Chrones sucks shit

So long story short, I have chrones disease and it required me to get the full operation in 91. It's also reason my last employer turffed me (human rights is involved in that one ).  So we haven't had a lot of snow this year except on Sunday we got a good dump ,so 4 of us went for a 120 mile ride.  The next fucking day my chrones acts up and lays me up. What a joke . Got 1 ride in. Chrones is gayer than aids 

I was dating a chick about then she got crones and for some reason it gave her a skunk stripe in her furburger lol . not to make light of it but every time I here crones I think of her skunk stripe . she was cool about it she showed any one interested in the skunk lol  .  

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I was dating a chick about then she got crones and for some reason it gave her a skunk stripe in her furburger lol . not to make light of it but every time I here crones I think of her skunk stripe . she was cool about it she showed any one interested in the skunk lol  .  

Lol. Wonder how chrones affected that 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah i heard that really sucks. aren't there some decent meds out to there now to help the battle?

Yeah, I'm on azathiaprine.  But need to get on predasone during an attack. Feels like your intestines are stuck in a blender :suicide:

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Just talked to a 70 year old friend today who has it, and is going to try iron injections tomorrow for it.  Poor guy has suffered for a long while already with this.

That sucks. Hopefully he gets it under control.  It's not fun

Sounds like you have a bad case.  Not much that you can do other than take the meds and eat well.

I'm dealing with some ulcers they think may be Crohn's.  It sucks but not nearly what you are going through.  I was on some expensive Crohn's meds that didn't work.  Now I'm on other expensive Crohn's meds that seem to be working.  Before insurance they are like $1,800 a month.

It truly is the shits and a pain in the ass.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in about 1980, age 15, had symptoms for the previous 10 years.  I have had several intestinal blockages, and a bowel resection, as has my dad and brother and first cousin....it's the main reason I decided to not father any children as they now know it is familial.    My brother and I are on the Remicade infusion therapy, big  $$$... my insurance company HATES me...cost is nearly $8,000 every 8 weeks.  It seems to be working for me for the most part, still have occasional flares which truly do suck....but if I follow my diet restrictions and keep stress at bay, I do quite well.  My folks just had to cancel a 3 week vacation abroad as my Dad had a bowel obstruction the morning they were to board the plane.  Thank God it happened before they left because an obstruction while airborne with the pressure changes of multiple take offs and landings would be unbearable...worst pain other than child birth.  He has been on Humira, but may now be onto the "newest and greatest" biological treatment Entyvio.  I hope it works, he has had crohn's for about 55 years, well before it was called crohn's and lost around 8 feet of intestine in the process along with many hospitalizations for blockages and other related problems. 

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sounds like you have a bad case.  Not much that you can do other than take the meds and eat well.

I'm dealing with some ulcers they think may be Crohn's.  It sucks but not nearly what you are going through.  I was on some expensive Crohn's meds that didn't work.  Now I'm on other expensive Crohn's meds that seem to be working.  Before insurance they are like $1,800 a month.

1800 per month? Holy shit.   Yeah ,mines a bad case.  I had a totally colectomy done in 91 ( I ended up with an ileostomy pouch) . It's not bad for the most part, but obviously has some limitations....which never stopped me when I was younger ...like racing intermediate motox lol . 

That 1800 per month....is that an injection?

6 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

It truly is the shits and a pain in the ass.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in about 1980, age 15, had symptoms for the previous 10 years.  I have had several intestinal blockages, and a bowel resection, as has my dad and brother and first cousin....it's the main reason I decided to not father any children as they now know it is familial.    My brother and I are on the Remicade infusion therapy, big  $$$... my insurance company HATES me...cost is nearly $8,000 every 8 weeks.  It seems to be working for me for the most part, still have occasional flares which truly do suck....but if I follow my diet restrictions and keep stress at bay, I do quite well.  My folks just had to cancel a 3 week vacation abroad as my Dad had a bowel obstruction the morning they were to board the plane.  Thank God it happened before they left because an obstruction while airborne with the pressure changes of multiple take offs and landings would be unbearable...worst pain other than child birth.  He has been on Humira, but may now be onto the "newest and greatest" biological treatment Entyvio.  I hope it works, he has had crohn's for about 55 years, well before it was called crohn's and lost around 8 feet of intestine in the process along with many hospitalizations for blockages and other related problems. 

Wow . That's pretty crazy. I also decided not to father any children for the same reason.  Woman didn't understand at first ,but does now.  I must be on a pathetic drug ,azathiaprine, around 100 per month.  It works good but still get the odd flare up. My guts were going nuts a few days ago, now it's just my stoma..not stomach . Stoma . I actually have no large intestine left ,just that small one . And no rectum either . I'll be a bad date in jail lol 

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

1800 per month? Holy shit.   Yeah ,mines a bad case.  I had a totally colectomy done in 91 ( I ended up with an ileostomy pouch) . It's not bad for the most part, but obviously has some limitations....which never stopped me when I was younger ...like racing intermediate motox lol . 

That 1800 per month....is that an injection?

Wow . That's pretty crazy. I also decided not to father any children for the same reason.  Woman didn't understand at first ,but does now.  I must be on a pathetic drug ,azathiaprine, around 100 per month.  It works good but still get the odd flare up. My guts were going nuts a few days ago, now it's just my stoma..not stomach . Stoma . I actually have no large intestine left ,just that small one . And no rectum either . I'll be a bad date in jail lol 

Pills.  Last month was mesalamine dr 800mg. Something like $1200 before insurance, little over $100 for me out of pocket.  This new stuff was $1800 before insurance for a 6 week supply.

I hope to get this healed up and then off it for good.  I can't imagine the issues some people go through.  Makes mine look like a minor inconvenience.  Dr thought it unlikely I would ever need surgery but too early to tell.

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Pills.  Last month was mesalamine dr 800mg. Something like $1200 before insurance, little over $100 for me out of pocket.  This new stuff was $1800 before insurance for a 6 week supply.

I hope to get this healed up and then off it for good.  I can't imagine the issues some people go through.  Makes mine look like a minor inconvenience.  Dr thought it unlikely I would ever need surgery but too early to tell.

Wow. That's some incredibly expensive meds. Damn.  Not sure why mine is so cheap