I did not know this but it just keeps getting better!!!

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They got a bad rap because they were junk and blowing up left and right for 2 years and needed a piston recall .......

No they were good. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

well apparently they did a better job building it than cat is doing with this CTEC abortion :lol: 

still doing a whole  fuck of better than poo did on compliant a 800.  and cats have always been can flame throughers . 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

still doing a whole  fuck of better than poo did on compliant a 800.  and cats have always been can flame throughers . 

ahhh....no .....sorry retahd 

This thread reminds me of the 2000 mxz 700, and how it used to wipe the earth clean when up against the 02 mxz 800.  What a waste-case of a turd that 800 was.  Couldn't even make enough recoils for the damn thing the first winter when everyone's was leaving them sit.  Fucking plastic junk, rope wrapping around the stator and taking that out with it.  Crank bearings failing at 2000 miles.  Beautiful looking sled, but that's certainly where it ended.

They've all had their issues i'm sure.  It's a wonder anyone even rides these damn things anymore.:lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

This thread reminds me of the 2000 mxz 700, and how it used to wipe the earth clean when up against the 02 mxz 800.  What a waste-case of a turd that 800 was.  Couldn't even make enough recoils for the damn thing the first winter when everyone's was leaving them sit.  Fucking plastic junk, rope wrapping around the stator and taking that out with it.  Crank bearings failing at 2000 miles.  Beautiful looking sled, but that's certainly where it ended.

They've all had their issues i'm sure.  It's a wonder anyone even rides these damn things anymore.:lol:

Yah....my 2000 mxz700 was every bit as fast as the 2001 mxz 800 I had 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....my 2000 mxz700 was every bit as fast as the 2001 mxz 800 I had 

Good memory, and I remember it going exactly like that with a buddy who traded his 700 for the new whizbang 800.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Good memory, and I remember it going exactly like that with a buddy who traded his 700 for the new whizbang 800.  

The 800 promptly blew the fuck up on me as well. Lost a main bearing and motor was junk. Thankfully it was an X package and the top end was still good. I sold it to a bud who parted it out. Only paid $2200 for it and he gave me 2k for it. That was my first exposure to parting a sled out :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Ski doo had 10 years of poor 800’s but the worst is still the Polaris CFI that blew an engine per tank of gas around here. And that’s not an exaggeration 

Yah....08Ptek or 09CFI 800 

Man those are two of the worst ever

I remember when the 2006 Switchback 600 and 900 came out. I demo'd them both back to back. The fucking 600 felt faster than the 900 :lol: 

I walked away shaking my head 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hey Preston spent like $2800 to make his etec almost as fast as a stock poo 800 xcr. :lol:

That is awesome not to mention Drew gets better fuel mileage as well. :lol:

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....08Ptek or 09CFI 800 

Man those are two of the worst ever

I remember when the 2006 Switchback 600 and 900 came out. I demo'd them both back to back. The fucking 600 felt faster than the 900 :lol: 

I walked away shaking my head 

I had an 08 ptek and the motor was ok. But I re jetted it pretty quickly. They were crazy lean in the mid 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I had an 08 ptek and the motor was ok. But I re jetted it pretty quickly. They were crazy lean in the mid 

My bud has one sitting on the bench with a locked up rod bearing.....3200 miles. He offered me the whole sled for 1200$ this winter. If I would have been in MN I would have bought it. Still might this summer

Just now, rump-rider said:

Did that Dyno test just come out or have Cat and the rags like supertrax  just trying to sweep it under the rug?

It was from the last november