Wildboer is on psychedelics: ask him anything!

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Right.

Highschool was mainly acid, beeners, and of course weed. I never heard of anyone OD ing  until after HS.  Everyone partied and together. Jocks, burnouts, etc. Would all be at the same parties. Cops would take your alcohol at worst.... mostly just directed traffic as you left the field.  No more of that, it is a major deal getting caught with alcohol now.

Kids today don't even know what a field party is.  :lol:

Around here we have forest preserves. It's basically a wooded area with a road thru it and a pavillion or two. They put a chain across the road at sunset. We'd wrestle some keggers in there after dark. Don't have to worry about waking up the neighbors and having them call the cops. Someone would always pass out somewhere in the woods and the tree cops would wake em up in the morning. :lol:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

you are not stupid enough to be tripping first time out solo are you ? if so get the fuck out of the house and in to a buds place to ride it out not good to trip solo first few times out . take it from a guy who followed the dead for some time lol

12 hours ago, low-1 said:

5-methoxy is like half hour ride at best, isn't it?  Like real DMT except less "fun".  Or did you pop some MAOIs to stretch it out?

The Freedom Sledder experts in self medication :lol::bc: 

Edited by Mileage Psycho

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The Freedom Sledder experts in self medication :lol::bc: 

I believe low1 has had medical issues in the past and has a lot of experience with these pills... 

Once upon a life ago, maybe.  And it was honestly never "just for fun".  The things you can learn about yourself and how you fit in this world can be life-altering, if approached in the right way.  People grow up, though.  Still have a strong interest in neuropharmacology and the general human condition.  Probably more so now.  But those days are long behind me.

5 minutes ago, low-1 said:

Once upon a life ago, maybe.  And it was honestly never "just for fun".  The things you can learn about yourself and how you fit in this world can be life-altering, if approached in the right way.  People grow up, though.  Still have a strong interest in neuropharmacology and the general human condition.  Probably more so now.  But those days are long behind me.

Do you still live way up north?

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Still taking cool pictures?

Occasionally but it nearly as often.  Sleep is more important now (and challenging with a 1 year old).  I also found that treating a hobby like a business can suck some of the fun out of it.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, low-1 said:

Occasionally but it nearly as often.  Sleep is more important now (and challenging with a 1 year old).  I also found that treating a hobby like a business can suck some of the fun out of it.

I guess that all makes sense. However, you're quite good and the photos you posted were pretty sweet! I hope you get back into it!  :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I guess that all makes sense. However, you're quite good and the photos you posted were pretty sweet! I hope you get back into it!  :bc:

X2

12 hours ago, low-1 said:

You get a new woman? Or patch things up with the old one?

15 hours ago, DAVE said:

What i dont get is the need to get high...i never drank to get drunk....i loved the taste of beer.

Do you even drink good beer or are you actually trying to claim American macros taste good right now?

15 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

They've (cops) have actually nicknamed one of the interstates that go from the suburbs into the city "the heroin highway" because there is a bunch of rich white kids from the suburbs going to the city to get heroin. There is really no where to hide from it. 

One of the high schools on the southwest side where a bunch of our friends and family live (upper middle class area) have named that school "heroin high". It's not even in the shady areas, it's in the upper class areas. 

When I was a kid cocaine was everywhere and as dangerous as that is, nobody OD'd or died from it. One of our neighbors is a fireman and he said 90% of their calls now are heroin overdoses. I don't like it. 

Heroin Highway is Route 23 North around here, leads up to the boonies from Paterson.

13 hours ago, low-1 said:

I dunno man, I'm not convinced.  This whole space was a huge interest for me back in the day and I'm very familiar with it.  And the last half hour or so on various boards and pages hasn't really pointed to anything that says 5-meo is terribly active when taken orally, and those that do mention it say it is extremely unpleasant with a huge amount of body load.  And those that made mention of adding a maoi like Syrian Rue strongly cautioned against it due to massive hypertensive issues and serotonin syndrome. I always took you for a guy who did his research into these things, so precisely how many mgs did you take?

Since you said 4-5 hours, and compared it to psilocybin, I'd be much more inclined to believe it was a 4-ho tryptamine analog.

I may or may not have had an opportunity to try some 5-meo sometime around 2000, and it may or may not have been an interesting 10 minutes or so.  But nothing like psilocybin.  At all.

Yeah, I called my friend yesterday and he cleared this up. I had 5-MeO-DMT and 4-AcO-DMT switched in my mind. 5-MeO is the one that's like Bufentin from psychedelic toads, 4-AcO is the psilocin/psilocybin related compound I have. 

I was trying to figure out what other compound I had been discussing with my friend that night by looking on Erowid yesterday. I missed it because they have it listed as 4-Acetoxy instead of 4-AcO and I'm a dumbass sometimes.

13 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

No one ever accused WB of being very smart. I doubt this will change many minds. 

Kids taking shit they know almost nothing about is what turns parents into orphins. 

I don't know how you don't get vertigo from spending so much time on that high horse. 

13 hours ago, low-1 said:

I'll just throw it out there that not everyone that's interested in this kind of thing is a gonzo whack job.  Timothy Leary, Alexander Shulgin, Rick Strassman (among many others) were/are all brilliant men (although it could be argued that Leary kind of fell off the rails). Some people are genuinely curious how a tiny molecule can cause such a drastic change to one's perception, and approach it as scientific pursuit rather than "getting fucked up".

Shulgin is an icon. I recently watched a show on MDMA synthesis that covered a contemporary of his named Steve Gill.

24 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Do you even drink good beer or are you actually trying to claim American macros taste good right now?

Heroin Highway is Route 23 North around here, leads up to the boonies from Paterson.

Yeah, I called my friend yesterday and he cleared this up. I had 5-MeO-DMT and 4-AcO-DMT switched in my mind. 5-MeO is the one that's like Bufentin from psychedelic toads, 4-AcO is the psilocin/psilocybin related compound I have. 

I was trying to figure out what other compound I had been discussing with my friend that night by looking on Erowid yesterday. I missed it because they have it listed as 4-Acetoxy instead of 4-AcO and I'm a dumbass sometimes.

I don't know how you don't get vertigo from spending so much time on that high horse. 

Shulgin is an icon. I recently watched a show on MDMA synthesis that covered a contemporary of his named Steve Gill.

Welcome back. Im glad you didnt die. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

That makes much more sense. 

I had (have?) copies of both Pihkal and Tihkal of Shulgin's.  The man lived an interesting life.  I had the chance to talk with Rick Strassman years ago as well (author of DMT: The Spirit Molecule, it's actually on Netflix now I think).  Even if a person is completely against those types of drugs (as opposed to the "good" drugs, like alcohol, nicotine and caffeine), it's pretty incredible to think how a tiny molecule can cause such a drastic shift in perception.  Definitely an interesting space.

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Welcome back. Im glad you didnt die. 

If I was gonna die I would have died Sunday night, I was back from my vacation when I woke up yesterday morning. Last night I did a couple paintings inspired by my experience.

4 hours ago, low-1 said:

That makes much more sense. 

I had (have?) copies of both Pihkal and Tihkal of Shulgin's.  The man lived an interesting life.  I had the chance to talk with Rick Strassman years ago as well (author of DMT: The Spirit Molecule, it's actually on Netflix now I think).  Even if a person is completely against those types of drugs (as opposed to the "good" drugs, like alcohol, nicotine and caffeine), it's pretty incredible to think how a tiny molecule can cause such a drastic shift in perception.  Definitely an interesting space.

It's been an interest of mine since I was 18/19 and headed off to college. Funny thing is despite all the reading and research I actually took psychedelics a lot less often than most of the people I know who've done them.

I have some friends who would have a pretty penny right now if they'd just saved their damn bitcoins back in 2012 when Silk Road was still going :lol: 

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Freak show.

Not everyone wants to go back to the 50's bro.

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Acid is now somehow legitimate?  I’m definitely getting old. :lol: 

I've been saying this to you guys for years now :lol: