Insurance aggravation

scottyr

Who writes stand alone sled insurance these days other than TD?   I am in the process of switching car insurers and I just found out that Economical will not cover my 2018 Pro X 800.   I have been with Unica for the last few years and they are quite cheap for the sled but Economical is over $1500 cheaper for the 3 cars we own and with more coverage.   Unica will not write my sled without the cars.  

TD is fine but anything over $15K comes with a $1500 deduct which kind of sucks.  

Edited by scottyr

48 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Who writes stand alone sled insurance these days other than TD?   I am in the process of switching car insurers and I just found out that Economical will not cover my 2018 Pro X 800.   I have been with Unica for the last few years and they are quite cheap for the sled but Economical is over $1500 cheaper for the 3 cars we own and with more coverage.   Unica will not write my sled without the cars.  

TD is fine but anything over $15K comes with a $1500 deduct which kind of sucks.  

No sled is worth $15K the moment it leaves the dealer.

I use TD but have all my cars with them as well as the quads.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I obviously dont insure any sleds, but i just left economical/perth for The Co-Operators. was paying $2850 to insure my pickup with just PLPD. now have full coverage at the co operators for $1600

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No sled is worth $15K the moment it leaves the dealer.

I use TD but have all my cars with them as well as the quads.

TD always says price including tax as the declared value so we are talking $13300.

But I’m with you. I’d say $14900 and live with it.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I obviously dont insure any sleds, but i just left economical/perth for The Co-Operators. was paying $2850 to insure my pickup with just PLPD. now have full coverage at the co operators for $1600

Did any tickets come off your record?

Or did they check your record?

48 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Did any tickets come off your record?

Or did they check your record?

there are 2 more 2 year old minor conviction to get rid of yet....... no idea why so much cheaper

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

there are 2 more 2 year old minor conviction to get rid of yet....... no idea why so much cheaper

Don't question it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Don't question it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We where all there at some point!!! Ticket free since Nov/88.Waiting for my seniors discount.

I live on Hwy 69/saw 6 odots between here and sudsbury yesterday. Cruise control is your best friend Between the fatalities and the over 50 stuff . I have learned to respect the HWY..Not so much the drivers and the trucks who have questionable log book hrs and skills from countries that don't have snow.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Unless he lied.

Nope! even took the truck in for inspection! they took pictures of my lift kit, fuel rims, 33' toyos, took pics of 6x9's, subwoofer and amp. Everything. they didnt question me on any of it... my tires are even 2 inches outside the wheel wells with no flaps or flares. I am going to put flares on now though. Ive had my fun without them but also need the doors, rockers, cab corners and box sides painted again from the sand blasting and rock chips

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Unless he lied.

You didn't lie if they didn't ask. " I know nothing"  cue video of Hogans Heros "His renewal will come in different if they run it through the system.Tommy is probably a good driver but the system is based on the fact he is young and has a record.I was the same way at is age. Not much that you can do about it except be patient He lives in a  low tolerance area so do I.Our LCBO store manager lives in Parry Sound,he has got 3 speeding tickets  in a year. I didn't think the Ford piece of shit Focus RS could do that without blowing a head gasket. LOl

33 foot Toyos?  Wow.....

On 3/12/2018 at 4:30 PM, Tommy said:

Nope! even took the truck in for inspection! they took pictures of my lift kit, fuel rims, 33' toyos, took pics of 6x9's, subwoofer and amp. Everything. they didnt question me on any of it... my tires are even 2 inches outside the wheel wells with no flaps or flares. I am going to put flares on now though. Ive had my fun without them but also need the doors, rockers, cab corners and box sides painted again from the sand blasting and rock chips

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, scottyr said:

Not many will write stand alone sled insurance. Economical has a restricted list , however if the broker presents a strong case they will write a sled on the list. If your record is clean and you have auto home etc. with them they can write your sled if the broker bothered to push them on it,  I have several sleds insured for clients with Eco that are on the list .Each has a good record and are mature ( age wise lol )

I would question the Eco broker and see if he asked for a concession for the sled.