Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

:news:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/elizabeth-warren-refuses-dna-test-to-prove-native-american-heritage/amp/

WASHINGTON – Sen. Elizabeth Warren batted down calls for her to take a DNA test to prove her Native American heritage in an interview that aired Sunday.

“I know who I am. And never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere,” Warren said of her ancestry on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

The Massachusetts Democrat has been under increased pressure to provide evidence of her Native American roots, with President Trump repeatedly mocking her as “Pocahontas” as recently as Saturday.

An editorial this month in Massachusetts’s Berkshire Eagle urged Warren to buy a DNA test for $99 to resolve the issue once and for all.

“All the senator needs to do is spit into a tube, wait a few weeks and get her answer,” the paper said.

Asked whether she’d take an ancestry test, Warren said she wants to hold onto the folklore of her parents’ love story.

“My mother and daddy were born and raised in Oklahoma,” Warren said. “My daddy first saw my mother when they were both teenagers. He fell in love with this tall, quiet girl who played the piano. Head over heels. But his family was bitterly opposed to their relationship because she was part Native American. They eventually eloped.”

She said her parents survived the Great Depression and other hardships as they raised her and her three brothers.

“That’s the story that my brothers and I all learned from our mom and our dad, from our grandparents,” Warren said. “It’s a part of me and nobody’s going to take that part of me away.”

But Warren’s story has come under scrutiny for relying on family lore rather than official tribal documentation of Native American heritage.

As Trump continues to use a “racial slur” against her, she’ll continue to use the opportunity to urge the federal government to put more resources to help tribes, including to combat sexual violence.

“This is a group that is being injured every single day,” Warren said. “We need to bring some attention to it and we need to put some resources on it.”

Also Sunday, Warren denied she intends to challenge Trump in 2020.

“I am not running for president of the United States,” she said.

Warren said she also is concerned Trump’s lack of staffing and expertise at the State Department could undercut his planned meeting with North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un.

“I am very worried that they’re going to take advantage of him,” Warren said.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I actually caught this ass-handing on Fox this morning.  What a complete fraud.  I still hope she runs for POTUS in 2020.  I can’t wait for those primaries!!!!! :lol:

She came out recently and said she is not running.   Too bad.  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

She came out recently and said she is not running.   Too bad.  :lol:  

They are slow playing Biden I think, for two reasons.  I don’t think Biden thinks he can win with what is going on now with the economy.   And two, he’ll be 78? and knows Trump will put him through the ringer.  Not sure what pills Trump is taking but at his age, the man is just unreal with his activity level.  I can’t imagine.  Think I’m gonna try that cheeseburger diet for a while. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They are slow playing Biden I think, for two reasons.  I don’t think Biden thinks he can win with what is going on now with the economy.   And two, he’ll be 78? and knows Trump will put him through the ringer.  Not sure what pills Trump is taking but at his age, the man is just unreal with his activity level.  I can’t imagine.  Think I’m gonna try that cheeseburger diet for a while. :lol:

Golfing is High activity level :lmao: 

Fuck you're stupid :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No alcohol.  :lol:  

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

meanwhile trump tells more than 2000 lies

Yes....we know. You start 15 threads a day reminding us. This thread happens to be about how Warren lied and used culture appropriation to game the education system 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....we know. You start 15 threads a day reminding us. This thread happens to be about how Warren lied and used culture appropriation to game the education system 

Did she lie?

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Did she lie?

Yes....she did......and worse she lied about her ancestry to gain benefit from the public sector programs designed to benefit minorities. The left should crucify this bitch for it but they wont cause they are no mind hacks of the highest order 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

trump and his cronies are neck deep in all kinds of trouble and the rwws are focused on pocohantas :lol:

Both situations are worth examining .....no? Or does Elizibeth Dolez.....er.....Warren get a pass for her disgusting cultural appropriation and lying ???

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yes....she did......and worse she lied about her ancestry to gain benefit from the public sector programs designed to benefit minorities. The left should crucify this bitch for it but they wont cause they are no mind hacks of the highest order 

Ah your wrong. You need to back that crap up Howie.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I know she never used it to her advantage. If your going to accuse her post up the proof.

She checked the minority box while applying to various colleges for jobs.......how in the fuck is that not using it to her advantage. She should have been fired immediately and stripped of any accolades she recieved

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

She checked the minority box while applying to various colleges for jobs.......how in the fuck is that not using it to her advantage. She should have been fired immediately and stripped of any accolades she recieved

Link?  I believe you, I just want to see Pocahontas's fan-base on here choke on it....