Sweet-Ass Kijiji deals.....

Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Funny he said most people don’t spend 12500 for a sled back then....lol. I bought my 06 MXZ 800 for almost 12 and more than that for my Mach Z......I guess I’m in the most don’t list...lol

I paid $11300 for my 2005 Fusion 900.

A 2005 Mach Z 1000 was around $13000.

When they started the Redline project, the sleds were revolutionary. By the time they got to market, they were behind the times and still rough around the edges.

Big time fail.

Still cool.

• Like 3

They were around $17,000 CAD. 

Business failure for sure, but wild.  And their fit and finish (from what they showed at the show), was still way ahead of the disposable stuff Polaris makes even to this day. 

Their machining and design was quite something.  Little things like splined handlebars and riser clamps.  Exotic to say the least, and extraordinarily expensive to manufacture in small quantities. 

I don't know about revolutionary, but they were certainly California cool, and looked like the sleds we drew on our binders as kids....lol.

I have an earlier brochure of theirs that shows a 1300cc 225hp triple, a 950cc V-twin 4 stroke, and a snowcross only sled.  Pretty cool stuff. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Probably because that equates to $17,000 CAD.  Try to keep up. 

Says the guy who says Doos are too expensive..... lol. 

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

Funny he said most people don’t spend 12500 for a sled back then....lol. I bought my 06 MXZ 800 for almost 12 and more than that for my Mach Z......I guess I’m in the most don’t list...lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

Sorry!  FAST had some good tech, but their aesthetics..... well .... :)

Some were shipped sans exhaust pipe. 

Yeah, this thing runs terribly.  :)   Ok, maybe a lil' clutching required....

5 hours ago, bladefever said:

Heyyyyy....  Lol

Most if not all are static display only sleds. Major issues trying to make them run properly. There is a reason this sled has 20 hrs on it. And possibly 10 of those on the rope.......

B

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Sorry!  FAST had some good tech, but their aesthetics..... well .... :)

Some were shipped sans exhaust pipe. 

Yeah, this thing runs terribly.  :)   Ok, maybe a lil' clutching required...

In his comments on YouTube. The sled had 300 miles...... And suffered from a few quirky problems that he listed.... Couldn't expand his comments further to read his complete post...... Last I seen they were over 600 lbs.... About the same as riding 2up on a single seater.....

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/302-specialty-sleds/565087-project-redline.html

A guy on Hardcoresledder bought one with intent to ride it. He tore it down first and fixed alot of the known issues. 35 pages but interesting read.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/302-specialty-sleds/565087-project-redline.html

A guy on Hardcoresledder bought one with intent to ride it. He tore it down first and fixed alot of the known issues. 35 pages but interesting read.

Yes have followed some of his posts. Still unreliable ride after about 4 to 5 years of work..... A good heads up for any other possible Redline owners.....

It does look good as a "Static " display.... Kinda like my 76 AMC Pacer X.......

19 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Yes have followed some of his posts. Still unreliable ride after about 4 to 5 years of work..... A good heads up for any other possible Redline owners.....

It does look good as a "Static " display.... Kinda like my 76 AMC Pacer X.......

Hard to believe after the millions of $'s spent on Rand D that they really never got them refined. They slammed close to 50 of them together and shoved them out the door. Many sat in the crates at dealer because they were unfinished.

Redline.thumb.jpg.e35517afe26d0b01b61d8fbf596a0b1e.jpg

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Hard to believe after the millions of $'s spent on Rand D that they really never got them refined. They slammed close to 50 of them together and shoved them out the door. Many sat in the crates at dealer because they were unfinished.

Redline.thumb.jpg.e35517afe26d0b01b61d8fbf596a0b1e.jpg

Celebrity status.....

Be prepared to answer questions... Do you want me to tow you home....

Stared at..... While you hook up the tow strap......

Derogatory names....... Like the poor bastard's broke again.....

And being selfish..... Not sharing the total disappointment of owning a Redline......

• Like 1

I would think because of parts supply, etc., why not transplant a modern powertrain into it?   Their engines are an unknown, as they were so young.  To me, they're collectable, and would be fun to ride to say you did it.... but like anything vintage or near-vintage..... give me my newest for riding.  :)   Cool platform for tinkering with, designing, etc. 

Will check out the thread you guys posted. 

4 hours ago, bladefever said:

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I would think because of parts supply, etc., why not transplant a modern powertrain into it?   To me, they're collectable, and would be fun to ride to say you did it.... but like anything vintage or near-vintage..... give me my newest for riding.  :)

It would take a lot of fabrication to do a transplant. And not sure what that would do to the value of the Redline. After spending $7000 or more US. And then a couple more for the transplant.... In the end it might run only to open a can of worms as other components fail......

I feel the pain for the guy over at HCS with his Redline. I'm sure he would be happy to have it run for 100 trouble free miles. But so far that's only a dream......

A great " Shine and Show " sled

Who knows what his design skills are too.... :)   I meant a modern powerplant if you were hell-bent on making it a "rider"  I certainly wouldn't discard the original engine, etc. 

There's another on CL right now for $9500.

Edited by Puzzleboy

50 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

There is a Soviet Buran Space Shuttle in a hanger in Russia . 

Kinda the same thing lol 

I'm in for that..... Wonder if they offer a test drive first.... Or at least fire up the engines..... Wouldn't want to buy it. And find out it knocks worse then the Kijiji guys white Ford van.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Who knows what his design skills are too.... :)   I meant a modern powerplant if you were hell-bent on making it a "rider"  I certainly wouldn't discard the original engine, etc. 

There's another on CL right now for $9500.

Closest engine would probably be a Zuk from an F7. That cushion drive offset the engine so far to the left. But anything is possible.....

IMG_1515131948285.jpg

7 minutes ago, bladefever said:

I'm in for that..... Wonder if they offer a test drive first.... Or at least fire up the engines..... Wouldn't want to buy it. And find out it knocks worse then the Kijiji guys white Ford van.....

And prob same quality speakers in the back .....

• Like 1

I met that guy once behind the Shawarma place..... he had only 2 speakers left, said they had ordered too many for a nightclub installation. 

Seemed legit. 

34 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

And prob same quality speakers in the back .....

• Haha 2

I met that guy once behind the Shawarma place..... he had only 2 speakers left, said they had ordered too many for a nightclub installation. 

Seemed legit. 

I had 2 guys in a van asking if I wanted an 85" smart tv. They had 1 too many lol. I said no thanks but am looking for speakers lol

• Haha 1

Had to build it that way to clear those 28" risers...... Or he owns a VK 540 with the tall windshield.