Pretty Blue Ones

Tinker

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

As Poncho says, those numbers are meaningless unless you run them at the same time.  Stock Mach Zs were well into the 120s, but you have to compare them at the same time to other sleds regardless. 

The Spinegrinders seem to perform well; I haven't ridden one to see how it handles..... I thought guys liked those chassis? 

Those numbers were on cooch within 5 min of eachother

What I find so interesting about that, is that Yamaha is truly a world-class engineering and build company.  Look at some of the bikes they've built, current R-bikes, etc.  Astounding performers, purposeful, excellent build quality, and some smart design stuff.  

Why is it that their snowmobiles are always a tad eccentric, different enough to alienate mainstream buyers, etc.?  Not knocking them at all, but when it comes to sleds, some of their stuff is questionable. 

Like the time the rep at the sled show tried to explain what that shock absorber was doing attached to the rear bumper..... poor bastard..... lol 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Like the time the rep at the sled show tried to explain what that shock absorber was doing attached to the rear bumper..... poor bastard..... lol 

I have 3 of those hanging on the wall..... The wall seems stronger and think it picked up about 4 mph.... Now the building is twisted...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yamaha is still not even on the same level as Polaris and Skidoo....

Want to spend $20k plus and go fast in a straight line on a heavy sled? buy a sidewinder. no doubt they are fast. but they arent that fast until you throw another couple thousand at them .... stock one i ran against last year went 117mph.... i was on ponchos old clapped out 800 indy and went 111mph..

Now you want to have an ear to ear grin? by a polaris or doo that that does fast in a straight line and still goes around a corner... Polaris has nothing on an srx? you buy one and then come for a ride up north next year. Ill bet you im still at the bar while your at the hotel watching eyelid theater after muscling a damn 4 stroke yamaha all day :lol: 

:lol:What's Polaris got, another 50cc's, BFD! Does that mean the parts fly a little further now when they grenade? I think the best addition Poo could have done with these new sleds is line the underside of the hoods with kevlar so the rider, and people around them, wouldn't have to worry about getting tattooed with pistons, connecting rods and primaries when they fly apart.  :news:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

What I find so interesting about that, is that Yamaha is truly a world-class engineering and build company.  Look at some of the bikes they've built, current R-bikes, etc.  Astounding performers, purposeful, excellent build quality, and some smart design stuff.  

Why is it that their snowmobiles are always a tad eccentric, different enough to alienate mainstream buyers, etc.?  Not knocking them at all, but when it comes to sleds, some of their stuff is questionable. 

Take 1 for a rip across the lake or down a trail you'll be very impressed I guarantee it!! Hell make your way down to Dunnville I'll through you the srx key to try. 

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

As Poncho says, those numbers are meaningless unless you run them at the same time.  Stock Mach Zs were well into the 120s, but you have to compare them at the same time to other sleds regardless. 

The Spinegrinders seem to perform well; I haven't ridden one to see how it handles..... I thought guys liked those chassis? 

“I haven’t ridden one to see how it handles”. You are such a bull shitter, you have to get out of the basement first and drive more than 200 miles per year....like you have any credibility...lol. Funny stuff...lol

Looks like Yamaha are done. First they quit making sleds and now with the paring down of their line up, it doesn't look good. All the sleds are Cats now (with the exception of the workhorse) but it is a limited line up. They aren't even offering a Touring sled and they aren't offering the adjustable shock except for spring order....Too bad. Hopefully they keep supplying motors but with all the changes at Cat, Cat  may decide to make/ use their own.

With their great motors, its too bad they couldn't figure out  ( or didn't care to figure out) how to advance their chassis.

7 minutes ago, barberch said:

Looks like Yamaha are done. First they quit making sleds and now with the paring down of their line up, it doesn't look good. All the sleds are Cats now (with the exception of the workhorse) but it is a limited line up. They aren't even offering a Touring sled and they aren't offering the adjustable shock except for spring order....Too bad. Hopefully they keep supplying motors but with all the changes at Cat, Cat  may decide to make/ use their own.

With their great motors, its too bad they couldn't figure out  ( or didn't care to figure out) how to advance their chassis.

You will be banished for life over @ TY...... Just saying...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, barberch said:

This article sums it up pretty good with they are doing, but aside from that, I also think they are done. Imo, with their sleds likely being the lowest money maker for them, I can't say that I blame them. Consider the Yen, the tariffs, the duty, etc, it is likely a wise decision. https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2019-yamaha-return-srx/

2 hours ago, irv said:

This article sums it up pretty good with they are doing, but aside from that, I also think they are done. Imo, with their sleds likely being the lowest money maker for them, I can't say that I blame them. Consider the Yen, the tariffs, the duty, etc, it is likely a wise decision. https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2019-yamaha-return-srx/

They just don't sell enough sleds.  There are too many leftover models. When you can still buy 2015 models at pretty much any yamaha dealer in southern ontario, there is a problem.

Of course you aren't helping Irv by still riding your old iron. You need to ride the Cat version to see how far they have come.  They are way more comfortable to ride and have a much better suspension. Of course they have the same great motors too. 

But as I read elsewhere, just so you can keep your blue underwear, maybe Yamaha will take the sled business off of Textron and Cat will be gone?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, barberch said:

They just don't sell enough sleds.  There are too many leftover models. When you can still buy 2015 models at pretty much any yamaha dealer in southern ontario, there is a problem.

Of course you aren't helping Irv by still riding your old iron. You need to ride the Cat version to see how far they have come.  They are way more comfortable to ride and have a much better suspension. Of course they have the same great motors too. 

But as I read elsewhere, just so you can keep your blue underwear, maybe Yamaha will take the sled business off of Textron and Cat will be gone?

Hard to believe Irv will at some point be on a blue Cat.......lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, irv said:

Brackets alone have made me wonder how they could make a nickel on the Delta Box sleds

15 hours ago, irv said:

:lol:What's Polaris got, another 50cc's, BFD! Does that mean the parts fly a little further now when they grenade? I think the best addition Poo could have done with these new sleds is line the underside of the hoods with kevlar so the rider, and people around them, wouldn't have to worry about getting tattooed with pistons, connecting rods and primaries when they fly apart.  :news:

Is that what everyone on Ty4stroke suggested they change?

200 miles?  Lol  Have you ridden one yet Poncho?  Nope, I didn't think so.

You have more mileage on your truck driving to your cottage, than you do on sleds riding in circles around it.  Lmao. 

Well, you're getting out of the sport anyway.... you can now focus on your keyboard sledding. 

19 hours ago, Poncho said:

“I haven’t ridden one to see how it handles”. You are such a bull shitter, you have to get out of the basement first and drive more than 200 miles per year....like you have any credibility...lol. Funny stuff...lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

200 miles?  Lol  Have you ridden one yet Poncho?  Nope, I didn't think so.

You have more mileage on your truck driving to your cottage, than you do on sleds riding in circles around it.  Lmao. 

Well, you're getting out of the sport anyway.... you can now focus on your keyboard sledding. 

Since you are the resident keyboard sledder, do you offer training?....you seem incredibly talented on the subject...:)

• Haha 2

I'm not the one whining  about getting out of the sport via my keyboard ..... Lol

But good to hear you put lots of miles on this year driving to the cottage.  :)  Too bad you don't get hero biscuits for that!

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Since you are the resident keyboard sledder, do you offer training?....you seem incredibly talented on the subject...:)

Edited by Puzzleboy

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'm not the one whining  about getting out of the sport via my keyboard ..... Lol

But good to hear you put lots of miles on this year driving to the cottage.  :)  Too bad you don't get hero biscuits for that!

Man you are so butthurt. No one on this site whining other than you.....perhaps by next year you will hit the 500 mile mark....in 3 years of basement riding.......lol....way to go Iron Dog Basement Boy...LOL.....

"I'm getting out of the sport; there's no snow in my area".  

"I'm taking my Tonkas and going home because you bashed Polaris". 

"An R-motion is NOT better than Pro-Ride!!!!"

Lol, yeah, NO whining over there.  We all thought a little girl got access to your account and posted.....

Anyway, a hero biscuit for you for the 500 miles+ you drive to your cottage every weekend.  We know you need that pat on the back for some reason.  We all just ride when we can. 

Where you riding this weekend?  Oh, right, you only ride within a 30km radius of the cottage.  And NEVER after dark. 

LMAO. 

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Man you are so butthurt. No one on this site whining other than you.....perhaps by next year you will hit the 500 mile mark....in 3 years of basement riding.......lol....way to go Iron Dog Basement Boy...LOL.....

A unicorn walked in my work today saying you sent him a long winded PM. Nice little tidbits of info. :snack: