Sled and ATV trailers

Taillight

It makes no sense why a personal pick up truck and enclosed trailer with a GVWR of 6,600lbs both requires a yellow sticker yet same pick up truck towing a fifth wheel travel trailer with a GVWR of 11,000lbs does not.  

No anual inspection for travel trailer.  

But feel comfortable in knowing that the outlets selling the large fifth wheel trailers can give the drivers a test and issue the driver their modified A licence to legally drive the truck / trailer combination.  No physicla required.  

19 minutes ago, Sksman said:

It makes no sense why a personal pick up truck and enclosed trailer with a GVWR of 6,600lbs both requires a yellow sticker yet same pick up truck towing a fifth wheel travel trailer with a GVWR of 11,000lbs does not.  

No anual inspection for travel trailer.  

But feel comfortable in knowing that the outlets selling the large fifth wheel trailers can give the drivers a test and issue the driver their modified A licence to legally drive the truck / trailer combination.  No physicla required.  

The dry weight on our 5th wheel was 12,500 lbs and some 70yr old can go down the hwy. Makes no sense.just bs all around

5 hours ago, smokin george said:

I've had dealings with these MTO dipshits and they can't get on the same page. Last issue recently was told to park at the scales. Officer comes out, hand over paperwork and comes back and says plates were terminated about month n a half ago. $140 ticket to the company and good to go. You would think the plates would be pulled and I'd be waiting for a big tow or another set of plates to come to the scales not drive off

I don't get it with those dipshits as you call them. The ones on hwy 10 in caledon didn't want me there. We've had no issues with the scale house on the 400. 

11 minutes ago, Stud boy said:

I don't get it with those dipshits as you call them. The ones on hwy 10 in caledon didn't want me there. We've had no issues with the scale house on the 400. 

We get checked over all the time. Open Flatbed hauling steel they like to check our loads making sure nothings loose, straps/ chains/ binders secure etc.

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

The dry weight on our 5th wheel was 12,500 lbs and some 70yr old can go down the hwy. Makes no sense.just bs all around

And no safety inspection for the truck or trailer.  No brake check.  Nothing.