stopped selling sleds. 

There are few snowmobile dealers by me now. There used to be a lot more. One newer Motorsports store by me quit selling them after about 2 years. Have to drive an hour or 2 to get to a decent one anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

There are few snowmobile dealers by me now. There used to be a lot more. One newer Motorsports store by me quit selling them after about 2 years. Have to drive an hour or 2 to get to a decent one anymore. 

X2. But the dealers around here needed to close they were so bad. That Shaumburg motorsports was the worst dealer I ever saw. Couldn’t even walk in and buy a jug of oil or carbides. “We’ll order that for you sir” :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

X2. But the dealers around here needed to close they were so bad. That Shaumburg motorsports was the worst dealer I ever saw. Couldn’t even walk in and buy a jug of oil or carbides. “We’ll order that for you sir” :lol: 

True, most we're shit anyway. I grew up near highlands Yamaha and have been doing business with them since the 80's. They were probably the best but I have been ripped off by them too. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

In the late 90's there was a Cat dealer here and 14 miles south in East Jordan there were Ski Doo, Yamaha, and Cat/Polaris dealers and in particular Galmores Ski Doo Barn had been around for 3 generations....they also sold Hondas and I believe Stihl. Out of all of the these the only one left is T and R Yamaha formerly known as Vincent's...guessing they mostly stay in business by selling Bikes and ATVs. They also have out of this world customer service. Dry Harbor Marina in Charlevoix dropped Cat but their bread and butter has always been boat sales and service.

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

At 2:23... lifting the skis at 80.... :lol:

That vid truly shows how awesome a 1200 is. Cat wouldnt sell very many sidewinders/t cats if doo wouldve put a turbo on it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

That vid truly shows how awesome a 1200 is. Cat wouldnt sell very many sidewinders/t cats if doo wouldve put a turbo on it. 

My sled is geared for 101 mph. An R-TX would be too embarrassing to post.

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

All im saying is  a 1200 is an over achiever.... Shame doo never turboed it. You would probably have that instead I'm guessing. :bc:

On 3/17/2018 at 8:50 AM, Nazipigdog said:

What's wrong with driving fifteen minutes?

https://www.shorewoodhomeandauto.com/

54 minutes ago, Snake said:

Sorry we missed u boys I rode w Perm and Legend down to 15 mile stream for breakfast

27 minutes ago, DAVE said:

All im saying is  a 1200 is an over achiever.... Shame doo never turboed it. You would probably have that instead I'm guessing. :bc:

I rode Perms 900 Renegade for a few miles today.  Amazing the pace you can carry w that sled.  

20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What's wrong with driving fifteen minutes?

https://www.shorewoodhomeandauto.com/

I've been going there but there service is off and on. And no deals on sleds. Dan used to work there he said the guy is a crook. I've been trying to give them a chance since they are so close to me. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Sorry we missed u boys I rode w Perm and Legend down to 15 mile stream for breakfast

I rode Perms 900 Renegade for a few miles today.  Amazing the pace you can carry w that sled.  

Yes they go well....but the 1200 is more planted and has alot more grunt....i didnt realize how much more it had till i hopped on both the same day.... riding both hard...there is not much difference in fuel usage....with 900 being slightly better.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Yeah.

No.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Honked on the way by.

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm guessing cat paid doo not to release a 1200T. That would have been the end of the sidewinder sales

The Lester's say the 900t is the best turbo ever. They know snowmobiles.