I did not know this but it just keeps getting better!!!

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

1. Comparing dyno #'s is foolish at best.   So many things can go into the results its not funny.  Tests need to be same, day, same dyno with other similar parameters to get anything remotely comparable.  

2. Aftermarket companies will always dyno them low.   Show's more significant gains with their parts.   You never see anyone claim what the new HP level is but what they "gained."   Even DD with their relationship with Cat will want to sell parts.

:bc:

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1. Comparing dyno #'s is foolish at best.   So many things can go into the results its not funny.  Tests need to be same, day, same dyno with other similar parameters to get anything remotely comparable.  Simply testing one "hot" and one cold can make a 6-8 HP difference.  

2. Aftermarket companies will always dyno them low.   Show's more significant gains with their parts.   You never see anyone claim what the new HP level is but what they "gained."   Even DD with their relationship with Cat will want to sell parts.

As a note of reference DTR did get identical numbers recently on a stock CTEC when doing a report on Jaws pipes.  

I compare DTR numbers. You can compare from the same dyno and they would be corrected. I do find DTR is always a few HP on the happy side though 

Just now, Kev144 said:

My slightly modded 06 f7 saw 151 on the dyno.  

The f7 is just a fast chassis, it rolls really easy. Put a hot engine in there and it cooks. But for me its kind of a one dimensional sled. Fun factor riding trails is just not there for me. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The f7 is just a fast chassis, it rolls really easy. Put a hot engine in there and it cooks. But for me its kind of a one dimensional sled. Fun factor riding trails is just not there for me. 

I was only comparing my 700 to the new 165 class 150hp 800 ctec :bc: 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Narrow track helps but makes it Shitty to ride. Especially when they had no outer wheels. What a tippy turd.  The cfr was the better firecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Narrow track helps but makes it Shitty to ride. Especially when they had no outer wheels. What a tippy turd.  The cfr was the better firecat

They were snappy little bitches.   Sure had to mind yourself after a few beers or they like to take shortcuts thru the woods with their ski's 2 feet in the air.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Bahahahaha Zambia just shat himself. 

DTR had much stronger numbers for it when they dyno'ed one of last springs pre production models.   Go figure.  

Fact is the 800 Cat did compare well to the Poo at the shootout but did dyno down 3hp and 4 ft/lbs of torque to the Poo.   This is pretty much within the margin of error I suspect from sled to sled.    The 850 having 13% more torque is substantial.  

ScreenShot20180123at122941PM.jpg

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Bahahahaha Zambia just shat himself. 

Wut?   Shhhhh.......  you'll be ok.  Common sense is just taking over and you know the Poo 850 is gonna be a plastic grenade.  That's ok...it's a good thing to cave to common sense.  :lmao:

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

DTR had much stronger numbers for it when they dyno'ed one of last springs pre production models.   Go figure.  

Fact is the 800 Cat did compare well to the Poo at the shootout but did dyno down 3hp and 4 ft/lbs of torque to the Poo.   This is pretty much within the margin of error I suspect from sled to sled.    The 850 having 13% more torque is substantial.  

ScreenShot20180123at122941PM.jpg

Their test model was an assault vs a short track? Talk about a bad control for this haha... 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Their test model was an assault vs a short track? Talk about a bad control for this haha... 

The Poo 144 Assault is the quickest sled poo has.  

Just now, Highmark said:

That may be. But they don’t compare. It’s a poor test. Equal tracks, equal engines. Even if it shows Poo still beating up the cat, I’d question the validity as should anyone who cares about controlling the variables and getting an accurate result. It should have been a shorty vs shorty. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Apples to apples. It’s common sense. You are looking 2DigitRider dumb today. Lay down MC. “ what do sled drag racers race?” Whooosh.... hahahaha 

Man, that "cherry" comment really sent you over the edge, huh?  I'll apologize.  Now, start acting intelligent agian.

He's losing his mind.  I'm actually concerned.

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That may be. But they don’t compare. It’s a poor test. Equal tracks, equal engines. Even if it shows Poo still beating up the cat, I’d question the validity as should anyone who cares about controlling the variables and getting an accurate result. It should have been a shorty vs shorty. 

Go sit down, honey.  Rest your behind...this is getting bad and it's time to stop your anal bleeding.

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

ZamRider... Do you not understand the simplest of concepts?

:lol:

You are heading into full-on dimentia here.  Stop it.  i'm really starting to question your sled knowledge.  Just stop.

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don't disagree about comparing apples to apples but Poo didn't offer a 129 last year.  Its 121,136 or 144 so its hard to compare apples to apples when Poo wanted to use their quicker non rush suspension.  I think the cat was a 129.  

Edited by Highmark

I don't disagree about comparing apples to apples but Poo didn't offer a 129 last year.  Its 121,136 or 144 so its hard to compare apples to apples.  I think the cat was a 129.  

Either the 121 or 136 would have been better. The Assault is an off trail sled. Gearing and setup are completely different. 

15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Either the 121 or 136 would have been better. The Assault is an off trail sled. Gearing and setup are completely different. 

All this has been hashed to death on HCS.  I’ll try to find the link for you....my sweet young grasshopper. :lmao:

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Meh, I got no use for that place anymore.

A helluva lot of great sled minds and some good knowledge sharing there.  Still the #1 place for  good information by a lot of people that know what they are talking about.