Steven Hawking won't be down for breakfast.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

What are you trying to say here?

The govt has the means to keep important people alive with serious diseases.   I mean look at Magic Johnson.  I mean explain how he is still alive and Tommy Morrison is dead. :lol: 

I'm joking of course.  

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

What are you trying to say here?

I'm not saying anything. I just don't think he lived 53 years with ALS. He's the only person to ever do it. I also think it's hilarious that people like Neal think we have technology that is able to translate your thoughts into speech. Where is this technology with others who can't speak or hear? 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

I'm not saying anything. I just don't think he lived 53 years with ALS. He's the only person to ever do it. I also think it's hilarious that people like Neal think we have technology that is able to translate your thoughts into speech. Where is this technology with others who can't speak or hear? 

He speaks by typing dude.

https://blog.swiftkey.com/swiftkey-reveals-role-professor-stephen-hawkings-communication-system/

• Gold Member
Just now, jtssrx said:

He had no use of his hands after this video was created. He supposedly used his cheek to do this but he didn't type as you claimed

Holy hell, bro. The article I posted clearly stated he typed with his cheek muscle. The entire premise of the article was that swiftkey was able to make that process considerably easier on him. So as I said, he types.....just not conventionally.

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

He had no use of his hands after this video was created. He supposedly used his cheek to do this but he didn't type as you claimed

Holy fuck dude....seek help.  :lol:   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Holy fuck dude....seek help.  :lol:   

Yes, I should seek help. meanwhile, you and every other sheep on this forum believe Stephen Hawking lived 53 years with ALS. Even better yet Neal thinks ALS had zero effect on Hawking's mind and he was able to conduct lectures. LMAO!!!!

YOU ARE ALL SHEEP

17 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

saw one on amazon a few minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Yes, I should seek help. meanwhile, you and every other sheep on this forum believe Stephen Hawking lived 53 years with ALS. Even better yet Neal thinks ALS had zero effect on Hawking's mind and he was able to conduct lectures. LMAO!!!!

YOU ARE ALL SHEEP

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/14/how-did-stephen-hawking-live-so-long-als/423313002/

University of Pennsylvania associate neurology professor Leo McCluskey told Scientific American that Hawking's type of ALS may be similar to juvenile-onset disorder, which progresses "very, very, very slowly."

"I have patients in my clinic who were diagnosed in their teens and are still alive in their 40s, 50s or 60s," said McCluskey, who added slow-progressing ALS occurs "less than a few percent" of the time. 

McCluskey, however, told Scientific American it's possible to live on if you can avoid respiratory problems and the weakening of swallowing muscles, two main determinants of life expectancy.

The man brought some of the most epic and interesting theories to us.  A powerful, intelligent think-base for sure.  I think his earlier stuff was really good.  His last years, like most that age, had some bizarre, over the top and "fruit-cakey" statements.  Wasn't sure if it was just a bizarre sense of humor or what though.

A couple of my favorite quotes [paraphrased]:

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to a changing environment."

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a tiny planet of a very average star."

"The biggest enemy of intelligence isn't ignorance but, illusions of knowledge."

RIP.

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

It's like shooting fish in a barrel with you guys. 

He's a complete miracle right. He lived 50 years longer than any other person with his condition right. 

Good healthcare and millions of dollars worth of attached gadgets has that effect.  

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The man brought some of the most epic and interesting theories to us.  A powerful, intelligent think-base for sure.  I think his earlier stuff was really good.  His last years, like most that age, had some bizarre, over the top and "fruit-cakey" statements.  Wasn't sure if it was just a bizarre sense of humor or what though.

A couple of my favorite quotes [paraphrased]:

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to a changing environment."

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a tiny planet of a very average star."

"The biggest enemy of intelligence isn't ignorance but, illusions of knowledge."

RIP.

Proven on a daily basis around here! :thumbsup:

• Like 1