The Kids are Walking.

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If you believe the students voices have had no impact you are foolishly ignorant.

Neal

What impact will it have?  What will change? 

I think a sit in would have more impact.

If after the bell rings and kids are not leaving, I would think they were really serious.

Local politician wants to charge parents 500 a pop for bullying incidents.

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

little impact at most, practically none in the grand scheme of things.  

You know what'd make a great experiment?  All kids across the country get rid of their "social media" and cell phones for a month.  That'd show far better results than a 17 minute walk out.  These kids are so miss-guided it's sickening.

Ignorance.

Neal

Just now, Cold War said:

If after the bell rings and kids are not leaving, I would think they were really serious.

It's already changed laws in Florida.

I like the idea of extending some punishment to parents.  

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If you believe the students voices have had no impact you are foolishly ignorant.

Neal

Yeah...go with that....they would be better served giving them the day off to help out in the community or visiting senior centers..tangible things. 

Just now, hayward said:

pompous

Neal really has this idea that he is some sort of high level intellectual and the rest of us are rubes....guy is an annoying fucking twat.

• Like 1

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Our school already has a Senior center visiting policy.  

I will go with that.  :bc:

Neal

Very proud of ya....this walkout thing is still just sound and fury signifying nothing.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Don't act like a fucking schmuck and you won't get called out on it.  :bc:

You need a safe space, snowflake?

Neal

So disagreeing with you is acting like a schmuck?

Thanks for proving my point about you Plains Slinger.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's already changed laws in Florida.

I like the idea of extending some punishment to parents.  

Neal

I'm sure it didn't hurt, but after 17 kids being shot, change was coming.  People want action, regardless of results.

As much as I wish some parents would take an active interest in their children....I question who and how we would determine or define bullying.

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I'm sure it didn't hurt, but after 17 kids being shot, change was coming.  People want action, regardless of results.

As much as I wish some parents would take an active interest in their children....I question who and how we would determine or define bullying.

It helped, and their impact is far from over.

So what are you saying?  Do nothing?  

Neal

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Well considering this crowd jumps to calling younger gernerations snowflakes etc at a moments notice.  I doubt any attempt at calling out bullies would be meted with respect.  On any other thread you would claim that a good old fist fight would solve everything. 

This walkout is effective, it’s had people on here talking about the issues. It’s had media coverage.  A few percentage points wins elections.  If 80-90% of kid rally behind one message and actually vote against Candidates that are owned by the NRA, you may see some changes.  

14 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It helped, and their impact is far from over.

So what are you saying?  Do nothing?  

Neal

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well considering this crowd jumps to calling younger gernerations snowflakes etc at a moments notice.  I doubt any attempt at calling out bullies would be meted with respect.  On any other thread you would claim that a good old fist fight would solve everything

This walkout is effective, it’s had people on here talking about the issues. It’s had media coverage.  A few percentage points wins elections.  If 80-90% of kid rally behind one message and actually vote against Candidates that are owned by the NRA, you may see some changes.  

9_9   Good lord.   How about arguing your position, instead of assigning me one to argue against.

I have given several examples  in which the students could have a bigger impact than walking out of class for 17 minutes.  Don't tell me that kids don't know who is being bullied and picked on in their schools.  A lot of times all it takes is one kid or teacher to make a difference in a kids life.  I have personally seen it happen. Real  Change comes at a small local level and spreads, not the other way around. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

9_9   Good lord.   How about arguing your position, instead of assigning me one to argue against.

I have given several examples  in which the students could have a bigger impact than walking out of class for 17 minutes.  Don't tell me that kids don't know who is being bullied and picked on in their schools.  A lot of times all it takes is one kid or teacher to make a difference in a kids life.  I have personally seen it happen. Real  Change comes at a small local level and spreads, not the other way around. 

You didn’t come up with the idea of “hey kids why not talk to the kids being bullied instead of a nation wide walk out “.  On your own. You read it on social media. It’s all part of the nra marketing plan to change the conversation from gun control. 

This is getting attention and it is exactly what the nra always want to avoid.  Debate about gun control.  

Btw this is another case of the right complaining about free speech.  A non violent protest is planned and you have issues with it. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What process is that....the style over substance process....yeah great lesson. 

:yawn:

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

:thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You didn’t come up with the idea of “hey kids why not talk to the kids being bullied instead of a nation wide walk out “.  On your own. You read it on social media. It’s all part of the nra marketing plan to change the conversation from gun control. 

This is getting attention and it is exactly what the nra always want to avoid.  Debate about gun control.  

Btw this is another case of the right complaining about free speech.  A non violent protest is planned and you have issues with it. 

Not sure why I bothered.  You are a nut case. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What process is that....the style over substance process....yeah great lesson. 

Beat me to it.  Or close enough.  Your response had less laughter tho.

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Good for you, Neal!

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ignorance.

Neal

I’m really proud of you!

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Not sure why I bothered.  You are a nut case. 

He’s a flaming idiot.

This is nothing more than our liberal education system teaching protest without solution.

BTW, the two high schools in my area are doing it.  She just told me it’s dumb because nobody knows what they are really walking out about.  “GUNS!!!!”

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Beat me to it.  Or close enough.  Your response had less laughter tho.

Good for you, Neal!

Yep.

I’m really proud of you!

He’s a flaming idiot.

This is nothing more than our liberal education system teaching protest without solution.

BTW, the two high schools in my area are doing it.  She just told me it’s dumb because nobody knows what they are really walking out about.  “GUNS!!!!”

Well, if anything he is good example of the toxicity of bullying and how the effects can last well into adulthood.  Incapable of interacting with people on a normal basis.

His thought process is so out of whack, I don't even know how to respond. It is like two different  conversations are going on.