Teachers with guns

WUt?

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.” Pridgen said whatever hit the student was not a bullet.

However, the student’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW 8that it was his understanding that fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged in the boy’s neck. The father said the teacher told the class before pointing the gun at the ceiling that he was doing so to make sure his gun wasn’t loaded, something that can be determined visually.

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

A School Resource Officer apparently

Who also happens to be a reserve police officer :lol: 

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/03/14/a-us-teacher-accidentally-fired-his-gun-in-the-classroom-he-was-trained-in-gun-use.html

barney-fife-gun.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

WUt?

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.” Pridgen said whatever hit the student was not a bullet.

However, the student’s father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW 8that it was his understanding that fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged in the boy’s neck. The father said the teacher told the class before pointing the gun at the ceiling that he was doing so to make sure his gun wasn’t loaded, something that can be determined visually.

Yes , visually. When you see a flame shoot out the barrel it was loaded. Maybe you guys are right. Teachers are too chucking stupid

50 minutes ago, oleroule said:

what kind of moron doesn't check the firearm BEFORE entering the classroom?

Plenty of teachers aren't nearly as smart as they think they are and common sense isn't very common.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Liberals are scared of everything 

Liberals aren’t the ones wanting guns in classrooms or spending a trillion dollars on the military. Someone is afraid, but it’s not liberals. 

2 hours ago, oleroule said:

what kind of moron doesn't check the firearm BEFORE entering the classroom?

Who checks to see if a gun is loaded by pulling trigger?  :lol: I guess I could visually look to see if a bullet is in the chamber, but this is way smarter.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Who checks to see if a gun is loaded by pulling trigger?  :lol: I guess I could visually look to see if a bullet is in the chamber, but this is way smarter.

This is why people I don’t know aren’t allowed to handle firearms around me.  Years ago I had some fuck head put one through the floor of his closet into the kitchen downstairs while he was showing off his new toy.  Fucking idiots.  Both our wives were having wine when it pierced the floor 8 feet away from them.  He burned the fucking steaks on the grill later than night to top it off.  Unreal.  

“BrYan” with a “Y”.  SMFH!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is why people I don’t know aren’t allowed to handle firearms around me.  Years ago I had some fuck head put one through the floor of his closet into the kitchen downstairs while he was showing off his new toy.  Fucking idiots.  Both our wives were having wine when it pierced the floor 8 feet away from them.  He burned the fucking steaks on the grill later than night to top it off.  Unreal.  

“BrYan” with a “Y”.  SMFH!!!!!!!

We have a rental house at the end of our street. Last year the renter shot his buddy in the face, showing him his new gun.   We had police everywhere searching for the dummy, who ran off and was threatening to shoot himself.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We have a rental house at the end of our street. Last year the renter shot his buddy in the face, showing him his new gun.   We had police everywhere searching for the dummy, who ran off and was threatening to shoot himself.

It really is astonishing.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Liberals aren’t the ones wanting guns in classrooms or spending a trillion dollars on the military. Someone is afraid, but it’s not liberals. 

Yes liberals are afraid of everything