California has worst 'quality of life' in US, study says

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/2/2018 at 4:00 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Let us know when you can surf in the morning and downhill ski in the afternoon in Iowa.

Same for you in Shitcago.  Didn't know surfing and skiing made up quality of life for old, short bald guys.  :lol:  

BTW the snocross race next weekend is a Sundown Mt. not far at all from my place.  :lol:  Its not the mountains but its downhill skiing.   How far you got to go Vinny?  I'm less than an hour from Galena as well so I can ski at two places quickly.  

On 3/2/2018 at 4:10 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

If I was homeless I would be where it's warm, fuck trying to heat a cardboard box under Wacker Drive during the winter. Much more comfortable to be a sun and fun bum.

Amazing only from the small myopic view as seen from Podunk Iowa :lol: 

That is a beautiful thing, that is America, God Bless America and those lucky enough to be at Venice Beach in the morning and boondocking an RMK in the afternoon!!!! :fluffy: 

Tell us Vince.   Where do you hunt and sled?   Would you call it podunk or a metropolis?  :lol:  

I laughed at the results myself putting us first.   Iowa might not be a lot of things but it is a solid place to raise a kid.   Good people, solid economy, low crime, great schools.  Hell most our colleges are filled with Illinois kids.   Wonder why.    

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Tell us Vince.   Where do you hunt and sled?   Would you call it podunk or a metropolis?  :lol:  

I laughed at the results myself putting us first.   Iowa might not be a lot of things but it is a solid place to raise a kid.   Good people, solid economy, low crime, great schools.  Hell most our colleges are filled with Illinois kids.   Wonder why.    

My backyard, I can sled out of my pole barn to ditch ride. 

The truth of the matter is that California has so much to offer the urbanite and the outdoorsman, there's a reason that so many people over the decades have left the podunks and the cities of the midwest to live there.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

My backyard, I can sled out of my pole barn to ditch ride. 

The truth of the matter is that California has so much to offer the urbanite and the outdoorsman, there's a reason that so many people over the decades have left the podunks and the cities of the midwest to live there.

Our system goes thru my property.   I also can sled from my building.   Don't have a polebarn.....not that podunk I guess.  :lol:  

Parts of Cali are awesome.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Our system goes thru my property.   I also can sled from my building.   Don't have a polebarn.....not that podunk I guess.  :lol:  

Truthfully I'm half urban and half country, I like both sides of each lifestyle although I would never just want to lock into one environment permanently, balance is good.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

I thought people moved there because they liked the liberal policies being implemented.....LOL

They deal with it for the weather.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Copy that, but I am podunk with a pole (laminate 2x6) barn.  :lol:

I could handle Tahoe, most of the other locations are meh.  

Neal

On 3/2/2018 at 7:00 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

Let us know when you can surf in the morning and downhill ski in the afternoon in Iowa.

No problem in NH. 

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

People move to Cali for the weather 

Exactly.

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

I thought people moved there because they liked the liberal policies being implemented.....LOL

People are leaving Cali because of the liberal policies.  

One of the data centres I was responsible for was in Lake Forest California. A short drive from Santa Ana. I was there 3 or 4 times a year. It sure seemed like a nice place to live. I didn't see any "slums" or even dumpy houses while driving around or people panhandling. I'd make trips to Laguna beach after work which was about a 20 minute drive. Still quite nice. The locals seem to have thin blood. It was about 72F. I'd walk the beach in either jeans or shorts and a t-shirt while the locals were wearing hoodies with the hood up and coats on top of them.

The people I worked with there sure seemed happy about their lifestyle... drive from home to the beach in 20 mins or less or drive into the mountains and go skiing. 

On 3/3/2018 at 8:06 AM, Highmark said:

Same for you in Shitcago.  Didn't know surfing and skiing made up quality of life for old, short bald guys.  :lol:  

BTW the snocross race next weekend is a Sundown Mt. not far at all from my place.  :lol:  Its not the mountains but its downhill skiing.   How far you got to go Vinny?  I'm less than an hour from Galena as well so I can ski at two places quickly.  

Actually people are surfing on lake Michigan. There are some ski areas but nothing to get excited about. I wouldn't water my time doing either. 

49 minutes ago, 02sled said:

One of the data centres I was responsible for was in Lake Forest California. A short drive from Santa Ana. I was there 3 or 4 times a year. It sure seemed like a nice place to live. I didn't see any "slums" or even dumpy houses while driving around or people panhandling. I'd make trips to Laguna beach after work which was about a 20 minute drive. Still quite nice. The locals seem to have thin blood. It was about 72F. I'd walk the beach in either jeans or shorts and a t-shirt while the locals were wearing hoodies with the hood up and coats on top of them.

The people I worked with there sure seemed happy about their lifestyle... drive from home to the beach in 20 mins or less or drive into the mountains and go skiing. 

California probably represents the best and worst in humanity. One of the largest agricultural producers in the world, manufacturing, mineral rich, some of the oldest forests in the world, shipping hub, coastal area, sun, mountains, warm weather, winter weather, music, art, theater, you name it. Also has a blend of super rich and super poor, lots of crime, immigrants, Jews.... Go for the good parts and leave because of the rest... :bc:

On 01/03/2018 at 12:09 PM, Nazipigdog said:

Lots of homeless all over the southwest. Phoenix has a shitload of homeless as does Albuquerque and the entire south. When I was in Miami last year they were everywhere. Same in Louisiana. The warmer climates will always have more homeless. 

If your going to be homeless you might as well go to somewhere warm

On 3/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, Nazipigdog said:

Actually people are surfing on lake Michigan. There are some ski areas but nothing to get excited about. I wouldn't water my time doing either. 

:lol:   I knew you or Vince would make that claim.   Yeah they surf when severe storms are happening.  :lol:  

On 3/3/2018 at 2:17 PM, NaturallyAspirated said:

Copy that, but I am podunk with a pole (laminate 2x6) barn.  :lol:

I could handle Tahoe, most of the other locations are meh.  

Neal

Tahoe is incredible.   One of three places that when you see it that it actually looks almost fake.   Teton's and Grand Canyon being the other two that I've visited.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   I knew you or Vince would make that claim.   Yeah they surf when severe storms are happening.  :lol:  

Its true. I think I have seen billboards for it up near Green Bay. :lol: