The Kids are Walking.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

David Baker

17 hrs ·

In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes demanded that the Spartans give up their weapons. King Leonidas responded with the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (molon labe) which meant "Come and take them." This led to the Battle of Thermopylae, in which a small group of Greek warriors held off a far superior group of Persians for three days.

Similarly, in 1831, the Mexican army gave a small piece of field artillery to settlers in Gonzales, Texas, to help them fend off Indian attacks. At the onset of the Texas Revolution, the Mexican army asked for the cannon back. In response, the settlers raised a homemade flag with an image of the weapon and the words "Come and Take It" emblazoned across it.

The twin phrases "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ/molon labe" and "Come and Take It" have become synonymous with the promotion of the Second Amendment and other fundamental liberties. They are antithetical to the idea of unilateral disarmament.

Today, snowflakes across the country walked out of class to protest "gun violence" and demand new confiscatory gun laws. The poorly informed young woman in the photo was part of today's Tide Pod Walkout. Note the slogan (and date) on her shirt, and the protest sign in her hands.

Seriously--this is the most ironic photo I've seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, HSR said:
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

David Baker

17 hrs ·

In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes demanded that the Spartans give up their weapons. King Leonidas responded with the phrase ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (molon labe) which meant "Come and take them." This led to the Battle of Thermopylae, in which a small group of Greek warriors held off a far superior group of Persians for three days.

Similarly, in 1831, the Mexican army gave a small piece of field artillery to settlers in Gonzales, Texas, to help them fend off Indian attacks. At the onset of the Texas Revolution, the Mexican army asked for the cannon back. In response, the settlers raised a homemade flag with an image of the weapon and the words "Come and Take It" emblazoned across it.

The twin phrases "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ/molon labe" and "Come and Take It" have become synonymous with the promotion of the Second Amendment and other fundamental liberties. They are antithetical to the idea of unilateral disarmament.

Today, snowflakes across the country walked out of class to protest "gun violence" and demand new confiscatory gun laws. The poorly informed young woman in the photo was part of today's Tide Pod Walkout. Note the slogan (and date) on her shirt, and the protest sign in her hands.

Seriously--this is the most ironic photo I've seen in a long time.

Fantastic.  Just fantastic.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

A lot of kids of Dump supporters are soft...just like their parents :lmao: Back to blaming teachers.....Daddy...Mr. Jones said we could walk out.....he's gonna take away our guns.......Daddy complains to the school.....enabler and soft :thumbsup:

Said the coward of the forum.  Dude, you're such a hypocritical panty waste.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Said the coward of the forum.  Dude, you're such a hypocritical panty waste.  

:lmao: Who :owned: you whenever I post :lol: 

You're soft and an enabler :thumbsup:

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: Who :owned: you whenever I post :lol: 

You're soft and an enabler :thumbsup:

Again, describe what I am "enabling"?

:lol:

You poor thing.  You think your kids are out there making a difference for your team.  Oh....and they are!   Just like you do here!  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Again, describe what I am "enabling"?

:lol:

You poor thing.  You think your kids are out there making a difference for your team.  Oh....and they are!   Just like you do here!  :lmao:

You're soft and weak - your drivel here proves it :lmao: Frenetically posting in every thread while locking lips with Dump :lmao: 

You're special.....just ask yourself. :lmao: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

You're soft and weak - your drivel here proves it :lmao: Frenetically posting in every thread while locking lips with Dump :lmao: 

You're special.....just ask yourself. :lmao: 

Prove it.  Show me.  Show "the class".

And AGAIN....what am I enabling?  Or don't you know what that word means?  "intellectually elite!"  :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don't worry about how he raises his kid you stupid twat.

STFU and stop with your intellectual dishonesty you pissed fuck up :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My daughter just came home and said it's a mess.  Many students are shaming the teachers for them taking advantage of their position and using the 17 that were murdered to get the kids to make a political statement.  One teacher had to leave the class apparently.  Now there's more talk of some sort of "pro-constitution" rally walk-out.  Of course, this is all but being put down by the same teachers that were just talking about constitutional rights but a few days ago.  The tables have also turned on the ones doing the "shaming" and threateneing yesterday towards the ones that didn't walk out.

Holy shit.  The schools are now divided.  No...this was a really good idea.  Really smart!  Unreal.

Holy shit. I bet you were really close to going down to the school today and giving them a piece of your mind.

You'd show those intellectual elites not to come looking to you for validation.

How dare those kids get pissy about kids getting shot in school and organize peaceful protests. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Holy shit. I bet you were really close to going down to the school today and giving them a piece of your mind.

You'd show those intellectual elites not to come looking to you for validation.

How dare those kids get pissy about kids getting shot in school and organize peaceful protests. 

:bc:

Trannyboy :owned: 

:lmao: Spot the fuck on 👍

Kids at my daughters school were arguing about the intent of the walkout and what exactly it was supposed to be in support of....kindness, gun control, school violence in general...arguments, finger pointing....rousing success. SMFH.

Our school district put out a statement last night saying the walk out was not sanctioned, approved or organized by the district and now kids are being marked absent for missing classes. :lol:

Pretty clear this stunt to promote a political agenda has completely backfired.  There’s no doubt in my mind the parents questioning the motives and the students pushing for their own “Constitutional Rights” walk out is putting this all in the reverse slot.

To quote a very regarded member here:  Ooooops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our district put out a letter before the walkout explaining their position and why it was going to be allowed including the logistics.  No issues before, during, or after. :bc: 

18 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Our district put out a letter before the walkout explaining their position and why it was going to be allowed including the logistics.  No issues before, during, or after. :bc: 

Post it.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Post it.

Here is the email we received.

Dear Parents and Guardians, 

Tomorrow, March 14th, has become a day for students nationwide to participate with a larger community to stand in support of school safety and remember their fellow students from Parkland, Florida.  Students at Buffalo Grove High School may be participating in this event as part of the national student-led effort following the tragic event in Florida and others preceding it. 

Safety is our top priority for this event, and we have been working with the Buffalo Grove Police Department to develop a safety plan for the day to ensure that those students who choose to exit the building are safe and protected.  It is important to note that this is a student-led, student only event. 

We will not prohibit our students from walking out during this scheduled event. However, we also are encouraging students to be respectful of their peers and school facilities. We have communicated this to them directly.

If students choose to walk out, we fully expect them to return to class as soon as it is over and to behave appropriately. We will not mark them absent unless they miss the majority of the class period. 

As always, the safety and security of students and staff is our priority. 

Sincerely, 

Principal Wardle

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Post it.

March 9th, 2018

Re: March 14th 

Dear Parents/Guardians, 

As you may know, organizers of the Women’s March are promoting a “National School Walkout” at 10:00 a.m. on March 14th, 2018. The purpose, as stated, is to “demand Congress pass legislation to keep us safe from gun violence at our schools, on our streets and in our homes and places of worship.”  This National Walkout has been called in response to the tragic shootings that took place at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. 

Since learning of this National Walkout, I have been in close contact with our teachers, asking what they’ve heard about the walkout from our students.  I have also met with leaders of our Student Council. Additionally, I have met with any student who has wanted to discuss the walkout.

While I believe that we all support creating safer schools, I recognize there are a variety of ways in which this can be accomplished.  As the principal, I believe the best way to prevent violence in schools is by establishing a safe and nurturing environment for students and staff by focusing on positive relationships.   

Our emphasis on relationships began long before the first day of school as suggested by the following efforts: 

• Prior to the students returning to school in September, I challenged our staff to focus on creating relationships with our students for the first three days of school instead of jumping into the curriculum!

• Our administration and student services department also implemented Link Crew this year, a transitional support program designed to ease the transition of incoming 9th graders by empowering and supporting upperclassmen to support our 9th graders throughout the school year.  

• The District has also expanded its excellent cadre of Student Services Staff at the high school to include: two School Counselors, two Social Workers, and one School Psychologist.  While some of these positions are shared across the District, they are always working to support our students!

After hearing from our students, staff, and other educational leaders across the state, we have decided to allow students to exercise their objection to the tragic loss of life and violence in our schools with their peers if they so desire.  However, we ask that they keep in mind the following: 

• Anyone participating in the walkout must do so peacefully, without causing a disruption to our learning environment.

• We ask that any student participating in the walkout gather in the courtyard, nearest the student parking lot.  

• We ask that students participating in the walkout return to class for the start of 4th period (10:28am).   

• Anytime a student is absent from class, they are losing out on important learning opportunities.  Students will need to make arrangements for the work/content missed during the time they miss.

While a peaceful protest can stand for a variety of purposes, as educators, we would like to encourage students to think and act locally.  Some ways we would like to see our students act locally include:

• Walk-up and support those in need; talk with someone you normally don’t talk to.

• Express their viewpoints and concerns with local elected official.

• Share with our student leaders and staff any concerns and suggestions for improving the culture at WHS.  

• Be mindful of the words you use and THINK (Is it True? Is it Helpful? Is it Inspiring? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind?) before you speak.

• Reach out to those you care about.  

• Celebrate our differences - challenge yourself by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.  

To support our students through this process, we’re asking that our parents also talk with their children about this day and the learning opportunity events surrounding it.  Here is an excellent resource for parents, “ Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers”, by the National Association of School Psychologists.   

As always, if you have questions about the information in this letter or anything related, please give me a call

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Here is the email we received.

Dear Parents and Guardians, 

Tomorrow, March 14th, has become a day for students nationwide to participate with a larger community to stand in support of school safety and remember their fellow students from Parkland, Florida.  Students at Buffalo Grove High School may be participating in this event as part of the national student-led effort following the tragic event in Florida and others preceding it. 

Safety is our top priority for this event, and we have been working with the Buffalo Grove Police Department to develop a safety plan for the day to ensure that those students who choose to exit the building are safe and protected.  It is important to note that this is a student-led, student only event. 

We will not prohibit our students from walking out during this scheduled event. However, we also are encouraging students to be respectful of their peers and school facilities. We have communicated this to them directly.

If students choose to walk out, we fully expect them to return to class as soon as it is over and to behave appropriately. We will not mark them absent unless they miss the majority of the class period. 

As always, the safety and security of students and staff is our priority. 

Sincerely, 

Principal Wardle

His was a quality, informative and reasonable notice. i do wonder why it was put out the day before though.  Our district really ducked this up.  This area is pretty liberal.  Like, San Francisco style liberal.  But, lots of pick-up trucks to counter.

:lol: Most kids did not even know why they were walking out other then everyone else was and the faculty was corralling them out the doors  SMH

"Student movement" where the school had to put out letters and emails telling the kids why they wanted to walk out? 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Most kids did not even know why they were walking out other then everyone else was and the faculty was corralling them out the doors  SMH

"Student movement" where the school had to put out letters and emails telling the kids why they wanted to walk out? 

It was to inform parents of the schools position you stupid fuck.  Now STFU and move a long.  You’re try8ng too hard again and are best as the forum wall flower - not an active participant. :lmao: 

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

His was a quality, informative and reasonable notice. i do wonder why it was put out the day before though.  Our district really ducked this up.  This area is pretty liberal.  Like, San Francisco style liberal.  But, lots of pick-up trucks to counter.

I really like him. Always visible and willing to talk. Shows up to all the sporting and educational events after school. Effective leader and a good guy.