Sled and ATV trailers

Taillight

The Blizzard trailers are great quality. I have the snow squall for our sleds with lots of room for 2. They have the Nor Easter with a blunt nose for ATV's with a less tapered profile than snowmobiles.

Capture.JPG

I have always had galvanized or aluminum trailers. I was looking at a few that had steel frames(undercarriage) how long before it rots?

one guy said that he had to weld in a patch on a steel frame. another guy said he sand blasted the underside and paints it with rust paint. is it worth it to wait for aluminum?

44 minutes ago, Taillight said:

I have always had galvanized or aluminum trailers. I was looking at a few that had steel frames(undercarriage) how long before it rots?

one guy said that he had to weld in a patch on a steel frame. another guy said he sand blasted the underside and paints it with rust paint. is it worth it to wait for aluminum?

Yes aluminum is worth it.

Resale is way better on a good high end aluminum trailer.

9 hours ago, Taillight said:

I would go all alum.  I have a steel utility trailer as well (Miska), its solid, but the salt will run its course and you will regret it. 

I haven't been trailer shopping, fuck man are these expensive. and there is nothing in the used market. I will have to wait till sept or oct, when people start to trade in or sell. I did find a few in the us. older 4 place aluminum covered, with gull wings at either end. almost like a stretched trition aluminum like in the pictures above in the other post 8.5x20 but at $1.35 conversion, it is not a deal anymore

1 hour ago, Taillight said:

I haven't been trailer shopping, fuck man are these expensive. and there is nothing in the used market. I will have to wait till sept or oct, when people start to trade in or sell. I did find a few in the us. older 4 place aluminum covered, with gull wings at either end. almost like a stretched trition aluminum like in the pictures above in the other post 8.5x20 but at $1.35 conversion, it is not a deal anymore

At least nothing worthwhile.  Good luck.  

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I liked at them for the hybrid, good prices,  have no info on quality.

They stand behind anything they build/sell. I've bought three trailers off them with no issues and soon to be buying a galvanized boat trailer for my 14ft alum.

11 hours ago, smokin george said:

They stand behind anything they build/sell. I've bought three trailers off them with no issues and soon to be buying a galvanized boat trailer for my 14ft alum.

We have a galvanized Excalibur deck over utility trailer and it's built like a tank (in a good way).

On August 10, 2016 at 6:40 AM, smokin george said:

I've got a 7x19 and only fit two 136" or two atvs Aluminum is the way to go.

We have a 7X18 plus the 4' V nose. If we drive two snowmobiles straight in, it only fits two machines. If you back the second machine in, you can fit a third inside. We once fit 4 sleds in it once, but that was with towels and blankets between then, only one machine was a long track also. Nothing was tied down either that time. 

5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Get an 8.5' wide trailer.  I honestly have no idea why a snowmobiler would buy a trailer any narrower.  I laugh when I see the guys backing them in, etc. 

Narrow trailer is easier to tow. 

Also use to be quite the saving when you bought one that was narrow....I know there was when I bought my car trailer years ago, glad I went with the wider one, I was considering the narrow version to save a few bucks. 

Easier to tow?  If your tow vehicle can handle a 7 foot wide trailer, but not an 8.5 wide one....... the trailer is the least of your troubles!  And if you need extended mirrors, no big issue. 

I don't see snowmobiles getting narrower anytime soon, so I can't fathom not being able to park two of them side by side.  That's just me. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Easier to tow?  If your tow vehicle can handle a 7 foot wide trailer, but not an 8.5 wide one....... the trailer is the least of your troubles!  And if you need extended mirrors, no big issue. 

I don't see snowmobiles getting narrower anytime soon, so I can't fathom not being able to park two of them side by side.  That's just me. 

A v-nose and an inline trailer has less wind resistance....so yes its gonna be easier to tow.