OMG...Page 4 Post #35

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

really makes for a production nightmare and increases cost when you have so many options.  Easier when your hiring MN methheads to build than middle class white quebecois to throw more manpower at it. 

934774-henry-ford-1-1.jpg

In a lean environment? I don’t see why. Depending on their process. I mean we are talking tunnels, rails, and graphics as your main variables. It’s assemble to order with an order deadline. Has to be pretty easy to dictate the flow to minimize changeover. The actual versioning is limited to a fraction of the whole sled’s parts with no real retooling. Probably some nerd there who puts every sled to be built in a sequence to run depending on combos. That’s what I’d do, but I’m also not some methed out Minnesota hilljack. 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

If you need a garbage track for the sled trailer sure. :bc: 

it's a great rack unless you want to race at back and forth lake.  put 5k on them and they are the perfect amount of traction for me.  few times this year i missed it.  

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's a great rack unless you want to race at back and forth lake.  put 5k on them and they are the perfect amount of traction for me.  few times this year i missed it.  

Its a great track. I put push thru studs in my cobra tho. That is probably the best track I have had on a snowmobile. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Single ply track, and the little studs do almost nothing.   Hardly worth having them.  

I had one on my nytro, worked out perfect for what I expected it to do.. put 3k on the track and no missing studs or lugs..Id really like to put one on my axys..

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Its a great track. I put push thru studs in my cobra tho. That is probably the best track I have had on a snowmobile. 

Maybe if you are more off trail.   I've tried it didn't like it.   I've also compared the ice ripper to the rip 2 with push through and it was 1000x better at everything we do.   Which is why I added the imo and YMMV :lol: high traction the lugs tend to fold down and the lug studs don't do anything 

Edited by Kev144

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Maybe if you are more off trail.   I've tried it didn't like it.   I've also compared the ice ripper to the rip 2 with push through and it was 1000x better at everything we do.   Which is why I added the imo and YMMV :lol: high traction the lugs tend to fold down and the lug studs don't do anything 

Ive owned a rip2 with push thrus and the ice attack and no question push thrus are better. I have no desire to buy another pre studded track. But the cobra tracks hook up better than the rip2 IMO. In fact I know they do... :news:

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Ive owned a rip2 with push thrus and the ice attack and no question push thrus are better. I have no desire to buy another pre studded track. But the cobra tracks hook up better than the rip2 IMO. In fact I know they do... :news:

They do for sure. But they don't seem to last as long imo

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If you early order you get to make choices, Polaris has a good thing going with there spring program.

I know...I think it’s awesome. Just shocked to read your post.

Back in the old days most garages or hardware stores sold sleds and they usually had 3 models on their floor. Their regional distributors stocked every model and every parts needed.

You could get other models from them in a day or 2. Sometimes the dealer would run over and pick up the crate. Today distributors 

are all gone due to the manus being greedy eliminating the distributors mark up.

We had a Scorpion distributor 6 miles from us back in the 70’s and it was quick stop for parts.

Yup back in the day......lol

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Cat Should have asked Yamaha to Build a 600 and 850 DI two-stroke for them. The Cat motors are garbage. Plus Yamaha is really missing the boat in my opinion on the two-stroke twin market

Have had excellent luck with the 600 CTEC's here.:dunno:

7 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

The auto companies were throwing that idea around decades ago. Make car components and just have sample models at dealerships. You order your car with the options you want, it gets put together and your car is delivered in 1 or 2 weeks. .

The thing working against the dealers is they want to close the deal and get you to drive the car home. Last thing they want is for you to go home and think about or shop around after the fact.  

the cooper was like that not long ago few off the shelf models but most go on line build there cooper go in or hit buy it now 30 days you get your car . pretty sure the better Tesla models are the same shit order what you want and wait. as for sleds I really dont give a fuck what color it is any more 1/2 ass decent shocks the track I want I am good It will just be running through brush saplings and pines about 30 min after it gets off the trailer     

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

really makes for a production nightmare and increases cost when you have so many options.  Easier when your hiring MN methheads to build than middle class white quebecois to throw more manpower at it. 

934774-henry-ford-1-1.jpg

um no . Polaris built housing on the Mn tax dime to house workers they buss up from Mexico to build sleds and atv .

cat has been hiring skinny's to mingle with the meth heads to slap sleds together