Assault weapons ban?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Curious as to the feeling of the member American's on what should be done on weapons allowable to own.   Not talking about increased background checks or training or registration.  What should a ban of any nature look like.

1. Ban all "assault rifles" but let those already out there keep them?

2. Ban all "assault rifles" and force those in circulation to be turned in. (Not important on whether or not they are paid to turn them in)

3. Ban all semi-automatics all together.  Pistols, shotguns, rifles.  

Personally I think we should be allowed to own anything law enforcement can.   If you want to ban fully auto weapons from us then the police and FBI and ATF shouldn't have them either.  

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Curious as to the feeling of the member American's on what should be done on weapons allowable to own.   Not talking about increased background checks or training or registration.  What should a ban of any nature look like.

2. Ban all "assault rifles" and force those in circulation to be turned in. (Not important on whether or not they are paid to turn them in)

Personally I think we should be allowed to own anything law enforcement can.   If you want to ban fully auto weapons from us then the police and FBI and ATF shouldn't have them either.  

They can never find them all.

Just now, Legend said:

They can never find them all.

I agree.   I'm just curious on the pro weapons ban people as to how far it should go.  

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm another vote for none of the above.  

You know you aren't going to get any real answers here from the board libs.  They don't have answers, only problems they like to cry about.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm another vote for none of the above.  

You know you aren't going to get any real answers here from the board libs.  They don't have answers, only problems they like to cry about.

they'd like to answer with: 'repeal the second amendment.'

Edited by oleroule

up here they banned ak's and the likes. they were just rifles with no bullshit, but after, they were banned and those that had them now owned restricted weapons(gun ranges only). mag capacities were limited to 5rds. those that had others were to destroy or pin them.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Ban everything but muzzle loaders, sling shots and boomerangs  :thumb:    :lol: 

Ok...let's hold the phone here.....We definately need some stiffer regulations on boomerangs.  A 6 month mental evaluation would work well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

up here they banned ak's and the likes. they were just rifles with no bullshit, but after, they were banned and those that had them now owned restricted weapons(gun ranges only). mag capacities were limited to 5rds. those that had others were to destroy or pin them.

My 22's hold 16.

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

My 22's hold 16.

until last year, there was no laws restricting mag capacity of rim  fires. everyone and their dog had 50's for their 10/22's. then BAM! our fairy prime minister and his gestapo ruled them illegal. BTW, he's not my prime minister. hahaha. out west we hate the frollicking faggot

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

I agree.   I'm just curious on the pro weapons ban people as to how far it should go.  

@revkevsdi 

Who else here is for an all out ban besides Tupperware boy?

30 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

got ya

The Springfield was my dads squirrel gun, vintage 1936, it holds 16 Long Rifles or 18-19 shorts if I recall correctly, the Winchester and Henry I believe hold 18 L.R.s.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

The Springfield was my dads squirrel gun, vintage 1936, it holds 16 Long Rifles or 18-19 shorts if I recall correctly, the Winchester and Henry I believe hold 18 L.R.s.

Ok , thought ya were talking about the marlin