Cain's Quest

9 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Newfiebullet is in the race.  

I heard his team had a delayed start....

Apparently newf is arguing with someone about Trudeau.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

watching the tracking there seems to be zero reason why teams followed the recommended route out which is way out of the way vs the direct route the leaders are taking.  

Do they have to do the checkpoints in order?

yes but first checkpoint and the last before the finish is churchill.  looks like they are running a power line between them but only 3 teams are doing so and i think they are the 3 TMR affiliated teams.  power line crosses the road a few times which also makes refuling easier for them.  

i did read though the rules, guess they didn't like rob having his own plane now so they put restrictions in place on the use.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes but first checkpoint and the last before the finish is churchill.  looks like they are running a power line between them but only 3 teams are doing so and i think they are the 3 TMR affiliated teams.  power line crosses the road a few times which also makes refuling easier for them.  

i did read though the rules, guess they didn't like rob having his own plane now so they put restrictions in place on the use.  

I was reading an article on Team 22 this morning and it mentioned them having a plane. What did they do as far as restrictions?

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was reading an article on Team 22 this morning and it mentioned them having a plane. What did they do as far as restrictions?

no communication between the team on the ground and the plane,  parts only delivered to the reg airports not  letting them go into other checkpoints with it

I did recheck the routes,  eskers required stop on the way back after churchill  but was not on the way out and over half the teams went towards esker for some reason.  

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no communication between the team on the ground and the plane,  parts only delivered to the reg airports not  letting them go into other checkpoints with it

I did recheck the routes,  eskers required stop on the way back after churchill  but was not on the way out and over half the teams went towards esker for some reason.  

I think the same thing happened the last time they ran the race.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Team Maine ( #88 and #22) are leading the way in to checkpoint #3.  I'm not sure how Newfie is doing. What was his team #?

image.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

It looks like Newfie is running in the top half of the field :thumb:

Good for him. Glad to see a real man doing this stuff, and not just so called internet strong men, getting tired punching their keyboards.

What kind of sled is he running ? To bad someone with a drone couldn,t get some  footage of these guys entering and leaving different towns or check points.

Edited by Frostynuts

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Good for him. Glad to see a real man doing this stuff, and not just so called internet strong men, getting tired punching their keyboards.

What kind of sled is he running ?

AC 8000 Highcountry 153"