2019 Polaris @ 8pm tonight

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

It's up now.  It is a new 850 for poo.  Patriot is the motor name.  

a new poo motor sigh  me up to pay 14k to be a tester to se if the thing will make 1400mi before spitting chunks in to the belly pan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Seriously who would trust a new Polaris motor after all their engine debacles since 2004

1 vote for - not me :lmao: it says Founders Editon on the side........Poo should have made things interesting and made it Fusion Edition :lmao:

Just now, snoughnut said:

1 vote for - not me :lmao: it says Founders Editon on the side........Poo should have made things interesting and made it Fusion Edition :lmao:

They come with a 4 year engine warranty 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Whole new engine

Yeah the engine in a Indy xc 129 will be sweet.  The rag posted earlier here says they will offer all 3 engine choices in most models.  

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Cuz the pistons fuz to the cylinders :lol: 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Oooohh my!........confidence builder :lmao:

Except for the weeks on end your missing riding as it's in the shop being rebuilt again and being towed off the lake over and over :flush: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

What’s with these fucking 850’s? Why not just go to 900

I may be wrong but I remember reading something about an 850 twin being at the limits of a standard crankshaft.

Once you pass 850, they have to counter balance the crank shaft to soften the vibrations. The added weight then slows motor so the gains are minimal.

There were several articles about this back when the Fusion 900 (855) was having its issues.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I may be wrong but I remember reading something about an 850 twin being at the limits of a standard crankshaft.

Once you pass 850, they have to counter balance the crank shaft to soften the vibrations. The added weight then slows motor so the gains are minimal.

There were several articles about this back when the Fusion 900 (855) was having its issues.

Cat 1000 has no issues and shakes no more than the poo 800

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

866* you are thinking of fusion 700 which is 755 and it was no better than 866 :lol: , I think it was 1 year model. 

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

866* you are thinking of fusion 700 which is 755 and it was no better than 866 :lol: , I think it was 1 year model. 

Two years. 

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I remember that POS