Canada gets slammed with big steel tariffs by donny.

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

What’s bad is China adding far more production capacity than they have a domestic use for and dumping the excess into international markets at prices below their production cost.  If Trump’s tariff doesn’t include Canada, and targets mainly  Asian countries then it isn’t so bad.  If it’s a blanket across the board tariff then it’s just idiotic from any angle.

Truth

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Oh shocker....globalist scum don't like it when you fuck with their slave labor scam. Thank you Donald Trump

Fuck the rest of you.

Also to the retard that think China has anywhere near the quality of steel the US does. Get the fuck out with that retarded bullshit. Fucking idiot

The Polaris XCR jackshafts are solid proof. :lol:

51 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes...lots of it is shit. There have been countless national advisories in many countries warning of using Chinese steel in their building. It many times has significant defects shown in testing and a lot of it welds like garbage.

Also the Chinese are far behind the curve in value added products like painted coil , galvalume , specific high strength and high carbon alloys etc etc.

Plus they pollute the fuck out of the world with their unregulated disgusting production practice.

Now go fuck yourself youi piece of dogshit

Remember the Chinese drywall debacle? I think around 100,000 homes were built with that shit around the 2004 - 2007 period, what a disaster that shit was. I watched the show on it.....60 minutes or something like that, the drywall had so much sulfur in it that it would literally eat up any copper in the home.......wiring, piping, air conditioning coils, etc. :flush:

6 minutes ago, bussman said:

I made a simple comment that welding Chinese steel sucks in comparison to NA, Japanese and European steel. You’ve proceeded to add and subtract from that in your projections. 

But keep ignoring that. 

You didnt mention anything about japanese or europeon steel in your original comment..

Seems you had an issue being told all chinese steel isnt garbage....

Thats what you are ignoring from the looks of it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Remember the Chinese drywall debacle? I think around 100,000 homes were built with that shit around the 2004 - 2007 period, what a disaster that shit was. I watched the show on it.....60 minutes or something like that, the drywall had so much sulfur in it that it would literally eat up any copper in the home.......wiring, piping, air conditioning coils, etc. :flush:

Thing that got me about that is drywall board is cheap and heavy . and China is 1/2 way around the world

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

You didnt mention anything about japanese or europeon steel in your original comment..

Seems you had an issue being told all chinese steel isnt garbage....

Thats what you are ignoring from the looks of it.

Go back and read my post. Don’t take anything away from it, don’t add to it. A lot of you have a big problem doing this here. 

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Fuck!  I remember that!  SHIIIIIIIIT SHOOOOOOOOW.  

Just now, bussman said:

Go back and read my post. Don’t take anything away from it, don’t add to it. A lot of you have a big problem doing this here. 

I saw you taking offense...when AC said there was better grades of steel...nothing less nothing more....then you questioned his knowledge of steel when he questioned yours....

Your initial butthurt was your problem.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I saw you taking offense...when AC said there was better grades of steel...nothing less nothing more....then you questioned his knowledge of steel when he questioned yours....

Your initial butthurt was your problem.

I never said there weren’t different grades of Chinese steel......nothing less, nothing more. His condescending projection and your weak trolling projecting butthurt are your problems. 

Nice try sunshine. :bc: 

Just now, bussman said:

I never said there weren’t different grades of Chinese steel......nothing less, nothing more. His condescending projection and your weak trolling projecting butthurt are your problems. 

Nice try sunshine. :bc: 

See there you go again...perhaps you shouldnt be so easily offended.

1 minute ago, bussman said:

No amount of projecting is going to offend me. 

Jesus loves you babe. :bc: 

Your posts say otherwise. :bc:

Now go work on your cheap chinese steel....things are piling up. 

The majority of the tubing we buy and sell is all made here in Canada. There's a few oddball sizes we get from the US as our mills don't run those. Our cold rolled steel comes from offshore as well as here and nothing from China. We've had customers buy direct from China and they weren't happy with the product

5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Trump will lose with this latest blunder.  Stocks already taking a hit.   Bush Jr tried this in 2002 and recalled it 16 months early as it coated the US more.  

Epic fail on the Don 

Bingo. The only thing that killed manufacturing more than NAFTA was that shit. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I bet its lifted just like softwood and other things usa is crying about, Donny really hasn't a clue what goes on in Trade.......

but continue to bash JT for standing up for Canadian steel 

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I bet its lifted just like softwood and other things usa is crying about, Donny really hasn't a clue what goes on in Trade.......

but continue to bash JT for standing up for Canadian steel 

He's got to do a better job than this.:lol: